Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » TH effect aftect while moving server
TH effect aftect while moving server
By gavroches 2024-01-14 15:29:26
Link | Quote | Reply

So I have been farming Astral Detritus in Omen daily doing AE since July, gear have been constant (Gandring+herc helm TH2 with MaB of 36 in DM), run 13-14 min. And while I do not have a data gather in a beautiful chart to explicitly show my observations, I have likely averaged 15 per run (wide gap 4 at the lowest to 36 as a high, under 5 run below 10). So about 50 days ago I swap server, and to my surprise a constant of low drop, what use to be very rare (run under 10) was every day since moving, not one run for 45 days broke the 10, range of 5-10, 6 weeks in a row. Frustrating as that’s how I make my Gil. But this week back up to speed, all 8 runs at 12-18 as usual. So obviously, there’s got to be a TH mechanism that lock new account of 50% of drop and somehow apply when swapping server. It’s too weird and noticeable for not posting it.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-01-14 16:10:00
Link | Quote | Reply

gavroches said: »
while I do not have a data gather in a beautiful chart to explicitly show my observations

discarded, move along
[+]
By Shichishito 2024-01-14 16:23:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I'm at the last stack befor finishing a 3rd REMA detritus stage upgrade and as far as I remember I've never seen a single run with detritus drop spikes as high as 36/run, that looks more like a double run worth of detritus to me.

My highs are typically somwhere in the 15-22 range which is usually followed by one or multiple runs with low drops, maybe around 6-8/run. The majority for me is in the 11-12/run range and that's also where I'd guess my average is at.

I tag all mobs with cap TH one by one and then switch to regular DD set, although my set overcaps with 9 TH in gear alone. Then I try to feint, sneak and trick attack as much as I can without wasting time waiting for cooldowns.
All numbers eyeballed.

From your numbers it could be that you had a long lucky streak which coincidentally ended when you jumped servers and the "correctional" streak began.

Would need many data points from someone who regularly jumps servers, farms detritus and logs the numbers to confirm/discredit your theory, which I don't think we'll see since frequent server jumpers don't make their gil farming.
By K123 2024-01-14 16:25:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Average 15 sounds like bs. Even if you average 12 it's only like 1.2m an hour? Any DD can solo gin with trusts basically and there's loads of people that will buy midboss and gin items still. I sold a yamarang for 10m yesterday.
By Shichishito 2024-01-14 16:36:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
discarded, move along
No need to be so dismissive. Not everyone does every aspect of their life with a full data analyst stack running in the background.

Sure eyeballing is no definitive measurement but it wouldn't be the first time that observing something odd lead to taking a closer, scientific look, which then turned out to confirm the observers suspicion.

Even though in this case I doubt SE would do this cause a 50% farming penalty would discourage some people to jump, therefore cutting their bottom line.
By gavroches 2024-01-14 16:51:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Look, wasn’t trying to make whoever felt hurt hurt. Yes, it could be a pure string of luck/bad luck/ re-luck ?!? That happens, but what I definitely notice was that. It is the same farming, same gear, same principle (I rather AE and do it in 13 to 15 min than spend an hour on it). And I definitely assume not a lot of people jump server and keep a specific habit. Now the naysayers, go of track, idc, the others I appreciate the objectivity for sure and if someone has a clear farming habit and plan on jumping server, maybe s/he could do a small tab and track. Tons of people love to find numbers and mechanics (restraining or not). I agree with Shichishito that SE probably did not plan on that specifically, but maybe it’s tight to a mechanic of new accounts (that 45 days mark was weird), or maybe it’s bad luck
By Autocast 2024-01-14 17:06:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I recorded my drops doing 4 runs a day(4 separate characters) for over a month and my average consistently held at around either 11.5 or 12.5, so 11-12/run average, had plenty of spike runs and plenty of low runs but the average held.

All the characters were of course thf, with max TH.

With that said the whole premise of server transferring lowering your drop rate or effecting a job trait is just silly to begin with.

K123 said: »
there's loads of people that will buy midboss and gin items still.

Sometimes finding buyers is annoying/doesn't mesh with your schedule and you can't control if you get the correct midbosses let alone the specific drops from midboss or gin itself.
[+]
By Hopalong 2024-01-14 19:32:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
So obviously, there’s got to be a TH mechanism that lock new account of 50% of drop and somehow apply when swapping server.

Hmm, not a thing, why would they code that?
[+]
By jubes 2024-01-14 20:03:24
Link | Quote | Reply

this has got to be the most absurd superstition ever held about how th works. kudos for creativity though.
[+]
By K123 2024-01-14 20:07:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone else posted big data once that showed about 12 average on THF too
 Asura.Bippin
Server: Asura
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2024-01-14 20:20:09
Link | Quote | Reply

gavroches said: »
So about 50 days ago I swap server, and to my surprise a constant of low drop
This is very interesting, what server are you on now?

[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
Server: Asura
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2024-01-14 20:37:41
Link | Quote | Reply

There's basically no chance TH correlates to account/char age, but it's not outside the realm of possibility that there is some mechanic where drop rates dynamically adjust based on participation or some drop threshold.

50 days ago would've been a marked increase in Omen activity on Asura due to the campaign, if you were on a smaller server and this sort of thing existed then you'd see higher rates there due to lower participation, a decrease after moving, then the rate on a busier server jump up when the campaign was over. That's the only case I could see other than pure coincidence dealing with multiple prng factors (which all of this is anyway).

I doubt they had the foresight to do this, they would've had to think about how drop rates impact smaller servers and implement this, which while feasible, would be shockingly aware of them. I also expect this would've been observed long before now because there have been various circumstances over the years it would've been semi-obvious.
By Hopalong 2024-01-14 21:07:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Good lord...
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-01-15 01:10:28
Link | Quote | Reply

You were clearly on a 50 day probation. You should server hop a second time to confirm it.