Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Spharai vs. Destroyers
Spharai vs. Destroyers
 Fairy.Basilo
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-03-13 12:35:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Wish people would explain why they rate down if they disagree with my point of view lol. I was just pointing out mnk/war in merit doesnt rly exist is the truth of the matter everytime ive merrited with vegetto or any other mnk we are all sub nin. Simply because it would be mp rape and the monk would pull hate almost instantly until a 2hander ws's.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-13 12:39:49
Link | Quote | Reply

mainly because of mamools and ws that can 1shot a CS bersrek mnk. As far as birds goes, mnk/war is fine if the pt doesn't suck
 Fairy.Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-03-13 12:46:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Never merrited with you or any monk mnk/war on mamool or colibri albeit I have only merrited with you maybe 4-5times. I was curious tho when you said about destroyers not even ranking within top 3 hand 2 hand im assuming theyre 4th tho right? spharai >> shenlong >> glanz >> destroyer?
 Sylph.Sindri
Server: Sylph
user: Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-03-13 12:47:52
Link | Quote | Reply

K thanks Dasva your like my own personal wiki. Come to Sylph :D Also guys as MNK/NIN your going to keep shadows up birds don't live long enough for them to fall unless your an idiot, cannot counter, he'd also need to know AGI from gear, (lolMerits?), and base AGI, guarding skill, it's too much. But under basic conditions the math suggests Spharai will outparse Destroyers. TY again Dasva
 Sylph.Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-03-13 12:49:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I think he put it Shenlong > Spharai > Glanzfaust > Hades +1 > Destroyers

Also I just put shenlong first because someone on our server has, says they're better than Spharai (his LS mate has) which are better than glanzfaust.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-13 12:50:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea bas cause the pts we did on birds were not made by me. I don't do mnk/war on mamools for a reason. Can get 1shotted. If i personally make the pt, have ppl i can trust mnk/war is np, but then again I wouldn't even be mnk.
 Cerberus.Watanabie
Server: Cerberus
user: Watanabie
By Cerberus.Watanabie 2010-03-13 12:50:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Spharai aren't the only H2H that outparse Destroyers. Faith Bagh's and Hades +1 are also better.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-13 12:51:53
Link | Quote | Reply

As for h2h order, spharai and shenlongs depends on your acc. Any situation u can fully benefit the acc, shenlongs definitely. Capped acc ect, spharai. Glanz idk about. you could do math in theory but no way to tell how often you're actually going to be able to maintain t3 aftermath and if yo ucan't then they're just pieces of ***.
[+]
 Cerberus.Watanabie
By Cerberus.Watanabie 2010-03-13 12:51:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Shenlong's are not better than Spharai. On average Spharai are 3-5% better.
[+]
 Fairy.Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-03-13 12:52:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Now the destroyer vs hades+1 maths comes out...
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-13 12:55:48
Link | Quote | Reply

@Wat if acc capped on both, yea, but rly depends where ur acc is sitting. But w/ pizza+1 should be capped most of the time. Shenlongs are not to be underestimated though. 21 DMG vs 23, spharai only have 2 DMG more, 3 str is enough to put up your fstr by 1 75% of the time.

Any time that does happen you have 22 dmg vs 23 dmg

22 dmg 51 delay 1% da 1-2 attack 10 acc vs 23 DMG 20 attack 10% counter 86 delay and x3 proc (which only works for mainhand btw offhand can't proc this)
[+]
 Sylph.Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-03-13 12:57:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I think we need the Dasva-tron!
 Fairy.Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-03-13 12:59:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Watanabie said:
Spharai aren't the only H2H that outparse Destroyers. Faith Bagh's and Hades 1 are also better.

