Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Materdark 2024-02-24 07:15:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Voidwatch Weaknesses

This is all I got

Anyone have procing sheet for ws

I need jobs and ws to trigger blue?

Blue: Quantity of drops +50% (150% max). (Affected by Cobalt Cell)
Red: Quality of drops +50% (150% max). (Affected by Rubicund Cell)

https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Voidwatch#Voidwatch_Weaknesses

Also what trust would you take for procing?

Thf/DNC that covers both jobs for Job Ability
By Beau 2024-02-24 07:26:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Wasting your time. there is a Voidwatch campaign every other month or so where lights are maxed in value, negating the need to proc anything (exception beguiling radiance, etc.). It's faster to farm gil to buy what you need than farm it directly.
 Asura.Materdark
By Asura.Materdark 2024-02-24 07:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Beau said: »
Wasting your time. there is a Voidwatch campaign every other month or so where lights are maxed in value, negating the need to proc anything (exception beguiling radiance, etc.). It's faster to farm gil to buy what you need than farm it directly.

Can you give me the source regarding this?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-02-24 07:31:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I answered this before but I don't remember the exactly answer, trusts are dogturds for procs. The best trust I think had 5 possible.

You don't need specifically ja's or ws's or magic, every category procs every color.

So I'd go blm and the trust doesn't matter. As long as you take one to tank and one to heal it.

Asura.Materdark said: »
Beau said: »

Can you give me the source regarding this?

It happens basically every other month, but not guaranteed. It just ended so the next one might start march 15thish. If not, then mid april.
 Asura.Materdark
By Asura.Materdark 2024-02-24 07:42:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
So I'd go blm and the trust doesn't matter. As long as you take one to tank and one to heal it.

So you would sacrifice Treasure Hunter and go BLM?
By Tarage 2024-02-24 07:50:51
Link | Quote | Reply

So you would sacrifice Treasure Hunter and go BLM?

TH has zero effect on drops. Please actually read the wiki, not skim over it.

Also blue stagger is pointless. Blue only adds more trash drop slots. There is only one slot for good items and it is there by default. Red is the only thing you need to cap.
 Asura.Materdark
By Asura.Materdark 2024-02-24 07:53:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Tarage said: »
TH has zero effect on drops. Please actually read the wiki, not skim over it.

Riftworn Pyxis

There are five lights that enhance the spoils from the Riftworn Pyxis. Their alignment values can be enhanced to produce the following benefits per cell (up to 3 max):

Yellow: Experience Points Gained +25% (75% max). (Affected by Xanthous Cell)
Green: Cruor Gained +25% (75% max). (Affected by Jade Cell)
White: Increases chances of Atmacite and Periapt obtainment.

The alignment values for the above can be enhanced via Cells, by triggering the monster’s weakness, Treasure Hunter and by possessing certain alignment-enhancing periapts.

TH has zero effect on drops

Where's the source for this?
By Tarage 2024-02-24 07:56:58
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Category:Voidwatch#Rewards

They mean the treasure hunter value for drops, not the job trait. I'll give you that one, it is confusingly worded. Treasure hunter has never worked on fights with a chest pop at the end.
By Tarage 2024-02-24 07:59:42
Link | Quote | Reply

On second reading, I guess it does? Leave it to SE to make it weird in this one instance. Regardless, this like is the important part:

Quote:
However, Treasure Hunter cannot make alignments exceed 300% for green/yellow or 500% for red/blue prior to periapt bonus alignment.

During the campaign, capping red with 3 cells caps it to 500 at the start of the fight. No one spamming voidwatch is bringing a thf, the mob dies too fast if you're using weakening items.
 Asura.Materdark
By Asura.Materdark 2024-02-24 08:02:26
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Category:Voidwatch#Rewards

They mean the treasure hunter value for drops, not the job trait. I'll give you that one, it is confusingly worded. Treasure hunter has never worked on fights with a chest pop at the end.

I think this question need to be asked in the SE forum.

Because I see alot of thf popping those NMs
By Tarage 2024-02-24 08:05:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bold of you to assume there is anyone left to answer such questions, let alone in English.

I don't feel like going into extensive detail with citations when it's laid out on the wiki. You don't need a thf during capped light campaigns. Last time I got like 3 pulse weapons and I was soloing on SMN.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-02-24 08:06:01
Link | Quote | Reply

You see a lot of THF because they're bots and thf bots are the most prolific bot.
By Tarage 2024-02-24 08:06:47
Link | Quote | Reply

You see a lot of THF because they're bots and thf bots are the most prolific bot.
Listen to the man, he knows his botting.
 Asura.Materdark
By Asura.Materdark 2024-02-24 08:10:09
Link | Quote | Reply

This Gives a 25% additive increase to one's blue spectral alignment.

https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Vivid_Periapt_of_Concentration

Same here
https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Dusky_Periapt_of_Concentration

Just looking at all the options thank you
By Tarage 2024-02-24 08:11:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Blue doesn't matter.
By Tarage 2024-02-24 08:13:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The chance of receiving rare or rare/ex items specific to the fight increases with the player's red spectral alignment at the end of the battle.
Only one of the rare or rare/ex drops can be obtained in each battle, and it will always load into the top slot in the riftworn pyxis.
Since I know you are immediately going to ask for a citation instead of reading and trusting people...
 Asura.Materdark
By Asura.Materdark 2024-02-24 08:13:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Blue doesn't matter.

