Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Chocobo Whistle
Chocobo Whistle
By Trillium 2023-12-31 21:53:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Curious if anyone has tips for the chocobo whistle quest. Been trying for at least 2 weeks trying to get the handkerchief/dirty handkerchief from the chocobo... got it first chance on 2 of 6 characters, but the other 4...

Not sure if there is a glitch on the 4 and I should just retire and restart from an egg, or it is just usual bad rng and will take a while, or if I am doing something wrong somehow.

I only search when it is absorbed in activities after a LONG walk.

Any help appreciated at this point lol... Want to get this off my dailies list...
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2023-12-31 22:42:27
Link | Quote | Reply

And your searches are successful? Meaning you are not detected by the chocobo.
By Trillium 2024-01-01 03:39:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Niflheim said: »
And your searches are successful? Meaning you are not detected by the chocobo.

Yes, it just keeps on saying, there is nothing of interest. (can update with exact wording tomorrow when I can see it again on 4 chars lol)
By Trillium 2024-01-01 14:57:30
Link | Quote | Reply

"There does not seem to be anything or particular notice."

Seems to be the message I keep getting... been just doing walking in town as the activity for the care path the last few weeks... maybe that is the issue?

At a loss that it is happening on 4 characters.
 Bismarck.Radec
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Radec
By Bismarck.Radec 2024-01-01 15:13:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Trillium said: »

Sounds like the item is in a different area, and you should try a different walk.

From BG:
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Chocobo_Whistle_Quest

Quote:
A successful search does not guarantee you'll find the item. That means the item is not in that area, and you should look in the other two areas.
By Trillium 2024-01-01 21:30:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah! Thanks so much! I must have missed that. I have "skimmed" (apparently) that quest so many times now lol... crossing fingers for tomorrow... but 2/6 seems right for always checking the same area...
By Trillium 2024-01-01 21:51:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Radec said: »
Trillium said: »

Sounds like the item is in a different area, and you should try a different walk.

From BG:
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Chocobo_Whistle_Quest

Quote:
A successful search does not guarantee you'll find the item. That means the item is not in that area, and you should look in the other two areas.
To update: This did the trick. Because the first 2 got theirs on LONG walk, I kept doing that on all... did medium distance and that did it. Have to try the other distances on other chars tomorrow. Thanks so much for the help.