FF14 Galka/Roegadyn Magic Type???

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXIV » General » FF14 Galka/Roegadyn Magic type???
FF14 Galka/Roegadyn Magic type???
 Carbuncle.Rebwolf
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Rebwolf
By Carbuncle.Rebwolf 2010-01-10 19:35:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm kinda confused about FF14's Galka/Roegadyn race. In the second page of the info on them it says.

"Far away, deep in the mountains of Ul'dah, live mountain clans of reclusive Roegadyn known as the Hellsgaurd, said to have mastered the MAGICAL ARTS."

It seems to me that the new galka race, Roegadyn, could be of high INT or MND maybe? I'm not sure what to think... I want to hear everyone's thoughts. I liked being a galka pld/mnk in ff11, and I hope I can continue to look forward to high HP, STR, and Vit.

The link to the article can be found here... http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/
 Carbuncle.Sterling
user: Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2010-01-10 19:44:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Galka do have the second highest MND in XI, maybe they're just trying to make them more appealing by adding an INT boost. Galka have always been the odd man out when it comes to race selection but I sure wouldn't mind seeing more around.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2010-01-10 20:02:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Despite being elf and having all the perks of it, I wouldn't mind seeing the galaks finally getting the highest STR the way their appearance kind of implies they would. If they decide to go the route of giving them magical-based stats that'd be interesting too, but I can't really see how they'd explain the appearances at that point.
 Kujata.Erim
Server: Kujata
user: Erim
By Kujata.Erim 2010-01-10 20:04:58
Link | Quote | Reply

They've said that races are more a cosmetic choice this time around. That could mean that races don't have base stats, or they could but they're just much closer together than before. Since you won't be leveling up like you would in FFXI, I'm not sure how your base stats will look or work.
 Carbuncle.Sterling
user: Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2010-01-10 21:50:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe you'll be able to make scrawny Galkas with the new sliders. Creepy! :P
 Alexander.Zayo
Server: Alexander
user: Zayo
By Alexander.Zayo 2010-01-10 22:38:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Galka with INT is like a Taru with STR lol
 Lakshmi.Drekien
Server: Lakshmi
user: Drekien
By Lakshmi.Drekien 2010-01-10 23:03:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Zayo said:
Galka with INT is like a Taru with VIT lol
-fixed >.>
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2010-01-10 23:49:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sterling said:
Maybe you'll be able to make scrawny Galkas with the new sliders. Creepy! :P
With huuuuge butts and wide hips, if the character creator screens are any indication. lol
By Ashitaka 2010-01-10 23:55:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Either way I'll be a galka regardless of stats. They've always been so unique to me and for that I'll be the lb gorilla looming about.
 Odin.Ahligieri
Server: Odin
user: jaeganja
By Odin.Ahligieri 2010-01-11 00:45:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Caiyuo said:
Despite being elf and having all the perks of it, I wouldn't mind seeing the galaks finally getting the highest STR the way their appearance kind of implies they would. If they decide to go the route of giving them magical-based stats that'd be interesting too, but I can't really see how they'd explain the appearances at that point.

Nuuuuu. I'd hate to be a big ugly Galka so I could have the highest STR :( but I think they said the stats are going to be pretty much the same.

I'd chose a male mithra in a heartbeat if they added that, though, regardless of stats.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
Server: Bahamut
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-01-11 02:00:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Lets see an end to the LOLGALKA mp pool ya?
 Carbuncle.Rebwolf
user: Rebwolf
By Carbuncle.Rebwolf 2010-01-11 02:20:46
Link | Quote | Reply

The mp pool of a galka is pathetic. At 75 a pld/war without gear doesn't even have enough mp to do the lvl 50 spell... raise.
 Asura.Artemicion
Server: Asura
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-01-11 03:32:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Racial differences even at level 75 were quite dramatic in FFXI. They weren't game breaking but certainly significant enough to be a great determining factor of what job/race combo to go with.

However, for the sake of appealing to a wider (not to mention newer) audience, it wouldn't surprise me if SE softened up the edges and made racial differences mostly cosmetic more so than stats. Also it will be interesting to see each race have a much more detailed background story and history behind them and how it comes to light within the game and gameplay.
 Kujata.Erim
Server: Kujata
user: Erim
By Kujata.Erim 2010-01-11 09:38:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Since SE plans to make the racial choices more cosmetic this time, it makes me wonder how base stats work in a game with no experience levels.

Maybe your job simply decides your attributes... or maybe the armor you wear. That beta needs to hurry the hell up so people can break the NDA and tell us. lol

┐(´∀`)┌