What Is Guildwork?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » What is Guildwork?
What is Guildwork?
By Yellow 2024-02-14 18:45:30
Link | Quote | Reply

What kind of community is Guildwork? I did not get know yet. When I tried to register, It has to needed to register for LS, but the LS community to go through no longer existed, so I couldn't register.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2024-02-14 21:14:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Guildwork is dead. Don't bother with it.
[+]
By Masaru 2024-02-14 22:07:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bazaar upload to ffxiah.com still works, so it’s still comes in handy.
[+]
 Phoenix.Gavroches
Server: Phoenix
user: gavroches
By Phoenix.Gavroches 2024-02-15 08:29:03
Link | Quote | Reply

So the website doesn’t exist. Just install the add on as instructed. You log in in the game /gw “email” “password” then do /gw flush. Did it 3 days ago, so it worked. Only thing is I’m missing mission/assault/completion but I might find out at some point. Oh yeah if you have rema that you can’t wear (usually aeonics, at least I do) they won’t shows up
By Taint 2024-02-15 09:59:52
Link | Quote | Reply

The Bazaar feature is worth it, it also updates your gear on the FFXIAH page.

The creator of Guildwork was a huge LS leader on Hades/Cerberus and went on to be a co-creator of Discord. He's now a billionare? living in CA.
By RadialArcana 2024-02-15 10:11:19
Link | Quote | Reply

It was started by the guy that went on to make Discord, he is too busy with that now.

Discord is yet another company that is "worth" billions even though it makes barely any money compared to what it costs to run, investment business is kind of funny really. All these tech companies that can't support themselves at all but are kept afloat by billionaires throwing money at them hoping they will one day be worth 10x what they threw at them.

This is why they can afford to let everyone have these free discord servers that cost them a ton of money, cause it's losing money hand over fist anyway and they are just trying to build dominance before they shank you with the fees 5 years from now.
By Godfry 2024-02-15 10:15:37
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
It was started by the guy that went on to make Discord, he is too busy with that now.

Discord is yet another company that is "worth" billions even though it makes barely any money compared to what it costs to run, investment business is kind of funny really. All these tech companies that can't support themselves at all but are kept afloat by billionaires throwing money at them hoping they will one day be worth 10x what they threw at them.

This is why they can afford to let everyone have these free discord servers that cost them a ton of money, cause it's losing money hand over fist anyway and they are just trying to build dominance before they shank you with the fees 5 years from now.

Wrong... data costs a lot more than what you think.
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2024-02-15 10:55:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk that they would be bankrupt in a month, looks like their revenue was 445 million in 2022, a 42% increase form 2021 (which was 310 million). It has received around 1 billion in funding since it launched.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-02-15 12:56:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I still use guildwork to call my friends gay
[+]