Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Birdbanes + BCNM
Birdbanes + BCNM
 Bahamut.Shadowskull
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Shadow273
By Bahamut.Shadowskull 2010-01-04 10:55:00
Link | Quote | Reply

finally got my birdbanes and have lots of seals so i thought about doing bcnms, where drg were favourite job through there piercing dmg.
with birdbanes we can deal piercing dmg too, so are there any bcnms we can try with mnk? like royal jelly or the pcc one?

thx for answer
 Leviathan.Cymmina
Server: Leviathan
user: Cymmina
By Leviathan.Cymmina 2010-01-04 11:04:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless the hidden piercing mod remains active when worn below Lv54, then no. But since you have a pair already, why don't you go test it?
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
Server: Ramuh
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2010-01-04 11:10:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't forget that your weaponskills will still be blunt damage.

Try a fight and let me know how well it works. I have a whm and mnk that could do some fights with my DRG.
 Bahamut.Ukiyasan
Server: Bahamut
user: Ukiyasan
By Bahamut.Ukiyasan 2010-01-04 13:41:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, if I'm not mistaken, that hidden effect of being piercing is only active at lvl 54 and above. Therefore, I can't think of any BCNMs where Birdsbane would be viable; however, Birdsbane is somewhat viable on the Puk ISNM300 if I'm not mistaken.

I haven't done any tests on this though. The best thing for you to do is probably ask Vegetto. He probably has done quite a bit of testing with Birdbanes and could give you a much better answer then I could.
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
Server: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-01-04 15:43:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Used these the other day in a e ronfaure colibri pt and I'm pretty sure the piercing is still active. Didn't do extensive testing or anything but the dmg was noticeably higher than a lvl appropriate weapon.
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-01-04 16:11:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Celery can also be done with Birdbanes if you choose Punctured Percy.