MNK sub jobs at 99
First Page 2
 Garuda.Feifongwong
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
By Garuda.Feifongwong 2010-03-02 01:08:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming it goes 99/49

MNK/WAR would get Aggressor, for extra accuracy, pretty nice.

MNK/NIN would get Innin for extra accuracy, critical hit rate, and less enmity.

MNK/DNC would get Violent Flourish for stunning.

Pretty interesting I thought, since MNK has always been my main job. What do you guys think?

Anyone notice other potentially awesome bonuses MNK might obtain with higher level subjobs?

EDIT: Also, just realized, MNK/DNC would get Reverse Flourish!
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-02 01:16:05
Link | Quote | Reply

You also forgot mnk/dnc would get haste samba.

/rdm would give haste refresh phalanx enspells dia/bio2 dispell. Be pretty interesing for solo.

/thf you would get hide so people will stop messing up your SA DKs!!!

Garuda.Feifongwong
By Garuda.Feifongwong 2010-03-02 01:19:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:

/rdm would give haste refresh phalanx enspells dia/bio2 dispell. Be pretty interesing for solo.

Haste Samba O_O

That would be great especially if merited! Might have to level DNC to 75 for merits now
 Sylph.Sindri
Server: Sylph
user: Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-03-02 01:22:20
Link | Quote | Reply

/BLU

Refueling and Job Traits aswell as previous bonuses such as Cocoon. Can also set STR+ spells which you dont get with /WHM
 Garuda.Feifongwong
By Garuda.Feifongwong 2010-03-02 01:26:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Sindri said:
/BLU

Refueling and Job Traits aswell as previous bonuses such as Cocoon. Can also set STR spells which you dont get with /WHM

oh wow lol! see I knew there would lots that I didn't even think of.

Some of these even if they were gimped some way would still be so aweomse.
 Sylph.Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-03-02 01:30:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Feifongwong said:
Sylph.Sindri said:
/BLU

Refueling and Job Traits aswell as previous bonuses such as Cocoon. Can also set STR spells which you dont get with /WHM

oh wow lol! see I knew there would lots that I didn't even think of.

Some of these even if they were gimped some way would still be so aweomse.

Solo skillchains too. Surprised /BLU hasn't been drooled over more
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-02 01:32:25
Link | Quote | Reply

If you set refueling and cocoon your best cure spell (magic carrot lol) and all str spells that would give you +7 str +1 dex and 10 more set points.

Most traits are kinda useless. A few killer effects, Att/def bonus, and Auto-regen are like the best ones lol.

So with those 10 points you could set another 7dex.

But low mp and no refresh kinda sucks. And 5% less haste then haste spell and no good cures.
 Sylph.Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-03-02 01:35:04
Link | Quote | Reply

You get Stuns too don't forget. Probably not for full timing but situationally it will be good, for soloing mobs that don't hit very hard it should be great.
By Alaik 2010-03-02 01:36:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Feifongwong said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:

Haste Samba O_O

That would be great especially if merited! Might have to level DNC to 75 for merits now

Fully merited haste samba will still be regular unmerited haste samba if subbed.

Sorry to rain on your parade.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-02 01:39:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Sindri said:
I think it has to do with the fact that at 75... or now 99 ending a skillchain with a lvl 40something spell and lvl 40 something skill would kinda suck. Hell it wasn't that awesome then compared to what you can do now lol

I'd rather start one /smn. And yeah /smn gets some awesome buffing abilities by 49. Hastega, phalanxga, spring water, crimson howl, ecliptic growl.
 Sylph.Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-03-02 01:40:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Alaik said:
Garuda.Feifongwong said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:

Haste Samba O_O

Fully merited haste samba will still be regular unmerited haste samba if subbed.

A nice bonus for when your subbing DNC but not a reason to do it. /RDM would be better, Refresh, Convert, Cures, Haste. Even better than my BLU idea.
 Sylph.Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-03-02 01:41:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Sylph.Sindri said:
I think it has to do with the fact that at 75... or now 99 ending a skillchain with a lvl 40something spell and lvl 40 something skill would kinda suck. Hell it wasn't that awesome then compared to what you can do now lol

I'd rather start one /smn. And yeah /smn gets some awesome buffing abilities by 49. Hastega, phalanxga, spring water, crimson howl, ecliptic growl.

