users online
Forum » FFXIV » General » FYI about PS3 Beta code + ff14 special item
FYI about PS3 Beta code + ff14 special item
 Ramuh.Kalyna
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-03-13 00:02:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Before you guys go all "I WANT TO BETA PS3" with all this, you guys need to read the small print first.
Quote:
20-digit FINAL FANTASY XIV promotional code because you registered FINAL FANTASY XIII for PlayStation®3.

How to Use the Promotional Code

There are two uses for the FINAL FANTASY XIV promotional code.

1. Receive a FINAL FANTASY XIV Secret In-Game Item!
After the official launch of FINAL FANTASY XIV in 2010, you will receive a secret in-game item* by registering the promotional code at the beginning of FINAL FANTASY XIV.
*Details on the secret item will be revealed at a later date on SQUARE ENIX MEMBERS and the official FINAL FANTASY XIV website.

Enter for a potential opportunity to become a beta tester for FINAL FANTASY XIV for PlayStation 3!
The promotional code also allows you to apply now for a potential opportunity to become a beta tester for FINAL FANTASY XIV for PlayStation 3. Click the link that appears below the FINAL FNATASY XIV promotional code and enter using the official beta tester application form.
read the bold: Potential opportunity. I closed the window already (stupid me) but you can only pick ONE of them.

So you guys better choose wisely. Either an in game item or a potential opportunity to play ff14beta on ps3. This is the only way you can beta on PS3 too. Don't be too hasty people :P
 Bismarck.Awezomeos
Server: Bismarck
user: Awezomeos
By Bismarck.Awezomeos 2010-03-13 00:04:42
Link | Quote | Reply

i guess everyone knows this
 Midgardsormr.Zenshiro
Server: Midgardsormr
By Midgardsormr.Zenshiro 2010-03-13 00:12:49
Link | Quote | Reply

So if i put the code on my beta apply i can't use it later?

Let's say i don't care about PS3 beta cuz i don't have a ps3 waiting for beta for the PC atm and got the good pc to run it.

i have to wait later and put that code on FFXIV once it come out?
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2010-03-13 00:20:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Kalyna said:
Before you guys go all "I WANT TO BETA PS3" with all this, you guys need to read the small print first.
Quote:
20-digit FINAL FANTASY XIV promotional code because you registered FINAL FANTASY XIII for PlayStation®3.

After the official launch of FINAL FANTASY XIV in 2010, you will receive a secret in-game item* by registering the promotional code at the beginning of FINAL FANTASY XIV.
*Details on the secret item will be revealed at a later date on SQUARE ENIX MEMBERS and the official FINAL FANTASY XIV website.

Enter for a potential opportunity to become a beta tester for FINAL FANTASY XIV for PlayStation 3!
The promotional code also allows you to apply now for a potential opportunity to become a beta tester for FINAL FANTASY XIV for PlayStation 3. Click the link that appears below the FINAL FNATASY XIV promotional code and enter using the official beta tester application form.
read the bold: Potential opportunity. I closed the window already (stupid me) but you can only pick ONE of them.

So you guys better choose wisely. Either an in game item or a potential opportunity to play ff14beta on ps3. This is the only way you can beta on PS3 too. Don't be too hasty people :P

90% sure this isnt the case lol. brb doing resurch.
 Fenrir.Dramanue
Server: Fenrir
user: Dramanue
By Fenrir.Dramanue 2010-03-13 01:33:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I also found it odd that on that page only one thing gets numbered... I haven't used it for either one yet, since it is really vague on its mention of "two uses". I know it's being rather nitpicky since it's a site and all, but everything else seems so legal that numbering only one of the paragraphs makes me wonder if one of your choices is getting a promo item and a chance to get into the beta, while the second use is unmentioned.
 Siren.Talonn
Server: Siren
By Siren.Talonn 2010-03-13 02:24:04
Link | Quote | Reply

this isn't very clear.

Is it:
beta app or in-game item?
or
beta app and in-game item?
 Diabolos.Sovereign
Server: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2010-03-13 02:41:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Kalyna said:
Quote:

Yeah that'd be pretty HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE if this was the case.

HOWEVER!

Quote:
The promotional code also allows you to apply now for a potential opportunity to become a beta tester for FINAL FANTASY XIV for PlayStation 3.

The term 'also' used in this manner would imply multi-purpose. So chances are you get both the FF14 in game item, and ALSO the opportunity to beta test FF14 on the PS3.

I'd imagine they'd make it very clear that you could only do one or the other with your promo code, if that were the case.

