~18 Years And Still Having Fun..

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » ~18 years and still having fun..
~18 years and still having fun..
By SimonSes 2024-01-17 20:39:00
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys can say whatever about this game dying, new content being bad etc. but I play FFXI for around 18 years and it can still give me adrenaline rush and makes me jump out of chair with satisfaction.

I was boxing Fu, but died (trying to gear up some new alts). I only had reraise on my main (BLU). I decided, that I will just try to solo it for fun (without trusts). I wasn't really expecting to win, but who cares. I changed spells a little to have refresh for both small mp regeneration and mostly to have some more non lethal buff that Fu can take with Ebullient Nullification. I had no plan beside that at all, so I was trying to adapt on the spot. At one point I was a little low on mp, so I switched to club to make few Moonlights. When it started using -ga, I mostly stopped using Occultation (beside for Ebullient Nullification) and only used White Wind to heal myself. I also managed to use Mighty Guard after ~50% and 10% Ebullient Nullification and also I used Tourbillion at 50% to push it as fast as possible to 25%.

I killed it with 30 sec remaining.. Niqmaddu dropped (exactly what I wanted). I switched to warp ring and tried to warp, while at the same time I tried to HP on other chars, to only leave WAR alt there, who needed the ring. My main char zoned out at 3 sec remaining..

It had 78/80 inventory.

My hands were shaking for good 5 minutes. It was also my birthday today and because of many random events I couldn't really celebrate it at all, but now I'm going sleep with a big smile on my face and that's solely thanks to this awesome game. So haters gonna hate, but for me FFXI is still the GOAT.
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2024-01-17 20:46:36
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
It was also my birthday today and because of many random events I couldn't really celebrate it at all

Happy birthday!

and I agree. I may have issues and complaints about content right now but when I login to any other MMO, it feels dead and soulless, same with most games I play coming out today. Few can match the interesting mechanics, jobs, and elements in 11, despite its flaws.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-01-17 22:12:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I find FFXI to be a well-crafted puzzle. It isn't overwhelmingly difficult by any means, but the challenge comes from getting faster and more efficient at something.

The other day I had played around in Ambuscade with my friends. They were prohibiting the use of Trusts for their challenge, so we went in as just three the one night. At the start, we were barely scraping through V2 Normal even after 10 minutes per run. But by playing around with subjobs and some other options, we were tearing through V2 Difficult after just 2-3 minutes.

It's not really that mind-blowing an achievement, but it felt so good to solve the game using its deeply-layered mechanics. I love seeing (or reading about) people trying things that no one else has even tried before. It's fun because you have so many options and paths that there's almost certainly always a better way to do something.
[+]
By jubes 2024-01-17 22:27:23
Link | Quote | Reply

had a similar moment with kyou recently where i was able to 3box it and despite one character dying got the drop i was after.

my next goal i think is to see how far i can get 3boxing an aeonic. if WoC and Kirin go well, it should be pretty easy sailing until Reisenjima helms.
By Dubaiii 2024-01-18 00:08:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I see FFXI as place to meditate and escape reality and overthinking.
[+]
 Asura.Anybody
user: Sisqo
By Asura.Anybody 2024-01-18 01:24:26
Link | Quote | Reply

For these reasons we are in love with this game!
 Bahamut.Yubers
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Yubers 2024-01-18 05:38:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Multiboxers ruin the game :D
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-01-18 05:42:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Happy Birthday Baniak!
[+]
 Bahamut.Galakar
user: Galakar
By Bahamut.Galakar 2024-01-18 05:56:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Wszystkiego najlepszego!

Gratz on soloing Fu without trusts, sounds like a fun fight.
[+]
By SimonSes 2024-01-18 06:13:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Galakar said: »
Wszystkiego najlepszego!

Gratz on soloing Fu without trusts, sounds like a fun fight.

Dzięki :)

It was indeed fun and a very welcome change of pace.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-01-18 07:59:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Happy Birthday!

I fell down on a solo run against Dhartok this week with reraise on. It turns out RDM doesn't need trusts at all for them. The clear time wasn't the best but there was time to get the botulus and reset the A boss for the next run. I think that was the fastest I've ever cleared A boss, because I was rushed for time and a little worked up. Overall enjoyable experience.
[+]
By Weeew 2024-01-18 08:22:31
Link | Quote | Reply

There should be a name for this condition similar to stockholm syndrome.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-01-18 08:26:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Weeew said: »
Warsaw Syndrome!
[+]
 Bahamut.Svedin
user: Svedin
By Bahamut.Svedin 2024-01-18 10:13:34
Link | Quote | Reply

You know you miss the game too.
[+]
 Bahamut.Galakar
user: Galakar
By Bahamut.Galakar 2024-01-18 10:14:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Svedin said: »
You know you miss the game too.

Well, I miss the three of you for sure.
[+]
 Asura.Jenniferrr
user: Pirates
By Asura.Jenniferrr 2024-01-18 12:31:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Congrats man!

Thank you for sharing an awesome moment with us.

I feel the same way about XI. I've come and gone a few times but have always loved the game. The game has it's flaws like every other game but it has so much more to offer.

Let's keep the good times rolling and get the community involved in more uplifting stories focusing on the good things. It will strengthen us and bring more players new and old to the game.

Vana'diel forever!
[+]
 Shiva.Cerderic
Server: Shiva
user: Cerderic
By Shiva.Cerderic 2024-01-18 19:12:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Dubaiii said: »
escape...overthinking.
we are not the same
[+]
By Thunderjet 2024-01-18 23:30:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone need a geo for sortie farms i only enjoy sortie i am a sad person please invite me thank you for the offer but i dont have to pass!!!
By jubes 2024-01-18 23:37:02
Link | Quote | Reply

managed to sneak in a win on kirin/kouryu drk cor geo 3 box after several failures. horrid roar was a menace, coupled with plenty of mistakes of my own (including sitting there with slow and impact on me without even thinking about panaceas...), but i finally got lucky and killed the ***. next up WoC and then easy street to Reisenjima helms. I believe people have truly soloed WoC on rdm? so nothing special. thanks Simon for the inspiration to try something like this.
[+]
By SimonSes 2024-01-19 09:08:44
Link | Quote | Reply

jubes said: »
managed to sneak in a win on kirin/kouryu drk cor geo 3 box after several failures. horrid roar was a menace, coupled with plenty of mistakes of my own (including sitting there with slow and impact on me without even thinking about panaceas...), but i finally got lucky and killed the ***. next up WoC and then easy street to Reisenjima helms. I believe people have truly soloed WoC on rdm? so nothing special. thanks Simon for the inspiration to try something like this.

If we speak about inspirations for lowman and solo, for me it was always Mischief, but he is not the only one ofc. We have SMN legend Papesse. We also have Aewyl who dual/triboxed all Resenjima HELMs and it was also 3 years ago, so without recent power spikes. If you don't mind not understanding the chat or descriptions (unless you know JP or want to play with Google translation), then there is also several top JP solo/lowman players too, like Kaggra, Lute and Kamau.
[+]
 Shiva.Myamoto
Server: Shiva
user: Myamoto
By Shiva.Myamoto 2024-01-19 09:31:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Still want to solo WoC on my SCH, haven't tried it yet but thanks to lute and kaggra, I have tried and succeeded on most other things. It's just fun imo challenging the player and job.
[+]
By jubes 2024-01-19 09:54:14
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks for the video links, good stuff. i did record my fight but there were too many errors to want to share it. i'll save that punishment for my ls mates :)