First Page 2 3
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2023-12-31 10:39:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Fujito Message: http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/21086/detail.html

Event Link: https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/New_Year_2024

Reminder that Chacharoon is in Ru'Lude for one week with the usual goods. More info in the link above. The little Spyro dragon might do something. Last year, the rabbits next to Chacharoon turned into a big one during full moon. We were able to trade carrots to it for the large white tail item for the costume.

They did not add (probably forgot to) last years furnishing Kagami Mochi to the moogles.

The new Macana sword might come from the roaming dragons.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Jimie
Server: Phoenix
user: Jimie
By Phoenix.Jimie 2023-12-31 12:48:10
Link | Quote | Reply

It might be nothing new but the whole event is worth it for this:

[+]
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Server: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2023-12-31 12:51:28
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Macana

What does it look like?
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-12-31 13:34:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't you have to trade X gil to Chacharoon to get a sack which, once used, gave you a chance for stuff?
 Phoenix.Jimie
user: Jimie
By Phoenix.Jimie 2023-12-31 13:52:22
Link | Quote | Reply

You can get a silver voucher by trading him 10k+ once per rl day. the pouch he gives you as a result can be traded to another player and opened to grant the same amount you traded.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2023-12-31 14:41:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Macana looks like a reskinned Thibron

Found a Dragatama NPC in Qufim Island and was trading it junk items and gil till it gave me it.
Sometimes also gives you New Years Gifts and random buffs.
[+]
By Draylo 2023-12-31 16:25:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Hopefully they decide to change their mind and try something when they see sub numbers drop.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-12-31 16:29:00
Link | Quote | Reply

As long as there's 10,000 bots it's not gonna so don't get your hopes up.

Despite being an objectively worst year the active characters just wouldn't go below 65k
By Felgarr 2023-12-31 17:32:46
Link | Quote | Reply

PSA: Things to do this New Years event:

1.) Every RL day: Trade Chacharoon 10k to get a Silver Voucher, trade him 5k again to an SP gobbie key.
2.) Buffalo Mount: Go to the event moogles in town and buy the 3 Buffalo Cowbells. Trade them to Macchi Gazlitah, for a Buffalo Mount, which you trade to the Taru in the choco stables.

For #2, the moogle locations are:
Northern San d'Oria (D-8)
Bastok Mines (H-9)
Windurst Waters (north side) (G-10)

Edit: Changed price of key to 5k
[+]
 Asura.Bluespoons
By Asura.Bluespoons 2023-12-31 17:53:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Felgarr said: »
1.) Every RL day: Trade Chacharoon 10k to get a Silver Voucher, trade him 10k again to an SP gobbie key.

5k will get you the key

You should include buying the two items he has when you talk to him, too. Once you buy the first, the menu will say (Done for today.) by the items as if you can only pick one, but you can get both each day.
[+]
By Felgarr 2023-12-31 19:14:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bluespoons said: »
1.) Every RL day: Trade Chacharoon 10k to get a Silver Voucher, trade him 10k again to an SP gobbie key.

5k will get you the key

You should include buying the two items he has when you talk to him, too. Once you buy the first, the menu will say (Done for today.) by the items as if you can only pick one, but you can get both each day.

Fixed. What does buying both items get you?
 Asura.Bluespoons
By Asura.Bluespoons 2023-12-31 19:36:51
Link | Quote | Reply

5k will get you the key

Fixed. What does buying both items get you?

The Chacharoon's Bag gives you a random amount of beits, boulders, or plutons. You can also get some s. astrals, or even an m. astral.

The Susuroon's Gift gives you random escutcheon spheres.
By Seun 2023-12-31 20:52:24
Link | Quote | Reply

You can also get some s. astrals, or even an m. astral.

BG says 10 possible, but I just got 15 s. astrals. Only ever seen a single m. astral though.
 Asura.Bluespoons
By Asura.Bluespoons 2023-12-31 21:00:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Seun said: »
You can also get some s. astrals, or even an m. astral.

BG says 10 possible, but I just got 15 s. astrals. Only ever seen a single m. astral though.

A friend got 14 s. astrals right after I posted, but I have also only ever seen just 1 murky.
[+]
 Cerberus.Dekar
Server: Cerberus
user: Dekar1
By Cerberus.Dekar 2023-12-31 22:09:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Hopefully they decide to change their mind and try something when they see sub numbers drop.

