First Page 2
 Fairy.Deliverance
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
By Fairy.Deliverance 2009-11-20 09:22:20
Link | Quote | Reply

0/11 on Nue
0/4 Dodo

And I can't get the Marbolger's ToD around when I'm not asleep/working.

It's definately a venture.

I've bought a brown belt for now in the mean time, to atleast use.

Is it worth considering the KS30s for the drops? is it a 50% drop or something for these items? [Some are KS30s, one is a BCNM50 (for the nue fang)].

Also is there any other NMs I should look into camping for MNK?

I already have my Birdbanes...and from previous posts, I have my Ochi. Kotes, Sarutobi Kyahan, Optical hat.

I've been looking into Bandomusha Kote... getting my Destroyers. Etc.

Anything else you could think of that would be worth venturing into.

68MNK/34DNC right now.
 Fairy.Vegetto
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-20 09:25:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Not worth wasting seals on. Morbolger is a 100% drop. Leave your game on and get ToD when you're asleep. You get me ToD and I'll get the drop for you just afk in my party (for a fee of course lol) and wake up w/ the vine. ToD is up to you though.
 Fairy.Deliverance
By Fairy.Deliverance 2009-11-20 09:28:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes I can get the ToD it's just usually when I'm at work/sleeping because I have to work.
 Midgardsormr.Spungy
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Spungy
By Midgardsormr.Spungy 2009-11-20 09:30:04
Link | Quote | Reply

It is worth the seals if you have a couple SMN friends. In getting a Morbolger Vine for a friend I got a Cassie Earring. We have got about 3 vines in 10 runs.

I feel you on Nue though. I went 1/12.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-11-20 09:37:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Also is there any other NMs I should look into camping for MNK?

I'm not sure where you stand on HNM (shells or camping in general), but you could look into getting Black Belt items for when you hit 70/71, whatever level the quest is (I'm no MNK, so I've not really looked into it).

It requires a 'rare' drop from the 3 Land kings, King Behemoth / Behemoth, Nidhogg / Fafnir and Aspidechlone / Adamantoise. (The HQ ones (King/Nid/Aspi) all drop the item 100% but are harder to kill).

Alternatively, if you have the gil for them, some Endgame shells will sell you the lotting rights to the 3 items (my friend bought all 3 for around 4.2M a while back).

Either way, good luck ^^
 Bahamut.Ukiyasan
Server: Bahamut
user: Ukiyasan
By Bahamut.Ukiyasan 2009-11-20 10:09:26
Link | Quote | Reply

One slight problem with your suggestion Hitetsu....

You need to trade in your Brown belt as well to get the Black Belt.
 Garuda.Feifongwong
Server: Garuda
By Garuda.Feifongwong 2009-11-20 10:27:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ukiyasan said:
One slight problem with your suggestion Hitetsu....

You need to trade in your Brown belt as well to get the Black Belt.

True, however there is no reason why he can't start thinking about collecting the items before hand. That way when he does get the black belt quest he might already have some of the needed items.
 Bahamut.Ukiyasan
By Bahamut.Ukiyasan 2009-11-20 10:35:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Feifongwong said:
Bahamut.Ukiyasan said:
One slight problem with your suggestion Hitetsu.... You need to trade in your Brown belt as well to get the Black Belt.
True, however there is no reason why he can't start thinking about collecting the items before hand. That way when he does get the black belt quest he might already have some of the needed items.
I don't disagree with that... but if you read Hitetsu's post, he acts as if that should be done IN PLACE of getting Brown Belt.
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-11-20 10:38:28
Link | Quote | Reply

If you read Hitetsu's post you will see he was just talking about other NMs for MNK to hunt for gear. He wasn't saying you should forget about Brown and just go for Black.
 Bahamut.Ukiyasan
By Bahamut.Ukiyasan 2009-11-20 10:47:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Excesspain said:
If you read Hitetsu's post you will see he was just talking about other NMs for MNK to hunt for gear. He wasn't saying you should forget about Brown and just go for Black.
I'm not even gonna start trying to argue the way I'm seeing things. IF I did, I would be here forever because I look at things from a different point of view then many others do.

As for additional gear to get Deliverance, if you can get Relic hands, they aren't too bad. They give +atk like O.kote and B.kote, but don't have the evasion down, so (and this is just my opinion) they can be a good TPing piece when soloing. Fuma are a good replacement for the Kyahan and are cheaper if you don't have the ra/ex version of Kyahan (I'm too lazy to look at the one you posted in OP atm). Body, you are gonna wanna try Shura Togi or ACP body with ATK/ACC augments on it (ACP > Shura; however, Shura+1>ACP). The rest, its just the obvious gear. Also, remember, its your character... gear how you want... these are just some suggestions.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-11-20 11:10:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ukiyasan said:
Garuda.Feifongwong said:
Bahamut.Ukiyasan said:
One slight problem with your suggestion Hitetsu.... You need to trade in your Brown belt as well to get the Black Belt.
I don't disagree with that... but if you read Hitetsu's post, he acts as if that should be done IN PLACE of getting Brown Belt.

