Denali Bonnet Vs. Walahra Turban (for DD)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Denali Bonnet vs. Walahra Turban (for DD)
Denali Bonnet vs. Walahra Turban (for DD)
 Fenrir.Dascorp
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: dascorp
By Fenrir.Dascorp 2010-01-11 21:30:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Fenrir.Dascorp said:
most likely that mnk is full time mage, I dont see a rajas ring do you and he has Zilart/CoP done.

Also stop tping in freaking ethereal earring, leave it for nin/drk or pld tanking.... Hollow earring ftw
He has rajas

need more dusk gloves/life belt/swift belt

i want to stab people who tp in warwolf belt
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
Server: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-11 21:31:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
I have lolearings, 2 corals atm... without sea access (finally got a static wooooooo) I don't think I can really do much better.

Man I've got lots to do when I get Sea...

I'm finally about to get kitty pants which is a bonus, Rajas ring isn't far off (still undecided about Lava's and Kusha's)

After that (seeing as I'm not going for salvage) the BB is the only item I really need desperately.

And that was completely off topic.
Diabolos'/active minuet earrings when acc uncapped.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-01-11 21:36:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
I have lolearings, 2 corals atm... without sea access (finally got a static wooooooo) I don't think I can really do much better.

I'm finally about to get kitty pants which is a bonus, Rajas ring isn't far off (still undecided about Lava's and Kusha's)

After that (seeing as I'm not going for salvage) the BB is the only item I really need desperately.

How would I know if my acc is uncapped? I mean obviously If I can't hit a mob then yeah, but generally is there a way to tell? I've got full h2h merits, and I would imagine when focus is up then acc is capped?
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-11 21:37:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

How would I know if my acc is uncapped? I mean obviously If I can't hit a mob then yeah, but generally is there a way to tell? I've got full h2h merits, and I would imagine when focus is up then acc is capped?
Well if you're not parsing, it's hard to tell, but if you're not using crab sushi on colibri, then your acc isn't capped when focus is down. Mine isn't capped focus down on Colibri. Mamools should be fine w/ pizza, but most likely uncapped on nin and thf ones.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
Server: Bahamut
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2010-01-11 21:38:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

http://ffxicalculator.com/

Or If you PC

http://code.google.com/p/kparser/ Will do the trick.
 Fairy.Azulmagia
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2010-01-11 21:38:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Dascorp said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Fenrir.Dascorp said:
most likely that mnk is full time mage, I dont see a rajas ring do you and he has Zilart/CoP done.

Also stop tping in freaking ethereal earring, leave it for nin/drk or pld tanking.... Hollow earring ftw
He has rajas

need more dusk gloves/life belt/swift belt

i want to stab people who tp in warwolf belt

Can I confiscate those haidate? My BST needs a TP/rampage piece...
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-01-11 21:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Well if you're not parsing, it's hard to tell, but if you're not using crab sushi on colibri, then your acc isn't capped when focus is down. Mine isn't capped focus down on Colibri. Mamools should be fine w/ pizza, but most likely uncapped on nin and thf ones.

Fair enough. I'm pretty much eating pizza+1 in mamool parties, and sushi when on colibri.

Time to invest in a minuet earing I guess then D:
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-01-11 21:43:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Rumaha said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Or If you PC

http://code.google.com/p/kparser/ Will do the trick.

Thank you, that'll do nicely :D
 Bahamut.Rumaha
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2010-01-11 21:45:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Is such a neat and useful tool, so many features it's nice.
 Pandemonium.Vincentius
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Vincentius 2010-01-11 21:59:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree, FFXI Calc is great. I've been able to answer a lot of my own questions using it.

Too bad I'm not the math whiz our resident black kid is.
 Lakshmi.Wardens
Server: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2010-01-11 22:14:29
Link | Quote | Reply

So I know between Denali head and Walahra turban. it's turban > denali

Is the walahra turban also to be used instead of the Askar head? So is 1% haste (for me I'm at 19% haste if i use askar) better than +4 STR DEX and VIT?
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-11 22:18:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends on which job we're talking about and which buffs. Proper buffs, (double march if you have brd) + haste + hasso, turban wins easily for sam. Closer call w/ war and drg since they do get some of their damage from DoT, but with sam, only 30% of their total dmg comes from DoT, 70% comes from WS, so boosting DoT (the str) has much less effect. Then you have the 1% haste vs 1.5% hitrate, which if you're properly buffed, turban wins. If your buffs are lacking AND your acc is uncapped, then askar can win.

