Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Asuran Fists Build
Asuran Fists Build
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-05-17 02:28:30
Link | Quote | Reply

is gorget > faith for asuran? (why or why not, if you can be assed)
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-05-17 09:09:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
With that line of commands I'm safe to assume you will click on the next macro before the 2 second wait is done unless you have windower scripts which don't phase from another macro cuz their scripts. I tried that way with 2 macros but I wanted it with only one macro but it didn't seem possible at all.

That's not safe to assume, it isn't accurate.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2010-05-17 10:38:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
is gorget > faith for asuran? (why or why not, if you can be assed)
Sea gorgets provide an accuracy bonus to all hits in a WS, which is why they are so great for multi-hit WS or any WS for that matter.

If I'm not mistaken, all gear with an accuracy bonus regardless of the spot (except Sea Gorgets in this situation) will only give the accuracy it has on the piece of gear to the first hit only. So Faith Torque follows this same rule as well.

if i am reading this right that would make the following 7 hits on AFist VERY inaccurate, so im going to say you are mistaken :)

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-17 10:51:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Accuracy on all hits of the WS, fTP bonus on first.
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2010-05-17 10:55:45
Link | Quote | Reply

its a 66% chance to miss one hit out of 8 at a 95% hit rate, however 1 hit is still 95% chance and 2 hits is still 90% chance etc. point being if acc only affected ur first hit u would never reach that 66% chance.

In any case i would say AF is more accurate then others as missing 1 punch is far less of an impact then missing an entire gekko (which will be running a 66% chance to miss after 8 times to some extent)
 Sylph.Spency
Server: Sylph
user: Spencyono
By Sylph.Spency 2010-05-17 11:27:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty bored ~

Any suggestions for this Asuran Fists build? Focus /w Crown is up, full-timing pizza +1 for 95% accuracy ~

Edit - On birds

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Keion
user: bassplay
By Sylph.Keion 2010-05-17 12:01:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Shiva.Khimaira said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Where do you put then in your WS set or have a /wait 1 after ws set then /wait 1 again and another ws set with bando kote then WS? If that's what you do, I've tried that but with 2 seconds between boost and WS my MNK connects a hit before WS which defeated the purpose of the whole thing lol. I wasn't able to make it happen with 1 second between boost and WS though, it just skipped over the switch of gloves and didn't equip properly for me.
Macro 1 /equip Hands Temple Gloves /ja Boost me /wait 2 /equip Hands Ochimusha Kote Macro 2 /equip Gear for Asuran Fists /ws Asuran Fists Macro 3 /equip TP Gear Was lasy, didnt use "
Pretty much this, but wait 1 worked for me
If you use the "/macro set" and "/macro page" commands, in the macro you don't need to worry about timing. You just keep hitting the macro and watching the page. It will not end up on your tp macro until the others ones are finished. Plus this lets you use a lot of macros (if your not using a windower) for a specific action. I use 7 seperate macros for my asuran. This I believe works the best without a windower.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-17 12:06:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Gorget and faith torque are situational.

That being said, I'd use gorget if my acc was uncapped and justice torque if my acc was capped. 5 str > 7 attack when the accuracy isn't needed.

In the rare chance that your acc is capped w/ capped w/ gorget, capped w/ faith torque, but not capped w/ justice torque (you'd have to be less than 7 acc over the cap for this situation. Then it's situational between faith torque and ws gorget based on your attack. Gorget will give 1.25% dmg increase to an 8hit asuran. So it depends on your attack vs enemy defense weather or not the 7 attack will amount to 1.25%. (but it should most of the time unless you're approaching cap)

keep in mind though, if you land 7 hits instead of 7, gorget is 1.43% increase. If you only land 6 1.67% increase, ect. w/ capped acc, should be uncommon to miss more than three, so I'd give a rough guestimate of gorget's dmg increase to be 1.25-1.67% increase. Somewhere in the middle of that range, on average
 Phoenix.Airbag
Server: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-05-17 12:21:38
Link | Quote | Reply

typo more tiger
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2010-05-17 12:50:33
Link | Quote | Reply

faith should also win if it pushes ur base dmg up by one i would assume. It does for me so i use faith torque in all cases.
 Fairy.Basilo
Server: Fairy
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-05-17 13:19:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Having ws gear equipped immediately after boost macro isnt always best imo...

Seperating it is good if youre stacked with march and haste and youre trying to time your boost so it doesnt go off before you ws. You have to like start pressing the boost macro at 89% tp and pray 2 hits land, if they dont and u got 95% 1 hit say boost gets wasted but at least u havent swapped into asuran fist gear.

Anyway how I do my macros for xbox 6 line restriction is :

CTRL 4 Name : Boost

/equip hands "tpl. gloves +1"
/ja "boost" <me>
/wait 1
/equip hands "bando kotes"

CTRL 5 Name : AF1

/equip neck "shadow gorget"
/equip hands bandos
/equip waist virtuoso
ring2 rajas
ring1 toreador
back cerb+1

So im not blinking on that macro.

CTRL 6 Name : AF2

/equip feet usukane
head anwig salade
body togi
ear1 merman
legs hachiryu
/ws asuran fists <t>.

