Forum » FFXI » General » Launching Multiple Instances At Different Res
Launching Multiple Instances At Different Res
 Valefor.Worlace
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Worlace
By Valefor.Worlace 2024-01-07 10:27:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I am trying to launch multiple instances of the game using Windower at different resolutions to reduce the CPU hog on my non-main characters. Is this possible?

It appears that when I launch one instance at a higher resolution, and then another at a lower resolution, by the time I get into the game the instance at a higher resolution appears to be borked with nothing targetable, my character invisible, etc. Eg one character at 1600x1024 and the others at 1360x768.

I am only using the latest version of Windower, Dgvoodoo, XIView, but no other mods.

Other tips to improve system usage would be appreciated by an of the tech gurus.
VIP
By Lili 2024-01-07 10:36:31
Link | Quote | Reply

This post should have been in the Windower section.

That said, for Windower to correctly apply the resolution settings, you need to launch each instance of FFXI fully into the login screen before launching the next instance.
If you launch one instance only until POL, then launch a second instance while the first is still in POL, things will not work correctly.

Of course, it's possible there's something else going on and I recommend you go to windower discord for further support.
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2024-01-07 11:53:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I have no such issues as OP but as Lili said, I’ve always launched all instances from the Windower menu; there’s even two separate profiles set, one for Main and one for Alts.

But as Lili said, this might be better moved to the Windower support avenues so that someone else more attuned to it can help you troubleshoot.
 Valefor.Worlace
user: Worlace
By Valefor.Worlace 2024-01-08 07:13:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the help, and apologies for the wrong forum location. If it's possible to move it to the right forum that'd be great. I'll go to the Windower discord as well.