Hades+1 really better? Was tempted to get some when I got nq pair last week for pup.
 Cerberus.Watanabie
By Cerberus.Watanabie 2010-03-13 12:59:48
Link | Quote | Reply

At the moment im working on Stage 4 Spharai, and in no position to be getting Shenlong's anytime before i finish Spharai.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-13 13:03:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Hades+1 really better? Was tempted to get some when I got nq pair last week for pup.
Situationally. Depends on what you're doing really. Any situation u can benefit the acc, definitely. Other than that, comes down to how much more counters ur getting from the enmity and 1 dmg vs 5% crits
[+]
 Cerberus.Watanabie
By Cerberus.Watanabie 2010-03-13 13:05:29
Link | Quote | Reply

6% Crits!
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-13 13:06:35
Link | Quote | Reply

The crits are actually pretty meh, will be less than 6% increase (like most other stats don't get better as stacked but actually less of a return) and only applies to DoT offers nothing to ws.
[+]
 Cerberus.Watanabie
By Cerberus.Watanabie 2010-03-13 13:09:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Aye, with capped crit merit's as well as the dex you get from gear, Destroyers only add 3-5% crit for me personally.
[+]
 Fairy.Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-03-13 13:10:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bit too close to fork out 14m for hades+1 atm for till we see where these new lvl caps go. But I personally dont think any owners of Spharai/Shenlongs need to worry im sure these 2 will always, till game dies be most superior hand2hand weapons with the correct trial of magian quest augments.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-13 13:13:25
Link | Quote | Reply

If I had to pick between spharai and shenlongs, only having 1, I'd go shenlongs, personally.
 Cerberus.Watanabie
By Cerberus.Watanabie 2010-03-13 13:29:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll admit Shenlong's look cooler than Spharai. But being as far into relic upgrading as I am...I'll take Spharai over Shenlong's. Maybe in time I'll have both and just sextify parties with my MNKness.
 Sylph.Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-03-13 13:38:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Watanabie said:
I'll admit Shenlong's look cooler than Spharai. But being as far into relic upgrading as I am...I'll take Spharai over Shenlong's. Maybe in time I'll have both and just sextify parties with my MNKness.

What stage of which relic are you on? Im assuming stage 4 of h2h?
 Cerberus.Watanabie
By Cerberus.Watanabie 2010-03-13 13:54:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Watanabie said:
At the moment im working on Stage 4 Spharai, and in no position to be getting Shenlong's anytime before i finish Spharai.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-13 13:56:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I have stage 3 atm, if i got a pair of shenlongs, I'd sell my currency
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2010-03-13 18:58:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Siren.Kyte said:
That math doesn't account for the Counter 10 either, which would increase damage and survivability. I would maybe argue that the counter enhancement is the most important thing about them; it makes them more than just a simple DD upgrade.
I was assuming a simple DDing. Really to hard to figure that all out. I mean how often you will have hate how often you will counter with each... it's way too variable. Obviously there may draw is as a tanking tool or just for when you get hate. Especially with there dmg so similar to something so easy to get

Oh no, I wasn't actually suggesting that the counter should be modeled- only that they were more useful and would parse a bit higher than a mathematical comparison only on the basis of their other stats would indicate.
 Remora.Monchat
Server: Remora
user: monchat
By Remora.Monchat 2010-03-13 19:36:31
Link | Quote | Reply

to add to what's been said there are versions of Fay relic weapons that are better than hades sainti +1, but you need insane luck.
 Sylph.Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-03-13 20:50:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:

Was talking to other dude. You still working on it? I thought you were more fond of your SAM figured you'd do Amano. ALSO anyone find it weird that SAM can use Yoich but not Gungnir?
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-13 20:56:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I think part of the whole omg destroyers are the best is cause well they used to be. Like pre-AU days. Not only were most those better ones not out but generally the mobs you were had more def you had less att which just makes the crit hits that much better
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-13 22:32:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Sindri said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:

Was talking to other dude. You still working on it? I thought you were more fond of your SAM figured you'd do Amano. ALSO anyone find it weird that SAM can use Yoich but not Gungnir?
I'm not more fond of my sam in the least. Mnk is my main job and my favorite job. I just go to stuff (for the most part) on the job that will perform the best and more often than not, as far as dealing damage goes, it happens to be sam, but you'll never see me solo'ing on the job for example. I wouldn't go to solo Serket on sam like I would on mnk, ect. I've been doing a lot of ZNM solo'ing (or duo'ing) recently, most of which on mnk (a bit on pup). I have no interest in amano.