Forum » FFXI » General » Dynamis D farm
Dynamis D farm
 Bahamut.Xeones
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Xeones
By Bahamut.Xeones 2024-02-23 20:37:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking to farm some items for upgrading necks/weapons, but i play at such odd times due to work/kids that i'm gonna be soloing/multiboxing.

So, looking for the answers to a few questions

1. I have 4 accounts, one is a dedicated WHM, second is a brd, 3rd is a cor or geo, My 4th/ main is cor, rdm, drk, or sam. I'm trying to sort the best job combo, see question 2

2. Which zone is the best for farming. I've done statue crusher in Jeuno during events, and that's ok, but i'm looking to pull, kill stats, finish waves, collect the loot.

3. If i do Jeuno, i can never figure what's better to pull in, blue eyes or green, the wiki confuses me on what makes what take more dmg.

4. If i go cor, i can get all the buffs, and have SB, leaden, etc., if rdm i have all the tools, drk and sam also can sort it

5. Any tips, tricks, strats to successful farming? wave 1 and 2 ofc
 Bahamut.Boposhopo
user: Boposhopo
By Bahamut.Boposhopo 2024-02-23 20:59:27
Link | Quote | Reply

My first though is GEO, COR, WHM, and SAM in Jeuno. Mobs take really good hybrid dmg so you can 1-2shot most regular mobs and NMs shouldn't be much tougher. COR takes care of statues and rolls. use indi-haste and like GEO-Accumen or Fury (w/e gets you better dmg) and entrust w/e you're comfortable with (Fury/Accumen/STR or something defensive). GEO can go /BLM for Sleepga for some CC. Only issue may be MP management, but can run with like moogle trust or something for some Refresh, or a Koru-Moru.

I know someone that does this method w/ 6 and it works really well. 4 will be slower, but still perfectly manageable. If you'd be willing to swap that WHM to something else ideally I'd say COR BRD GEO SAM and just have the BRD or GEO be the healer. Takes better care of buffs and healing won't be too much worse for just Dyna.
By Beau 2024-02-23 21:55:38
Link | Quote | Reply

COR/NIN (DP) BRD/NIN WHM/BLM is the minimum I use. 2minuet2march, crooked tact roll + Store TP. WHM is /blm as back up sleepga. BRD main Carnwenhan for mordant rime (SC opener); also Mordant-->Mordant-->Leaden also works. I've found Jeuno to be best/most forgiving for simply farming Heroisms. Have both cor and brd auto-tag for Treasure Hunter (TH4).
 Bahamut.Xeones
By Bahamut.Xeones 2024-02-23 22:50:14
Link | Quote | Reply

So if i go sam on my main for damage, am i pulling in blu eyes or green eyes? does it affect the mobs that spawn? or just the statue?
 Bismarck.Drakelth
Server: Bismarck
user: drakelth
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2024-02-23 22:56:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Xeones said: »
So if i go sam on my main for damage, am i pulling in blu eyes or green eyes? does it affect the mobs that spawn? or just the statue?

I would pull the groups you can sleep, blue I believe. My sam can 1 shot all the trash with hybrids regardless of color with geo/cor buffs so dmg shouldn't be the concern imo
 Bahamut.Xeones
By Bahamut.Xeones 2024-02-23 23:09:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you, i'll try Sam, jinpu should handle stats, one issue is the cor is just an account for rolls, so if i dont go MAIN cor, it's just gonna spam rolls and ill have to deal with stats another way

gotta figure out the TH4 situation, but mostly just wanna get a feel for what i can handle

the Cor i like if i need to whittle down a pull by killing a statue, i can have it idle and get TP for a leaden
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-02-24 00:11:38
Link | Quote | Reply

3. If i do Jeuno, i can never figure what's better to pull in, blue eyes or green, the wiki confuses me on what makes what take more dmg.

To be clear, you're not sure if "+20% damage taken" or "+50% damage taken" takes more damage? Dynamis Statues
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sahzi
Server: Lakshmi
user: sahzi
By Lakshmi.Sahzi 2024-02-24 08:08:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Jeuno mobs take the most damage of all areas.

Green eyes won't sleep at all, you gotta pull blue eyes.

You will get links on pulls, some are just nearly unavoidable. When those links include green eye sets I'd think with 4 you're sunk. That's when you need a pld to gather and take the hits when the scrum ensues.

Given your list, it's gotta be WHM, COR, BRD, SAM. Those stats, left alive, can really mess u up. The cor has to take those out asap. BRD for buffs and sleeps.

A 5th character as pld would completely change the game for what you're trying to do. I'm 100% vanilla so I have no experience here with multi boxing, but you're already in for a penny, may as well be in for a pound.
By Jetackuu 2024-02-24 08:43:09
Link | Quote | Reply

WHM, BRD, GEO, COR

AE all the things.
 Bahamut.Xeones
By Bahamut.Xeones 2024-02-24 14:54:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Drakelth said: »

I would pull the groups you can sleep, blue I believe. My sam can 1 shot all the trash with hybrids regardless of color with geo/cor buffs so dmg shouldn't be the concern imo

I didnt word it well, i was curious if the mobs spawned FROM the statues have the same damage resistance as the statue they spawned from based on the color of eyes when spawned. I'm over complicating it, sorry
 Bahamut.Xeones
By Bahamut.Xeones 2024-02-24 14:56:14
Link | Quote | Reply

One issue i have is, the COR is a multi boxed account, so i'll have to get used to swapping to it on pulls and killing statues, then swapping back to Sam character, cause not sure how to send him commands to attack certain mobs/ws them separately from me, im sure there's a command alias somewhere or some way to set it up, but i'm not the best with those kinds of things.

