FFXIV BETA Question.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXIV » General » FFXIV BETA question.
FFXIV BETA question.
 Pandemonium.Machiaveli
Server: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
By Pandemonium.Machiaveli 2010-02-09 13:06:33
Link | Quote | Reply

So I decided to sign up for Beta testing (probably too late anyways) but I have no idea how does it look like. Are you just playing FFXIV for free testing the game or what ?
 Carbuncle.Agents
Server: Carbuncle
user: Laddie
By Carbuncle.Agents 2010-02-09 13:18:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Basicly, you just play find bugs then report :)
[+]
 Pandemonium.Machiaveli
By Pandemonium.Machiaveli 2010-02-09 13:26:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Dayummm are they letting you download FFXIV since its not in the shops yet ? Is it for free :D ?
 Kujata.Erim
Server: Kujata
user: Erim
By Kujata.Erim 2010-02-09 13:34:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Most beta programs are free and fall under 3 different types.

Closed Beta - Almost always only for preordering customers. They are normally much earlier in development. Invitation only.

Open Beta - Invitation only to the general public. Normally closer to a final release candidate.

Public Beta - Open for all, no invitation required.

If you were accepted into the beta you would most likely have to download the game client to your PC, I seriously doubt they're gonna ship DVDs. No idea if it'll be free or not, they might do the "preorders only" deal.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Machiaveli
By Pandemonium.Machiaveli 2010-02-09 14:11:17
Link | Quote | Reply

When will they let you know if your application got in ? Tired of checking my email each 30 minutes lol!
 Quetzalcoatl.Behar
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Behar
By Quetzalcoatl.Behar 2010-02-09 14:21:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Stop checking your e-mail every 30 mins lol you will go crazy. SE has released no time frame for a BETA period besides the sign up. However knowing SE they prolly jsut made the sign up just to screw with us and there will be no open BETA for the public.
 Midgardsormr.Ouch
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Ouch
By Midgardsormr.Ouch 2010-02-09 14:29:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't be surprised if this huge announcement they have for VanaFest on February 28 is the announcement of the BETA testing dates and, subsequently, release of email notification to those accepted as testers.
[+]
 Fairy.Phatdade
Server: Fairy
user: phatdade
By Fairy.Phatdade 2010-02-09 14:40:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Same crap happens with every beta ever so I might as well tell would be early starters....

Most betas will NOT!!!!! let you keep your character that you used during the test.

So don't get too attached if you do get chosen.

Once the real game starts you'll be at ground zero and possibly looking at a world that closely resembles what you tested in, but has different quests, goals, NPC locations, maps, walls, doors, etc.

P.S. Mach, DON'T LET WAYNE HAVE YOUR P/W!!
[+]
 Asura.Kyofooyo
Server: Asura
user: Kyofooyo
By Asura.Kyofooyo 2010-02-09 14:50:34
Link | Quote | Reply

So I applied, but now SE won't let me log in to my account... It's really weird, and I can't tell which email it'll go to. Anyone know if it'll email it through the POL email system?

EDIT: Yes, I've tried the forgotten email function. It says that the email I use is not registered, but when I try to make a new account with that email (that was unregistered) it says it's already registered... I'm so confused. Any one know what's going on?
 Midgardsormr.Zenshiro
By Midgardsormr.Zenshiro 2010-02-09 15:16:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Well beta is not out yet, But you do go crazy everytime you have a new email lol. Or a email that say SE. Good luck getting in, i know am hoping :(
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Tutone
user: TuTone
By Midgardsormr.Tutone 2010-02-09 15:20:00
Link | Quote | Reply

The only beta I ever tested was Socom Navy Seals 2, and I will say it was the most buggy thing ever, I know the purpose was to test and find glitches, but it was more work logging on then it was finding the bugs. It was closed though, and came with all the pretty little paper work about not posting it on the internet or I will be sued, and other stuff people did not follow. I did sign up for this one, and am looking foward to it, but will take it seriously to try and find all I can.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Machiaveli
By Pandemonium.Machiaveli 2010-02-09 15:38:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Phatdade said:
P.S. Mach, DON'T LET WAYNE HAVE YOUR P/W!!

Dude dont remind me :( i received Mach as a gift years ago from Agena she was my bestest friend that time mach only had rng 60 i started from scrap!

Then agena died (second anniversary in april god bless her soul <3 ) from cancer :( Wayne was her son its obvious i trusted the lil fella with everything me and agena had each others credit cards .

Then i went away for the summer trying to log on ... bang ***:(

I was trying to contact him at least talk to him i know its tough for the kid but stealing this from me really hurt me :(
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
user: Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2010-02-10 00:37:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Beta apps opened December 16th and, to my knowledge no one has heard anything back since.

Also of note:
Quote:
3.2 Accumulated Data during Testing Period
ALL DATA GENERATED DURING THE BETA TEST BELONGS TO COMPANY. DATA ACCUMULATED BY BETA TESTER DURING BETA TESTING WILL NOT BE TRANSFERRED, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, OVER TO THE PUBLICLY RELEASED VERSION OF FINAL FANTASY XIV OR ANY OTHER SUBSEQUENTLY LAUNCHED ONLINE SERVICE. BETA TESTER WILL BE REQUIRED TO START NEW CHARACTERS AT THAT TIME.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Machiaveli
By Pandemonium.Machiaveli 2010-02-10 08:39:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont mind if i lose the char to be honest i would get addicted to this game if they would transfer the beta char ! I just wanna play for a little while hang out and see how the game works :) THEN M A Y B E buy it.
 Midgardsormr.Zenshiro
By Midgardsormr.Zenshiro 2010-02-10 09:39:39
Link | Quote | Reply

if you just want to hang out then wait for open beta please. Close Beta testing is to fix bugs and tell them that we want this or that. Close beta testing is how the game going to turn out in release.

p.s i hope you got a good pc to run it.
[+]