Eh, too much MP in too little time to be plausible for MNK. I can see the return of RDM/SMN around the corner though.
 Sylph.Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-03-02 01:43:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Feifongwong said:
Assuming it goes 99/49

Try not to forget that's only from behind the mob, and Yonin the front. Yonin would be nice for soloing NMs I suppose, but MNK/NIN isn't common at 75 (99?) in situations where you can strike from behind (or at all) frequently
 Bismarck.Rinako
Server: Bismarck
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-03-02 01:47:54
Link | Quote | Reply

/dnc also gets Reverse Flourish

15 Evasion Bonus
20 Resist Slow
30 Accuracy Bonus
45 Evasion Bonus II

-- I still think rdm would be pretty awesome for solo or even skillin' guard for Refresh/Cure IV/Haste/Convert as stated before but also Phalanx/Stoneskin(which MNK could cap easy)/Protect III/Ice Spikes. (Ice spikes you wouldn't use for skilling but solo yar) AND Fast Cast II.

(assuming nothing is changed, which they said they're changin some JA/Spells/Traits etc but as of now this)
 Bismarck.Rinako
Server: Bismarck
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-03-02 01:49:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Sindri said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Sylph.Sindri said:

Eh, too much MP in too little time to be plausible for MNK. I can see the return of RDM/SMN around the corner though.

and unless they change accession RDM/SCH will be able to do hastega phalanxga amoung a bunch of other -ga spells. Refreshga. etc
 Garuda.Feifongwong
By Garuda.Feifongwong 2010-03-02 01:50:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Sindri said:
Garuda.Feifongwong said:
Assuming it goes 99/49

Try not to forget that's only from behind the mob, and Yonin the front. Yonin would be nice for soloing NMs I suppose, but MNK/NIN isn't common at 75 (99?) in situations where you can strike from behind (or at all) frequently

You never know, if they're creating harder mobs for us to level on it probably won't go like a merit party.
 Garuda.Feifongwong
By Garuda.Feifongwong 2010-03-02 01:52:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Alaik said:
Garuda.Feifongwong said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:

Haste Samba O_O

Ah you're right, wasn't sure on that. Well I'll take DNC to 49 at least now.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-02 01:54:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Sindri said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Sylph.Sindri said:
I think it has to do with the fact that at 75... or now 99 ending a skillchain with a lvl 40something spell and lvl 40 something skill would kinda suck. Hell it wasn't that awesome then compared to what you can do now lol I'd rather start one /smn. And yeah /smn gets some awesome buffing abilities by 49. Hastega, phalanxga, spring water, crimson howl, ecliptic growl.
Autorefresh!!! Also Punch howling/raging fist makes fusion!!! and it only cost 9!!!

Also I was thinking staff mnk. Mnks can use spirit taker. Use carbuncle pole with carby out most the time for 50-95 enlight dmg. And the tp bonus which is crazy good on staff ws since they really jump ftps. At 49 it would only be 6mp/tic. Using subjob belt and ACP body could get it down to 2 then 1 with auto refresh. Be funny to say the least.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-02 01:58:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Feifongwong said:
Sylph.Sindri said:
Garuda.Feifongwong said:
Assuming it goes 99/49 MNK/NIN would get Innin for extra accuracy, critical hit rate, and less enmity.
You never know, if they're creating harder mobs for us to level on it probably won't go like a merit party.
Well unless they completely rework emnity is shouldn't be that hard. If the curves continue the way they are going emnity from dmg dealt will go way down. As well as cure emnity and emnity lost from taking dmg.

Spells and jas will stay the same. So a nin/drk for example would gain hate just as fast now. Lose it slower while everyone else is gaining hate much slower. Could definitely see fights where you can stay behind a mob. Especially with decreased emnity
 Garuda.Feifongwong
By Garuda.Feifongwong 2010-03-02 02:09:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Well unless they completely rework emnity is shouldn't be that hard. If the curves continue the way they are going emnity from dmg dealt will go way down. As well as cure emnity and emnity lost from taking dmg.