Mostly i drag a few extra characters around for the buffs :)
 Bahamut.Xeones
By Bahamut.Xeones 2024-02-24 14:58:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sahzi said: »
Jeuno mobs take the most damage of all areas.

Green eyes won't sleep at all, you gotta pull blue eyes.

You will get links on pulls, some are just nearly unavoidable. When those links include green eye sets I'd think with 4 you're sunk. That's when you need a pld to gather and take the hits when the scrum ensues.

Given your list, it's gotta be WHM, COR, BRD, SAM. Those stats, left alive, can really mess u up. The cor has to take those out asap. BRD for buffs and sleeps.

A 5th character as pld would completely change the game for what you're trying to do. I'm 100% vanilla so I have no experience here with multi boxing, but you're already in for a penny, may as well be in for a pound.

Ok, pull in blu, if more than 3 stats, maybe i leaden 1 to thin it out before pulling?

Also curious if the Sam could take down stats decently? if so, what would you use? My cor character is a multi box roller, so i could swap to it and take out the stats, but it may be slow and arduous

Also, are you saying Blue stats wont sleep? AND the mobs they spawn if spawned in blue? Or just the stats
 Bahamut.Xeones
By Bahamut.Xeones 2024-02-24 21:31:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Last question, if i bring a sam for main dmg, and a geo for a buffer, what's the best hybrid dmg bubble ill get the most from? fury? frailty? malaise? If the sam has to handle all the dmg
 Bahamut.Xeones
By Bahamut.Xeones 2024-02-25 00:29:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Went semi well, sometimes additional statues spawn and that fks me up, 3 statues in blue is hard to time, but it's doable, but if one is green ***gets hairy for my whm alt
[+]
By Bongarippa 2024-02-25 15:28:15
Link | Quote | Reply

When I tribox dyna, I generally go cor brd whm. Leaden is your best friend in there. Properly geared, you can easily 1 shot blue statue mobs with even just a tp bonus magian gun. That being said, if you're pulling and it looks like you're gonna get multiple statues, in my experience it's best to clear out what you think may link with what you're pulling. It's very easy to get overwhelmed by mobs and if you're spending too much time weakened and not killing, it's pointless to even go in. Since it seems we're talking Jeuneo here, my general route is to buff up, tact roll while I'm whm and brd buffing, throw on a crooked wizards roll and head to the statue at the top of the stairs. Aggro it when its blue, pops mobs, kill the statue and kill the mobs except the war. I use that as a tp battery to kill statues I think are gonna link with other pulls. Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't really go in triboxing tho without a cor to kill the statues because as previously stated, they can really hurt a run.
 Bahamut.Xeones
By Bahamut.Xeones 2024-02-25 22:59:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
WHM, BRD, GEO, COR

AE all the things.

Genuinely feel like this may be the best situation, when i'm pulling on my Sam, if i get a green stat, and there's links, 3-4 stats + mobs, everything goes to my whm or brd and i'm fkd, a quick aeolian could be nice for hate, then whittle them down, it would just be a survival thing at that point
 Bismarck.Mooze
Server: Bismarck
user: Mooze27
By Bismarck.Mooze 2024-02-25 23:58:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Fwiw, and I know it’s not listed in your job option, so this is more for someone else reading, or if you wanna level PUP, but I easily supertank 1-2 statue groups at a time with puppet, while peeling a mob at a time with whatever setup I’m running at the time (I generally run pup + cor on 2 of my 4 and then whatever needs clears on my other 2 accounts). It can even handle a massive link with overdrive(I linked the whole alley between stalls and fountain in sandy wave 2). Could even get fancy and pup/sch and sleep pets, but I never had issues with heavy damage 2hrs.
 Valefor.Philemon
Server: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2024-02-26 00:21:07
Link | Quote | Reply

WHM, BRD, GEO, COR

AE all the things.

Genuinely feel like this may be the best situation, when i'm pulling on my Sam, if i get a green stat, and there's links, 3-4 stats + mobs, everything goes to my whm or brd and i'm fkd, a quick aeolian could be nice for hate, then whittle them down, it would just be a survival thing at that point
I don't know if someone said it already but just remember that you can always one-shot a statue pre-pull to make the pull easier.
 Bahamut.Xeones
By Bahamut.Xeones 2024-02-26 22:01:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Philemon said: »
WHM, BRD, GEO, COR

AE all the things.

I don't know if someone said it already but just remember that you can always one-shot a statue pre-pull to make the pull easier.

Yes!! i did a few of those, so there was only 2-3 roaming max,

I also noticed, that sometimes i would agro/voke a statue, and it would spawn other statues? is this possible? or was i just overwhelmed and not paying attention?
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-02-26 22:16:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I also noticed, that sometimes i would agro/voke a statue, and it would spawn other statues? is this possible? or was i just overwhelmed and not paying attention?

There are "traps" like this. In the palace in W1 and the top of the palace in W2. In the fountain area.