But thats how id do it for xbox personally. As for dragon kick and asc fury I can swap ammo as I dont need brutal swapped so same ammount of macros.
By Virtuosus 2010-05-17 15:06:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
This is my Asuran Fists build:

It is one of the best I could come up with, but I change to Bandomusha Kote before Asuran Fists goes off also. Oh and I still need that Aesir Ear Pendent instead of the Bushinomimi as well lol, working on it soon!

What you've got going is great, Lava's/Kusha's to really be the best, and Fenrir's when the ATK+10 is active.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-17 15:14:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I would probably change the charger to a forager and use a Rajas. Needs som Tiger input
 Bahamut.Ukiyasan
Server: Bahamut
user: Ukiyasan
By Bahamut.Ukiyasan 2010-05-17 15:39:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
This is my Asuran Fists build: It is one of the best I could come up with, but I change to Bandomusha Kote before Asuran Fists goes off also. Oh and I still need that Aesir Ear Pendent instead of the Bushinomimi as well lol, working on it soon!
I like this build, the build I'm going for has the following changes though (Edit: other than the ones stated in quoted post)...
1. Usu legs over Shura+1
2. Forgers over Chargers
3. Anwig Salade with STR, atk, acc in the augments (making it for use with MNK and THF)
4. I personally would use Rajas over Toradors because making up acc in other places.
5. Merman's Earring over Ethereal Earring(Getting Hollow Earring over Ethereal Earring from Apoc. Nigh)
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-17 15:43:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Get yer byakkos yet uki?!
 Bahamut.Ukiyasan
By Bahamut.Ukiyasan 2010-05-17 16:09:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah... Have had them for a few months ^^
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-17 16:17:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn said:
faith should also win if it pushes ur base dmg up by one i would assume. It does for me so i use faith torque in all cases.
I do my math for merited mnks, lol. I wouldn't even play mnk w/o h2h merits.
 Fairy.Basilo
Server: Fairy
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-05-17 16:17:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ukiyasan said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
This is my Asuran Fists build: It is one of the best I could come up with, but I change to Bandomusha Kote before Asuran Fists goes off also. Oh and I still need that Aesir Ear Pendent instead of the Bushinomimi as well lol, working on it soon!
I like this build, the build I'm going for has the following changes though (Edit: other than the ones stated in quoted post)... 1. Usu legs over Shura 1 2. Forgers over Chargers 3. Anwig Salade with STR, atk, acc in the augments (making it for use with MNK and THF) 4. I personally would use Rajas over Toradors because making up acc in other places. 5. Merman's Earring over Ethereal Earring(Getting Hollow Earring over Ethereal Earring from Apoc. Nigh)

If youre gonna swap one ring for rajas make it the ulthalms ring and go rajas+toreador or rajas+strigoi or lava+kusha depending on acc u need. Fenrir earring 10attk is also nice earring to own for tp with brutal for asuran fist earring. Also as for hachiryu/usukane pants vs shura+1 depends on rest of gear of course and food generally without focus up on colibri I still use shura haidate+1 also for asuran fists over hachiryu even with 25ws acc on the anwig.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-17 16:18:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Airbag said:
typo more tiger
Where did I typo? read over it twice could not see any mistakes.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-17 16:21:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, charger only better than forager in the following situations

STR is capped
3 str does not give you 1 fstr (which is only 25% of the time).

If you don't know the mob's exact stats, and know for sure that you won't get an fstr up, the average of fstr up 75% of the time and no fstr up 25% of the time, still beats the extra attack on charger's mantle.

AKA it's a waste of coins.
 Bahamut.Ukiyasan
By Bahamut.Ukiyasan 2010-05-17 16:30:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Basilo said:
Bahamut.Ukiyasan said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
I like this build, the build I'm going for has the following changes though (Edit: other than the ones stated in quoted post)... 1. Usu legs over Shura 1 2. Forgers over Chargers 3. Anwig Salade with STR, atk, acc in the augments (making it for use with MNK and THF) 4. I personally would use Rajas over Toradors because making up acc in other places. 5. Merman's Earring over Ethereal Earring(Getting Hollow Earring over Ethereal Earring from Apoc. Nigh)
If youre gonna swap one ring for rajas make it the ulthalms ring and go rajas toreador or rajas strigoi or lava kusha depending on acc u need. Fenrir earring 10attk is also nice earring to own for tp with brutal for asuran fist earring. Also as for hachiryu/usukane pants vs shura 1 depends on rest of gear of course and food generally without focus up on colibri I still use shura haidate 1 also for asuran fists over hachiryu even with 25ws acc on the anwig.

See, I would use usukane because in most cases, with Pizza +1, acc is going to be capped. The other thing you must consider is this is WS only. I'm not saying my build is perfect... but the other part to all of this... if I could use Rajas & Ulthalam's because if I'm switching Usukane over Shura, then I should still have enough acc to cap and remove for 3 acc less than Torador & Rajas. Would be more atk and str with Rajas and Ulthalam.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-05-17 16:43:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ukiyasan said:
See, I would use usukane because in most cases, with Pizza 1, acc is going to be capped.

With pizza on birds yeah you'll be capped, kinda a waste using pizza there though.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-17 16:43:46
Link | Quote | Reply

You really have to monitor your acc though rather than just assume cap w/ pizza, otherwise, why use Ulthalam's? If removing that 4 acc doesn't put you under cap, flame ring is going to murder the ***out of it.

Post deleted by User.