Some Monk Math Help Preesh.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Some monk math help preesh.
Some monk math help preesh.
 Shiva.Drteeth
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Drteeth
By Shiva.Drteeth 2010-02-06 00:41:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades Sainti have recently dropped in price on Shiva, which has led me to feel the need to augment as many as I can. The question I pose is this:

Would DMG+1 or 2 on Hades outdamage the crit%+ on Destroyers in the long run? Maths please! D:
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2010-02-06 00:46:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually did just read a load of math on this. From what they concluded, the better your gear, merits ect.. hades are a small bit better than destroyers anyway.
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/db/jobs.html?fjob=11;mid=122638850455656019;num=17;page=1
I don't know how accurate it all is, but I thought it might be helpful anyway.
 Pandemonium.Vincentius
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Vincentius 2010-02-06 00:54:49
Link | Quote | Reply

.............. No.

Hades should stay inferior unless your gear is seriously lacking in accuracy. And if that's the case, you might want to spend your money elsewhere to improve yourself to the point of Destroyers being better again.

I'd keep the best pair of Hades you get from the first pair or two you augment for Salvage, but that's it. It's not worth the money like throwing Forager's Mantles hoping for ACC+ can be.
 Shiva.Drteeth
By Shiva.Drteeth 2010-02-06 00:56:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the reply :o. Was certainly an interesting read. Has anyone else done similar testing with augmented Hades vs. Destroyers?

Edit: I may have been a bit overzealous when I said "augment as many as I can." I'll probably only augment a couple and hope for the best. :3
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-02-06 01:02:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I would think Hades+1 with DMG+2 augment would be pretty kickass.

>.>

It's really hard to beat Destroyers. They parse right alongside even relic. Honestly if you don't have them, save yourself the gil and go get them.
 Shiva.Drteeth
By Shiva.Drteeth 2010-02-06 01:04:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
I would think Hades 1 with DMG 2 augment would be pretty kickass.

>.>

It's really hard to beat Destroyers. They parse right alongside even relic. Honestly if you don't have them, save yourself the gil and go get them.

Oh, I do have them. I just thought it would be interesting to see a pair of augmented NQ Hades against Destroyers (with capped crit merits).
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-02-06 01:07:11
Link | Quote | Reply

i got -2% delay onmartial knuckles if that stand for anything
 Pandemonium.Vincentius
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Vincentius 2010-02-06 01:21:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to change the subject, but that would be borderline useless, even if it wasn't for Martial Knuckles sucking ***.
 Asura.Artemicion
Server: Asura
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-02-06 01:25:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm kinda curious how Glanzfaust would stack up vs destroyers with the focus augmentation and the double attack via aftermath. Considering the nature of h2h, it wouldn't be worth the effort considering how easily destroyers are obtained and how (relatively) cheap hades are.
 Fairy.Vegetto
Server: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-06 08:30:22
Link | Quote | Reply

2 DMG on hades, and my destroyers wouldn't be seeing very much light of day anymore.

2 DMG is 3.17-3.77% increase depending on your fstr, applies to DoT and WS damage. 6% crits will only apply to about 65% of your dmg (DoT) and offer nothing for WS. If you're overcapping acc, you can make other swaps like acc ring to flame ring for an additional 1-2 fstr and easily make up for the rest of the difference (if any to begin with). Then you have the 7 enmity, which can bring damage via counters.
[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
Server: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-02-06 08:43:24
Link | Quote | Reply

veggie kfc boy. how can i get 2dmg on hades
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
Server: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-06 08:44:27
Link | Quote | Reply

FoV augment.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
Server: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-02-07 04:55:40
Link | Quote | Reply

:O
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-02-15 05:20:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there any particular better zone to do these in? I.e. VoS vs. Sky?
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-02-15 06:30:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Sky seems to be superior for Physical attack augments.

VoS seems better for mages.
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-02-15 06:32:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like an expensive, risky, yet awesome investment.
 Asura.Zekky
user: Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2010-02-15 06:39:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Artemicion said:
It can get expensive for any piece of gear if you're unlucky with a certain augment. Like Dasva. He just can't seem to get over INT+2 on his weskits. =(
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-02-15 06:43:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Risk big, win big. Imo it's worth a shot as long as you accept the fact that it could be less useful than its original state and can afford to lose that power/resale value.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-15 06:52:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I've yet to see anything besides rumor on the whole sky melee VoS mage thing. I can tell you VoS has only given me about 2 items that were real improvements in over 60 tries.

Anyways as far as the OP goes it would be somewhat dependent on gear. The acc might allow you to put more str on so really raising your base dmg even more then what is just on the gloves. Or add more att. Also dependent on what you doing and buffs. The higher your pdif is the less of an effect crit hits are having.

For example with capped Ratio against EM or lower a crit will increase dmg by 22-29%.

At say a Ratio of 1.35 against a mob 7 lvls higher (chosen cause of ease of math and being fairly reasonable amounts in xp or mid lvl events) a crit hit will increase dmg by 100-142%.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-15 06:53:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Zekky said:
Asura.Artemicion said:
It can get expensive for any piece of gear if you're unlucky with a certain augment. Like Dasva. He just can't seem to get over INT 2 on his weskits. =(
Naw I got +3 on like the 18th. Then 2 on the 30something. Still haven't gotten another int. Well + int anyways. Or even elmental skill. Lots of divine magic and vit and str though