To clarify further, 'potential opportunity' as written in the above would mean that even if you registered for the beta with your promo code, you may still not be selected for the beta. It has nothing to do with how many different things the code could be used for.

On top of that, an earlier sentence blatantly states that there are no less than two uses for the code, and says nothing about having to select only one use.

Common sense should have got anyone through this >.>
[+]
 Siren.Talonn
By Siren.Talonn 2010-03-13 03:03:03
Link | Quote | Reply

ya.... i didn't really read it when i got my code, just poped it in the application. Doubt there is anyway to get it back. Oh well, probably some semi-useless item anyways like the Moogle town shield or some ***that will take up space
 Remora.Scampi
Server: Remora
user: scampi
By Remora.Scampi 2010-03-13 03:32:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Talonn said:
this isn't very clear. Is it: beta app or in-game item? or beta app and in-game item?

would say by the fact it says "ALSO" you get both. once game is launched you get a special item even if selected to Beta test or not
 Pandemonium.Tygon
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Tygon 2010-03-13 04:26:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Kalyna said:
Quote:

Looks to me like you get the in-game item AND the potential opportunity <a chance> to be a beta tester that is not guaranteed. But the in-game item is guaranteed.

Basically, looks like you get both to me.
 Ramuh.Kalyna
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-03-13 07:05:21
Link | Quote | Reply

If i can get back to that page, i can c/p the small text at the bottom where it says you can only choose one. i think what they meant is "also, you can use the code for ps3beta. i mean it's like a potion, once you use it it's gone. (that's how most codes are. idk if it's correct or you can get both but i don't want to take chances and lose a super cool item i might use on ff14.
 Siren.Talonn
By Siren.Talonn 2010-03-13 07:28:01
Link | Quote | Reply

i thought since i registered my code with SE they would have it on hand when i connected with my SE account on FFXIV right? instead of having to keep it writing down or some ***.... oh well, we shall see i guess
 Fenrir.Dramanue
Server: Fenrir
user: Dramanue
By Fenrir.Dramanue 2010-03-13 18:36:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I love how people just totally ignored my post... >.>
 Garuda.Sheila
Server: Garuda
user: Valkyrie
By Garuda.Sheila 2010-03-13 19:11:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah I just got mine...I am going to save it just in case...regardless I will be playing the game and would rather have the in game item :)
 Shiva.Brisk
Server: Shiva
user: Lowell
By Shiva.Brisk 2010-03-14 00:32:29
Link | Quote | Reply

It's both, because you are told to hang on to your code after signing up for the beta to use when the official game is released.
[+]
 Ramuh.Kalyna
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-03-15 06:37:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Dramanue said:
I love how people just totally ignored my post... >.>
i noticed there was only "1" for the number too. I wonder what the hell's goin on with that too.

Shiva.Darkshade
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-03-15 07:03:51
Link | Quote | Reply

itt: People fail to grasp the basics of reading comprehension.
[+]
 Ramuh.Kalyna
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-03-15 07:06:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Darkshade said:
can you post the last part of the thing then (the stuff after the code) i read there that you could only choose either or but i wanna make sure i read it right.
 Shiva.Darkshade
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-03-15 08:28:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Kalyna said:
Shiva.Darkshade said:
can you post the last part of the thing then (the stuff after the code) i read there that you could only choose either or but i wanna make sure i read it right.
This isn't what you're talking about, as that page is inaccessible once you leave, and I clear my cache several times a day. This should work though.

^Click to expand if you're using some inferior resolution.^

/thread
[+]
 Shiva.Darkshade
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-03-15 08:37:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I think OP secretly wants less people to register the PS3 beta code so he or she can have a higher chance at getting in!

Cold!
[+]
 Ramuh.Kalyna
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-03-15 09:36:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Darkshade said:
I think OP secretly wants less people to register the PS3 beta code so he or she can have a higher chance at getting in! Cold!
i actually didn't register for the ps3 beta (thinking it's a one time use thing and that i have to pick between ps3 beta or the item)
 Shiva.Darkshade
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-03-15 14:31:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Kalyna said:
Shiva.Darkshade said:
I think OP secretly wants less people to register the PS3 beta code so he or she can have a higher chance at getting in! Cold!
i actually didn't register for the ps3 beta (thinking it's a one time use thing and that i have to pick between ps3 beta or the item)
I was just joking. '-'
 Shiva.Darkshade
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-03-15 17:53:28
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys looking forward to your free replica hi-potion for your chocobo house obtained by using your FFXIV beta code? I know I am, going to make the game so much better.