At no point did I mention NOT getting Brown Belt. If you read the first post, he mentions he already HAS a Brown Belt and also asked about other gear. I mentioned to look into getting Black Belt. I have no idea how someone can think I meant to not bother with a Brown Belt..
[+]
 Valefor.Mithano
Server: Valefor
user: mithano
By Valefor.Mithano 2009-11-21 21:02:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Hang in there. You're about on par with what most people do to get the belt (hence the AH cost). You're not doing anything wrong, just takes time.

I would not use the seals on the ks30 - not only will you need KS for destroyers, but you'll want them for the ks99 runs to get black belt items when you get to that point, unless you join an endgame shell that does the land kings.

But one bright point is that if you do make it to black belt territory, you have to have done the brown belt quest anyway - buying it on AH won't count :)

As far as bando kote goes, I would recommend them - it's a relatively fun NM, and has a good rate on the drop, you can entice people in with a chance at P. Harpe. I'd say you have the rest of the common items, look at finishing for CoP/ToAU rings.
 Fairy.Brenda
user: Jornna
By Fairy.Brenda 2009-11-21 22:29:20
Link | Quote | Reply

If I ever get my ring to drop I can come and put TH4 on Nue and Dodo for you.
 Fairy.Deliverance
By Fairy.Deliverance 2009-11-21 22:36:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for all your suggestions.

I bought the belt, due to not wanting to MNK without it.

But.

I want to get the items.

This is ridiculous.

The drop rate.

0/16 on Nue now...
 Seraph.Gilhaven
Server: Seraph
user: Gilhaven
By Seraph.Gilhaven 2009-11-21 22:49:54
Link | Quote | Reply

6 years ago my first character I sat down and began playing was mnk...From experience I can pass along this....Monk is all about patience...from getting nm drops for belts to waiting for xp/merit pty's. Hang in there..its a fun job.
 Fairy.Deliverance
By Fairy.Deliverance 2009-11-21 22:51:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I will hang in there.
Server: Remora
By Remora.Blackwhirlwind 2009-11-23 03:35:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I had the same trouble until i changed one thing up lol on dodo and nue, i went sub thf and they dropped on first kill, the marlboro was cake i just stayed there idle for 21hrs.

1/0 Marbolger
1/1 Nue
1/10 Dodo
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2009-11-23 03:55:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Little late chiming in on this, but if you know some SMNs I am sure they will gladly let you have the vine from Contaminated Colosseum. I've done this BC a lot, and while it doesn't always drop the chances are fair. I'm sure as long as they don't need it they will let you have it. Only thing it's good for, if the quest is done, is NPCing for 1500g.
If you can't or don't want to camp the NM this is a viable alternative in my opinion. Some jobs can actually solo this BC is they're good enough, but 3 smns is the best and safest way.
Dodo and Nue; just gotta hang in there. ;;
 Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Kunimitsu
By Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu 2009-11-24 11:02:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I got lucky in never having to camp nue. Was waiting outside the tower on thf, helping a friend with cop missions, nue popped, 1/1. I didnt even know what it was at the time. lol. Got lucky with dodo too. ran down to camp, someone was fighting but dc'd midway, 1/1 again :).

Destroyers though, no such luck..0/60 billion atm >< lol
 Carbuncle.Qeldroma
Server: Carbuncle
user: Qeldroma
By Carbuncle.Qeldroma 2009-11-24 11:42:23
Link | Quote | Reply

1. /THF
2. Get drop.
3. ???
4. Profit!

Honestly though treasure hunter really does help despite what anyone may say. I personally think contaminated colosseum is a waste of kindred seals (considering there are ks30's that drop o ingot 100% of the time and will give you a shot at destroyers. see royal ramble.)especially considering that several of these good people have offered to give you a hand with morbolger. Even with just TH1, I think I only went 1/3 on Nue and was 1/2 on Dodo. Now that you've bought it, you have the added incentive of getting a few hundred K back when you've completed the quest. Also the fact that you've already taken it upon yourself to get the r/e o kote and sarutobi kyahan is a sign that you are showing good initiative.
 Fairy.Mayeh
user: Mayeh
By Fairy.Mayeh 2009-11-24 12:04:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Just to throw fuel on the fire. Remember that you need to quest a Brown Belt if you want to get a Black Belt. This is the most ridiculous quest line imo.

Stage One
Kill two NMs for a level 18 belt
* The Lumbering Horn drops from Lumbering Lambert (level 27-28) or Bloodtear Baldurf (level 55-56) in La Theine Plateau.
* The Rampaging Horn drops from Rampaging Ram (level 27-28) or Steelfleece Baldarich (level 55-56) in Konschtat Highlands.

Stage Two
Kill Three NMs
One with a huge spawn area, one with a horrible drop rate and one with a 21-24 hour spawn.

