Forum » FFXI » General » Prime ammo "stacking" strategy
Prime ammo "stacking" strategy
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-03-06 16:10:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure many of you have already tested this and figured it out, but haven't seen mention of it on the forums.

Though the ammo is rare, you can throw it away and keep up to 10 of them in the recycling bin, pulling them out as you use them. There are, of course, limited times where this would be useful since it requires you to stay in the same zone for a minute per bullet/arrow, and it's pretty annoying, but I'm sure there are some scenarios where you can build up extras during downtime or can keep the cooldown rolling by tossing extras.

Use this information however you want! Or not at all.
[+]
By K123 2024-03-06 17:27:49
Link | Quote | Reply

cool story bro
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-03-06 17:39:04
Link | Quote | Reply

K123 said: »
cool story bro

As ever, thanks for your contribution to the community.
[+]
By Nariont 2024-03-06 17:44:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Primarily a RNG thing to make use of due to having a high recycle rate but possibly doable in something like sortie. Just not sure its ever worth the hassle
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-03-06 18:19:44
Link | Quote | Reply

something a COR could do is in the lobby for Odyssey:Gaol, jump on RNG and drop several Bayeaux Bullets into their recycle bin, then jump on COR and enter the fight. It's not really zoning, so you could easily start the fight with 4-5 bullets.

...in all truth, the greatest aspect of these ammos is the -enmity...your damage on WSs using Chrono Arrows/Bullets is still going to be quite respectable.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-03-06 18:23:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
something a COR could do is in the lobby for Odyssey:Gaol, jump on RNG and drop several Bayeaux Bullets into their recycle bin, then jump on COR and enter the fight. It's not really zoning, so you could easily start the fight with 4-5 bullets.

Depending how sweaty you are, you could have your teammates random deal spam you and get a full 10 bullets in your recycle bin.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-03-06 18:29:04
Link | Quote | Reply

hehe i'm not that patient....its Scavenge>change SJ>repeat ad nauseum^^
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2024-03-07 05:15:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still not sure why they had to create a different model for the Prime ranged weapons, when they standardized everything with the R15 procedure through an useable item that gives you a stack of bullets.
I mean, why?
It makes especially no sense for the gun, since it's for COR too, to have to use "Scavenge" which is a RNG JA.
I mean wtf? How do they even came up with such an idea?

I must be missing something I guess.
[+]
By Nariont 2024-03-07 06:25:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a call back to unlimited shot ammo, except unlimited shot is a net loss now cause its locked to another better JA
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-03-07 06:27:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
I'm still not sure why they had to create a different model for the Prime ranged weapons, when they standardized everything with the R15 procedure through an useable item that gives you a stack of bullets.
I mean, why?
It makes especially no sense for the gun, since it's for COR too, to have to use "Scavenge" which is a RNG JA.
I mean wtf? How do they even came up with such an idea?

I must be missing something I guess.

So when is MNK getting a pet to use those pet stats on the Prime H2H? At least COR has a chance at being able to use it.

It turns out when we all got hyped over an adjustment to recycle and we thought it wasn't RNG/COR related, we were wrong. In fact, it was for them.
By drakefs 2024-03-07 06:40:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Iocus said: »
So when is MNK getting a pet to use those pet stats on the Prime H2H? At least COR has a chance at being able to use it.

Same way COR is expected to get Prime Ammo, through a subjob...

Seriously, that is one of the dumbest statements I have seen in a while. Are you trying to equate using a weapon that has unneeded stats for your main job to, literally, not being able to obtain ammo, for your main job, without subbing one specific job?

SE did it wrong, do not defend it.
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-03-07 06:54:59
Link | Quote | Reply

drakefs said: »
Phoenix.Iocus said: »

Same way COR is expected to get Prime Ammo, through a subjob...

Seriously, that is one of the dumbest statements I have seen in a while. Are you trying to equate using a weapon that has unneeded stats for your main job to, literally, not being able to obtain ammo, for your main job, without subbing one specific job?

SE did it wrong, do not defend it.

COR has been such an underutilized job for so long. Never super questionably OP. It would be a tragedy if they didn't get every possible benefit in every scenario to adjust it. /sarcasm

If you're a squirrelly COR in some setups, you can get the benefit of being able to stack your recycle bin with extra nuts. Otherwise you ONLY got an upgrade to your best physical shooting gun and Chrono Bullets are still amazing and plentiful.

I agree that it's poorly implemented, but at least it can be used in the weird wonky ways we learn to optimize in this game. Again unlike pet stats on non pet jobs.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2024-03-07 06:55:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I mean one thing is having stats not useful for your job.
Another thing is a "piece" of the weapon for your job being available only through a JA from another job.
A Bullet is a piece of the weapon, it's not a stat.

Prime weapons not following their designed model for all ranged weapons is a stupid thing to begin with, but even further binding that behind a JA that's only accessible to a specific job.

I mean... well whatever I digressed too much in this topic and I'm gonna stop here, I apologize for the misplaced rant.
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-03-07 07:25:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Yeah I mean one thing is having stats not useful for your job.
Another thing is a "piece" of the weapon for your job being available only through a JA from another job.
A Bullet is a piece of the weapon, it's not a stat.

Prime weapons not following their designed model for all ranged weapons is a stupid thing to begin with, but even further binding that behind a JA that's only accessible to a specific job.

I mean... well whatever I digressed too much in this topic and I'm gonna stop here, I apologize for the misplaced rant.

Nah man, you're good. It's better to talk about these things with people who actually want to talk about them.

It's wonky and it has a primary use which is to keep one for savage blade and then a secondary use which is as an actual bullet. Yeah scavenge is a weird choice, but it's still something that can be used ahead of an event as a benefit.
[+]