New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » New interviews on we are vanadiel
New interviews on we are vanadiel
By RadialArcana 2024-02-10 17:31:34
Link | Quote | Reply

New interviews about the expansions.

https://we-are-vanadiel.finalfantasyxi.com/

There is also some interesting info about how they got around the max map size, why they added ilevel etc, as well as the company that did a lot of outsourced work on XI when they no longer had the numbers to do it in house. Why they stopped ilevel at 119 and that runefencer was created after seeing players use red mage as a tank class.

* Matrix Corporation. They worked on the additional scenarios: "A Crystalline Prophecy," "A Moogle Kupo d'Etat," and "A Shantotto Ascension," as well as assisted with the development of Seekers of Adoulin.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matrix_Software
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-02-11 05:27:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have a link to the interview Tanaka gave about why he left Square Enix? I remember back in the day when he said he was leaving Square Enix and 11/14, it was because of health issues and nobody believed him due to lack of details. Everyone thought he just left cause 14 flopped.

However he later stated it was because he had kidney disease and spent the following years in hospital, until finally getting a kidney transplant and making a full recovery.

I remember reading the interview and also it's been mentioned in numerous places but I can't find it anymore.
[+]
By Sakinah79 2024-02-25 10:11:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting Far East tease (kinda, maybe) in the ROV interview.
[+]
By Spira 2024-02-28 03:54:07
Link | Quote | Reply

indeed.

2 interviews in a row with different developers where they talk about a Far East expansion.. is interesting.

also interesting that the announcement to reveal the smartphone version was a call that came from Yoshi-P.. although that didnt materialize in the end.

with the upcoming XIV expansion featuring heavy references to FFIX and FFXI, almost feel like they're planning something for both of them.
[+]
By Draylo 2024-02-28 04:09:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Expansion to the far east with new jobs time mage and chemist, confirmed
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-02-28 13:24:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol Yoshi-P wanted them to write an ending for a MMO...
By RadialArcana 2024-02-28 15:56:45
Link | Quote | Reply

The reason I think they will start making content again for XI:

XIV is a very profitable game but it is also very expensive to make content for, they have a huge staff they have to pay the wages for because content lasts a far shorter amount of time. They have to keep re-inventing the wheel effectively, releasing whole new dungeons with a limited life span in a never ending assembly line.

XI although older, smaller and with no cash shop, has a very dedicated fanbase and the content they make lasts forever. We are still doing the content they made for Rhapsodies for instance.

Buisness Division 3 now have nothing else to do, so given they are not working on anything else (that we know of) they have a lot of spare manpower.

It would be criminally stupid for them to not do something with FFXI, after the next XIV expansion. Given it makes millions of dollars a year and would make far more from another investment of long lasting content, from such a small investment of money.

Also, any new models that are made for XI can be and would be used for XIV too.
[+]
 Asura.Bronzequadav
Server: Asura
user: Autocast
By Asura.Bronzequadav 2024-02-28 16:06:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think Yoshi-P wants two Final Fantasy MMOs around.

I can't imagine this game doesn't cost pennies relative to FFXIV to run, They could literally sell mediocre TVR addons as expansions for this game and people would buy them. Not like they have to devote many resources to it to do so, as shown.

Plenty of content to recycle into Ilvl version still, It feels like a conscious decision to just abandon this game.

Why have they never setup a subscription bundle which is just more money for them at prob next to no cost.

Hell even everquest is selling expansions and churning out revenue.
[+]
By Seun 2024-02-28 16:33:09
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bahamut.Sulryn
Server: Bahamut
user: Sulryn
By Bahamut.Sulryn 2024-02-28 19:24:50
Link | Quote | Reply

It’s interesting that Matsui mentions the dev team is just 6 people post RoV. I speculate that it’s maybe 2-4 people now after Matsui and presumably some other members left the dev team.
By RadialArcana 2024-02-28 19:28:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean they moved a few of them off the game, and I would think onto XIV to work on this new raid. It was said they -could- come back, after that is done.

They didn't need to make an XI raid, and that implies they want to make XI more relevant in some way. Maybe to help Fujito past his first year.
 Asura.Bronzequadav
Server: Asura
user: Autocast
By Asura.Bronzequadav 2024-02-28 19:35:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought Fujito said it was him and like two others when he took over, And that those other two are currently "helping" in some capacity with the XIV/XI crossover raid.

Also mentioning that they wanted/deserved an opportunity to expand their skill-sets and learn new things working on other projects. Which honestly sounded like they are prob just going to be absorbed into the FFXIV team.

Also maybe I'm crazy but fujito hasn't ever really sounded enthusiastic about taking over, he has been pretty doom and gloom from the start.

Would like nothing more for them to continue with this game in some capacity but they haven't shown the slightest hint in regard to that being something they are interested in doing at all.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-02-28 19:43:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bronzequadav said: »
Also maybe I'm crazy but fujito hasn't ever really sounded enthusiastic about taking over, he has been pretty doom and gloom from the start.

Yeah his letters have been terrible, it almost felt like he was being negative on purpose sometimes.

The way budget allocation works (allocated yearly in advance), we will see in the second year what's going to happen I guess.
 Phoenix.Enochroot
Server: Phoenix
user: enoch
By Phoenix.Enochroot 2024-02-28 20:11:48
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
any new models that are made for XI can be and would be used for XIV too.

RadialArcana said: »
They didn't need to make an XI raid

Plundering old content for assets to upscale, heartstrings to tug on, and memories to exploit. Development by "what else we got laying around?"

At the risk of being labeled a cynic, I don't think there's any grand design or big mystery beyond quarterly profits here.
[+]