If your acc is 85% for example though, you'd be better off eating pizza to begin with, then you'd be capped again, use turban ect.
 Lakshmi.Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2010-01-11 22:21:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh and I'm talking about for SAM. mostly /DNC and /NIN self buffed. Perhaps with food (usually sushi and mithkabob depending on what I'm fighting). I'm 8/8 GK, but I'm not sure how close I am to cap not using sushi. It sounds like it's a close call. But when fully buffed with BRD I should stick with the turban.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-11 22:23:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Any situation your acc is capped, turban wins for damage. You may have other concerns for solo, like how much dmg you take. Askar would prolly be better here, but any time you actually want to output the most dmg you can, have high haste, or your acc is capped, turban is the way to go.
 Lakshmi.Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2010-01-11 22:24:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, I will take that into consideration vegetto. thank you.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Server: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2010-01-11 22:48:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Good time to use askar over turban would be when your using futsuno and ur /drg so with askar,w earring,dusk+1,vbelt,byakko,usu feet you have both a 5 hit build and 26% haste.

In this situation askar would destroy turban. If you happen to be one of the gimps not in this situation continue to use your lolturban.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-11 22:55:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Good time to use askar over turban would be when your using futsuno and ur /drg so with askar,w earring,dusk+1,vbelt,byakko,usu feet you have both a 5 hit build and 26% haste.

In this situation askar would destroy turban. If you happen to be one of the gimps not in this situation continue to use your lolturban.

Or you could just use your ace's?

Askar still sucks here.

In before you tell me that someone w/ Vbelt, Futsuno, and dusk+1 won't have an ace's helm.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2010-01-11 23:00:17
Link | Quote | Reply

4 Dex > 7 Acc when Acc is capped.

With Pizza available and the Acc bonus from /drg, anything less than capped Acc would be a shame.

Macro in Ace's when your under a blind effect or a mob has a significant evasion boost that your lolrdm / lolbrd / lolcor hasn't removed yet.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-11 23:01:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Frobeus said:
4 Dex > 7 Acc when Acc is capped.

With Pizza available and the Acc bonus from /drg, anything less than capped Acc would be a shame.

Macro in Ace's when your under a blind effect or a mob has a significant evasion boost that your lolrdm / lolbrd / lolcor hasn't removed yet.
or you swap acc out of another slot and get something more beneficial than 4 dex. Give up while you're ahead.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-01-11 23:05:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Only scrubs TP in the turban, O hat all the way.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-01-11 23:06:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:

I thought that fad died years ago O.o
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-01-11 23:07:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

I thought that fad died years ago O.o

Just as a little sidenote, I hate people that call others scrubs.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2010-01-11 23:14:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll bite.

Futsuno / pole / --- / b tath

Askar / Justice / w ear / brutal

usu / dusk +1 / thunder / rajas

cerb +1 / v belt / byakko / usu

409/410 Acc assuming 8/8 gkt merits and counting unmerited sam base dex.

Caps acc on birds w/o food due to the /drg bonus, anything requiring more acc should be using pizza no?

Considering the above set where would you remove acc to make use of ace's?

(I forget the dex level needed to hit crit tier on birds, so I don't know if you need thunder in r1 or not, but even w/o it you would still maintain capped acc on birds.)

This is w/o hasso also.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-11 23:17:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Remove askar, swap to turban
Remove w earring, swap to /war
remove usu shoes, swap to fuma

The gains from /war is going to beat 2 and a decimal number of haste.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2010-01-11 23:22:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Well duh, I was just pointing out the only reason to use askar over turban. Obviously extremely rare and not very realistic. I was actually agreeing with you in a round about *** sort of way.

Also, I thought way back when, Ruke showed that /drg would out perform /war in merit situations under optimal conditions but things may have changed since then.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-11 23:22:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Frobeus said:
Well duh, I was just pointing out the only reason to use askar over turban.

Also, I thought way back when, Ruke showed that /drg would out perform /war in merit situations under optimal conditions but things may have changed since then.
Yes, when you can benefit from all 5 points of haste, not when you benefit from less than half of that value.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2010-01-11 23:32:27
Link | Quote | Reply

In what way would you gear a sam/drg other than hitting 26% haste?
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-01-11 23:34:18
Link | Quote | Reply

He means where the difference between the subs is a full 5% :p
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-11 23:38:50
Link | Quote | Reply

What he said
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2010-01-11 23:39:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah.

Just arguing for arguing sake,

Ruke showed that /drg would win in optimum conditions and we all know that at the time his sam/drg would not have had the full 5% advantage over his sam/war.

Unless of course he was using ace's/usu feet with /war and only had 21% haste, in which case I lose.