Stage Three
Kill Three HNMs

Fortunately I got my Black Belt items from KS99 runs, first with an old sky shell, second from a EGLS that let me have it when it dropped during one of their runs (someone told me they were doing Wyrms and they let me lot it while sitting at Balga's Dias, and the third my Social LS got together for a "Have pity on the monk who needs the last item for a black belt" event.
 Kujata.Kenada
Server: Kujata
user: Kenada
By Kujata.Kenada 2009-12-07 12:51:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I have to be the luckiest damn person. I did this quest couple of days ago and finished the quest in 1 day. I originally bought a belt from the AH because it just seemed kind of ridiculous to do all that stuff SE wants us MONKS to do to get it.

I lent out the belt i bought from the AH and it got lost while I was inactive from the game for a year and a half. I really wanted to get back to be being a monk so i just did the quest.

Nue was the easiest to get while Dodo took forever to pop. Morbolger was just annoying and I didn't have ToD so I just kept logging in and out of the game every 30 mins to an hour until i saw him.

I hope every body gets the luck I had. I'm not looking forward to the black belt.
 Fairy.Mayeh
user: Mayeh
By Fairy.Mayeh 2009-12-08 14:57:54
Link | Quote | Reply

When you get the Molbolger drop, do the other Monks a favour and tell them the ToD. Not hating on other people who want to sell the belt, but every Monk will have to complete this quest if they want the Black Belt.
 Midgardsormr.Tutone
Server: Midgardsormr
user: TuTone
By Midgardsormr.Tutone 2009-12-08 15:26:38
Link | Quote | Reply

one day I was on my way to try and get one of those never dropping accuracy rings in the zone, as I was going for some reason, I just decided to fight something to kill time, I started casting on a Mob, I'm fighting it, and I noticed a bunch of players are surronding me, I check the mob....yeah it was Molbolger...it dropped and I got slapped by at least 5 people...it prompted me to do the brown belt quest and sell it. Now that I read this, I feel bad as ***, and it might be time SE steps up, and changes this pop time.

Sorry you are struggling but hang in there bro, it just gives a bigger completed feeling when you do get it done.

Ragnarok.Inga
Server: Ragnarok
user: Inga
By Ragnarok.Inga 2009-12-08 19:04:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I was lucky,
1/1 on Dodo (TH4 assistance)

1/1 Vine, was going to sleep, saying goodnight to my LS in the zone when he pop'd and I was the only one in there, was the night before maint as well lol.

1/1 Fang couldn't get him to pop and a bunch of JPs showed up, so I went to bed in the tower, woke up cause I had a funny feeling, checked the game he was right outside the tower, killed him, got the tooth.

always hang onto thos funny feelings, they pay off in the end.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-12-08 19:14:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Christ, I'm gonna have to go through the BB Blues eventually.
 Valefor.Neokenesis
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Neokenesis 2009-12-09 02:43:59
Link | Quote | Reply

If your having a difficult time getting Molbolger ToD now is a good time with all the server rests. Im not sure the rule with Molbolger but if it is anything like faffy/behe then the ToD resets too. so if u log yourself out in the caves just b4 servers shutdown then log straight bk in after maintenance is complete wait 0-3hrs then you should have ur vine (thats is you dont get outclaimed).

As for Blackbelt I recommend lvling BLM and join in on a HNMls. If it is any good you may be able to get a range of things, ixions cape, BB items, Black tathlum, Heralds gaiters, ect... just have to be patient with the game and with the whole HNMls attitude. Sometimes it can get abit stressful but if you stick to it you will oneday get your BB and some valuable player skills.

Good luck

Neo
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [31 days between previous and next post]
By Beouvle 2010-01-08 18:03:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I got a fun little story on BB..

I was 1/1 on Dodo, got that years ago when I was making meat mithkabobs...

Recently I was 0/7 on Nue subbing /thf and farming tiger fangs while waiting. I had literally no competition.. than two people come in..

Turns out I knew one of them (Hi Xiohara) from a PT and they were here for Nue of course.. and they had just killed Morborgler too! (so Xio was nice enough to give me TOD).

Well, being outnumbered, they got the next claim and drop! 1/1. I'm a little jealous but oh well..

I stay and get Nue again.. than I hit my windows key on my computer.. and d/c! "FFXI lost full-screen mode"..

GAH!

Once I log back on Nue is gone, of course, so I go on camping and /tell a friend all about my recent bad luck. Than I see Nue again.. so I grab him uncontested and take a gander at my inventory to see how close to being full I am...

What do you know, there's a Nue fang in my inventory! I killed Nue and got the drop when I was D/Cing....

And never knew....

I'm now waiting for TOD to come around on morborgler, so hopefully i'll finish this up soon.. (Part of TOD is when i'm at work... gah! again!). I'll list a kill time... if i'm lucky enough to get it...
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-01-08 18:10:49
Link | Quote | Reply

lol so basically you got mad at yourself without even knowing it was you that killed nue.

What a self-kick in the nuts XD
 Fairy.Vytiss
user: Vytiss
By Fairy.Vytiss 2010-01-11 11:55:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Save your seals, you'll need them to assist with your Black Belt items.... someday.
First Page 2