... which one do i need to go for if i'm farming Riftcinder + Heavy Metal?

Quote:
 Asura.Materdark
By Asura.Materdark 2024-02-24 08:17:24
Link | Quote | Reply

trusting people...

I trust the source where its coming from. Maybe from SE own mouth lol.

I'm just taking your word for it as a grain of salt right now.
By Tarage 2024-02-24 08:18:15
Link | Quote | Reply

This is the third time I am going to try to explain. After that I give up.

You are GUARENTEED 4 SLOTS WITH 0 BLUE ALLIGNMENT. Of those four slots, ONLY THE FIRST SLOT CAN DROP GEAR/UPGRADE MATS. Raising blue only adds extra trash slots, up to 6. NONE OF THE ADDED SLOTS CAN DROP GOOD ITEMS.

Please, for the live of god, just accept that this is how it works. Voidwatch has been a solved system for a decade.
By Tarage 2024-02-24 08:19:00
Link | Quote | Reply

trusting people...

I trust the source where its coming from. Maybe from SE own mouth lol.

I'm just taking your word for it as a grain of salt right now.
Then read the damn wiki yourself because I give up.
 Asura.Materdark
By Asura.Materdark 2024-02-24 08:26:43
Link | Quote | Reply

This is the third time I am going to try to explain. After that I give up.

You are GUARENTEED 4 SLOTS WITH 0 BLUE ALLIGNMENT. Of those four slots, ONLY THE FIRST SLOT CAN DROP GEAR/UPGRADE MATS. Raising blue only adds extra trash slots, up to 6. NONE OF THE ADDED SLOTS CAN DROP GOOD ITEMS.

Please, for the live of god, just accept that this is how it works. Voidwatch has been a solved system for a decade.

Maybe I needed it in caps so I can read better, I think now I understand where you're coming from.

So its pointless to use the items then

Cobalt Cell
Rubicund Cell
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2024-02-24 17:26:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure why you needed to make two different threads for the same content. You could have just asked these questions in the other one you made.

To put this simply for you.
Dude.
Wait for a Voidwatch Campaign (SE releases its list of these every month).
Go to Aello/Uptala/Qilin.
Kill repeatedly.
Profit.

You won't need any cells!

Bring phase displacers. Note: They are cheaper if you have the key item from Rhapsodies. Before you fight, trade 1-3, or however many you feel you need to kill quickly.

Bring a lot of inventory space. Many folks don't like trash items, but many of these items sell very well to NPCs in home nations. So, even if you are unlucky with metals, at least you are making some gil.

And as for your Thief question, Voidwatch does have a treasure hunter mechanic that increases lights slightly by how much TH was in the fight, but this is pointless during a campaign when all lights are already capped.

And finally.
During a Voidwatch Campaign.
Go around and kill all the Voidwatch NMs to get their key items.
You get these key items simply by killing them, because White is already capped because of the campaign. This is why it is best to wait for the campaign.

You can do the Provenance fights any time for those key items, because the Voidwatch campaign sadly... does not affect those.
There is one Caturae in Provenance who gives a key item that increases your voidstone stock and recharge rate. Get this!
By SimonSes 2024-02-24 18:10:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Not sure why you needed to make two different threads for the same content. You could have just asked these questions in the other one you made.

To put this simply for you.
Dude.
Wait for a Voidwatch Campaign (SE releases its list of these every month).
Go to Aello/Uptala/Qilin.
Kill repeatedly.
Profit.

You won't need any cells!

Bring phase displacers. Note: They are cheaper if you have the key item from Rhapsodies. Before you fight, trade 1-3, or however many you feel you need to kill quickly.

Bring a lot of inventory space. Many folks don't like trash items, but many of these items sell very well to NPCs in home nations. So, even if you are unlucky with metals, at least you are making some gil.

And as for your Thief question, Voidwatch does have a treasure hunter mechanic that increases lights slightly by how much TH was in the fight, but this is pointless during a campaign when all lights are already capped.

And finally.
During a Voidwatch Campaign.
Go around and kill all the Voidwatch NMs to get their key items.
You get these key items simply by killing them, because Red is already capped because of the campaign. This is why it is best to wait for the campaign.

You can do the Provenance fights any time for those key items, because the Voidwatch campaign sadly... does not affect those.
There is one Caturae in Provenance who gives a key item that increases your voidstone stock and recharge rate. Get this!

It doesn't really matter for heavy metal pouches, but lights are only capped from proc system during campaign. TH and items still work to increase blue, red, green and yellow. Also KI during campaign are easy to get because white light is capped, not because red light is capped.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2024-02-24 18:14:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, that's what I meant, lol. It has been a long day. The guy does not need the absolute details, he only needs the basics. Adding more cells during a campaign isn't really helping, and neither is bringing Thief. Wait for campaign. Kill stuff. Profit.