Hum Monk Help Time!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Hum Monk help time!
Hum Monk help time!
 Fenrir.Surgator
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: blade4
By Fenrir.Surgator 2010-02-04 23:48:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay here we go....

I see in the ppl who give there advice for mnk is to get a lot of stg gear but all the advice seem pretty old so i was thinking do is it still right? of better wih some acc and attack gear?

I want to know too if mnk is good in some place exept salvage? Because i am very bored to heard sam have the best role in every situation lol!
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-02-04 23:51:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I use MNK/DNC for Nyzle Isle, Spectral Jig works wonders for in-a-pinch invis/sneak.

For Dynamis, MNK/NIN, survivability is needed.

If I remember correct the order of attributes were ACC > ATT > Haste > STR > DEX > everything else
 Shiva.Drteeth
Server: Shiva
user: Drteeth
By Shiva.Drteeth 2010-02-04 23:52:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Accuracy and attack are your friends. Mix with haste. Salt to taste.

And MNK is a very viable DD in a lot of things other than Salvage.
[+]
 Siren.Eagleeyes
Server: Siren
user: eagleeyes
By Siren.Eagleeyes 2010-02-04 23:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Drteeth said:

tell the samurai fans that
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-02-05 00:03:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Eagleeyes said:
Shiva.Drteeth said:

tell the samurai fans that

they can go lolspam their toys elsewhere.
 Pandemonium.Areis
Server: Pandemonium
user: Areis
By Pandemonium.Areis 2010-02-05 00:07:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Haste > Acc > Atk > Str/Dex. That's not to say there aren't exceptions but if you follow that path on Mnk you'll do alright.

Mnk/Nin is defiantly amazing in salvage. That isn't to say be-all end-all with enough support Sam/War or even Drk/Sam can tank, but you need MUCH more healing & experience to make these viable.

Outside of that having Drg & Sam I don't think I'd take my monk to most events i would show up for (although i find myself more often on Whm & Cor).

Would i say that Sam is better? I guess if you define better by 60s spike output. Monk fills a different nich from what we ask of our DD's in Zerg events, with a more DoT oriented outlook with survivability of /nin.
 Bismarck.Neinougen
Server: Bismarck
user: Neinougen
By Bismarck.Neinougen 2010-02-05 00:11:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Stack up on Acc and Haste if your not at the level for haste gear fill slots that can't hold Acc with Atk and by all means please avoid full timing str rings.

As for what a mnk is good in I'm yet to find something it's been "useless" in.

Dynamis you may not spike as often on a mob like sam's would but your punching does add up.

Sky definately a weaker point but can always go old school with a chi blast set nice to see 1500+ numbers on kirin.

Nyzul works wonders since with the proper gear you can tank things rather well while /nin not to mention a Fanatics with counterstance on a boss floor is always amusing.

In the end Mnk will be as useful for you as you make it, the harder you try to improve it the more useful it becomes I'm sure not everyone will agree but eh thats what that whole opinions are like *** saying is for.

[+]
 Asura.Artemicion
Server: Asura
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-02-05 00:12:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Every class has its perk. Play what's fun most importantly. Also this is sound advice from everyone so far. Don't forget the hot sauce Drteeth.
[+]
 Fenrir.Surgator
Server: Fenrir
user: blade4
By Fenrir.Surgator 2010-02-05 00:41:11
Link | Quote | Reply

okay that what i tought , just some Guide for mnk are just overrated lol!

Thx everyone
 Bahamut.Ukiyasan
Server: Bahamut
user: Ukiyasan
By Bahamut.Ukiyasan 2010-02-05 08:24:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Well...

Nyzul: With the proper gear and meds (barbarian's drink, fanatics drink, body boost), a mnk can pump out a ton of damage on Khiamira (I know I probably misspelled that, but you get the point) with 2hr. I did it on an 80 run. We had 5min left and all the other DDs were weakened. I got double march, had body boost up, popped counterstance. BRD pulled it to me, I 2hred and watch it die before my 2hr was over. Popped my fanatics just as I went to Chi Blast to get it off BRD. Needless to say, The 3 SAMs did use their fanatics and ran in just to WS it a few times, but I did the bulk of the damage.

Dynamis: Don't look at spike numbers. MNK does alot of dmg to mobs though. It is a very stable job to use unless you need that extra spike to finish off a mob.

Sky: Can help some with farming. On the god fights themselves though, its still pretty decent, but there are better jobs for it. Of course, MNK is one of the jobs that can solo Genbu with a Chi Blast set.

Salvage: All I'm gonna say is... duh?

Limbus: I can't comment on this because I haven't had the chance to go MNK to limbus.

Sea: MNK good for tanking some of the jailers and is the preferred tank for Faith.
 Bismarck.Maxse
Server: Bismarck
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2010-02-05 09:07:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Double march and hundred firsts = ;/

Double minuet woulda been much smexier being as though march wasnt doing anything at all.
 Bahamut.Ukiyasan
Server: Bahamut
user: Ukiyasan
By Bahamut.Ukiyasan 2010-02-05 09:31:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I know... but he didn't expect me to Hundred Fists.