Spells and jas will stay the same. So a nin/drk for example would gain hate just as fast now. Lose it slower while everyone else is gaining hate much slower. Could definitely see fights where you can stay behind a mob. Especially with decreased emnity

That's what I was thinking, as well as the damage mitigation from fighting IT mobs versus fighting VT in merit parties would be useful. It would also give more value as a /NIN sub for a MNK, because really other than Utsusemi, there isn't much benefit.
 Pandemonium.Knightofdragons
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Knightofdragons 2010-03-02 02:37:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't see any changes in sub job choices /war for Dmg,
/nin for Ichi/Ni, Innin,
/dnc for Solo,

But i do think we may see change in gear for a mnk/war
Considering most mnks will full Usuku are normaly near Acc Cap, Now ability to use Focus and Agg, We'll be way above Acc Cap May change us back into old fashion Shura togi/Bhaidate builds
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-02 03:07:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Well kinda depends on what the merit mob will be. Colibri have higher than normal evasion for an xp mob so discounting thf and nin mamools they are probably the most evasive thing you are tping off of.

So if the new merit/xp mob is not super evasive you might go back to full haste build anyways. Though part of mnk using full usukan is they can still cap gear haste and get lots of good stats and acc at same time.

For example right now a full usukane mnk with BB with just that one gets 25% haste 23 str 13dex 36 acc.

A mnk in full haste gear using the same slots except hands/body gets 25% haste 7str 15dex.

So difference in stats is usukane mnk has +16 str -2dex +36 acc and no hand/body slots. Acc aside I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you can't make up the dmg diff from 16 str in those 2 slots.

Also as is a meritted somewhat pimped out mnk depending on race can get to the acc cap in full usukane even with rajas and BB without food. With pizza+1 a merited mnk can do it in just usukane and rajas lol. Remember sams damn near cap a weapon with 36 less skill.

That being said being able to have focus (+30acc) up for 2 min then aggressor (+25 acc) up for 3 min then back to focus so basically having at least +25 acc at all times will be nice for mnk in general
 Garuda.Feifongwong
By Garuda.Feifongwong 2010-03-02 03:14:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Knightofdragons said:
/nin for Ichi/Ni, Innin,
/dnc for Solo,

Considering most mnks will full Usuku are normaly near Acc Cap, Now ability to use Focus and Agg, We'll be way above Acc Cap May change us back into old fashion Shura togi/Bhaidate builds

; ; i don't have any usu yet, but i can dream~!

One day lol

I've had 2 Salvage groups fall through on me.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-03-02 08:17:46
Link | Quote | Reply

MNK/DC would be beautiful during Campaign, while MNK/NIN would do wonders in the new Abyssea world.

And for those of us who love the sheer rush of unadulterated violence would go MNK/WAR
 Fenrir.Shambo
Server: Fenrir
user: Shambo
By Fenrir.Shambo 2010-03-02 08:57:34
Link | Quote | Reply

watch vegetto come in here and mind *** this thread with FUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Hi vegetto
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-03-02 08:58:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Shambo said:
watch vegetto come in here and mind *** this thread with FUCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Hi vegetto
the math is imminent!
 Sylph.Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-03-02 09:20:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Feifongwong said:
Pandemonium.Knightofdragons said:
/nin for Ichi/Ni, Innin,
/dnc for Solo,

; ; i don't have any usu yet, but i can dream~!

One day lol

I've had 2 Salvage groups fall through on me.

I can guarantee you less than 5 percent of main monks have full Usu. Do the math and prove me wrong but most is too damn big. Innin also improves Critical hit Rate, not just Acc.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-03-02 09:21:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont have full Usu, I loathe endgame LS.
 Sylph.Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-03-02 09:21:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
I dont have full Usu, I loathe endgame LS.

yah this ^
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-03-02 09:22:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I usually do /shout groups for Nyzle Isle for Askar gear for DRK, other than that I just Campaign and randomly do Dynamis with my dyna ls.
First Page 2