Reading Fujito's message genuinely annoyed me. Can we really even call him a FFXI "producer" if they only real thing we're getting is a Japan-only dramatic reading? ***, when the hell are they going to address the retargeting system like the mentioned in that AMA years ago?

[+]
By Felgarr 2023-12-31 22:31:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Dekar said: »

Reading Fujito's message genuinely annoyed me. Can we really even call him a FFXI "producer" if they only real thing we're getting is a Japan-only dramatic reading? ***, when the hell are they going to address the retargeting system like the mentioned in that AMA years ago?

Me too. And calling his 7-8 months as Director "smooth", made me laugh out loud. I understand he's working with zero resources and probably has his hands and budget tied ...but jeez, at least acknowledge that non-JP players exist? Maybe? :/
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2024-01-01 00:13:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Me too. And calling his 7-8 months as Director "smooth", made me laugh out loud. I understand he's working with zero resources and probably has his hands and budget tied ...but jeez, at least acknowledge that non-JP players exist? Maybe? :/

In some ways, paying a FFXI sub is putting yourself in an abusive relationship.

SE will every now and again throw you a bone, and routinely promises to be 'better'. But alas, it never happens.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-01-01 00:26:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Since 2003, only dropped my sub from late 2019 to late 2020.

I guess we non-JPs got included in that, "all adventurers" quip, but that makes me feel as valued as being a crowdfund backer.

(Hint: Not at all)
[+]
By Felgarr 2024-01-01 01:02:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I got a Macana sword from the Dragatama glowing circle + 3 Wyverns that were wandering Valkurm Dunes. I traded an Earth Crystal to it and it gave me a Macana sword. 1/1. Yay.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2024-01-01 01:46:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know why you can't just accept they're okay to put this game on ice and keep it running, and that's it. They are straight up telling you that they aren't about to do jack ***for the game in terms of content this year, and you're STILL clinging to the belief of "hope" that they do something if they see sub numbers drop? That is the definition of down bad.

Stuff like Peach Power fight are just fun additions they don't promise, but implement as one offs on very rare occasions. Them telling you that 2024 is just going to be maintenance mode is them setting your expectations for nothing more.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-01-01 07:59:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah if you're expecting to ever use that Prime Weapon on anything new, just don't.

Quote:
we have been upgrading the development team's equipment and other resources in order to update their work environment. Furthermore, we are making steady progress with replacing the FFXI servers and also ensuring that everything runs smoothly on Windows 11 as well.

That means in the far future, MAYBE you'll see something new. Vana'Bout is meant to buy time, in the meantime keep running around doing daily/monthly tasks so you feel like you did something to justify that sub.

If the game is acceptable right now, then you're good. But you're in for a long wait if it's not.
[+]
 Asura.Bluespoons
By Asura.Bluespoons 2024-01-01 09:46:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I got 19 astrals on a mule this morning. BG, you so crazy.
 Cerberus.Darkvlade
Server: Cerberus
user: Darkvlade
By Cerberus.Darkvlade 2024-01-01 09:49:57
Link | Quote | Reply

damm I tho' me getting 17 was a record lol
By K123 2024-01-01 11:25:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Senaki said: »

In some ways, paying a FFXI sub is putting yourself in an abusive relationship.

SE will every now and again throw you a bone, and routinely promises to be 'better'. But alas, it never happens.
and demands more and more of your time as time goes on to keep you under control
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-01-01 11:37:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Fujito's statement reads more like something given to investors than customers....guess that makes sense with the mood of SE being that no one games just for fun- clearly the future they want is where one just spends extra money on extra stuff "related" to a game, rather than spending resources on that game itself.

I'm flat out offended by the level of "Yes Man" in Fujito. Will I stop playing because of it? No- but it does make me evaluate current personal goals I have in the game and realizing that once these are met I don't see myself encouraging such an attitude with continued support.
[+]
By ilugmat 2024-01-01 11:59:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
Fujito's statement reads more like something given to investors than customers....guess that makes sense with the mood of SE being that no one games just for fun- clearly the future they want is where one just spends extra money on extra stuff "related" to a game, rather than spending resources on that game itself.

Quote:
We're also currently working on the Echoes of Vana'diel alliance raid content for FINAL FANTASY XIV.

[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-01-01 12:54:56
Link | Quote | Reply

oh completely agree Fujito just happens to be the fall man sent in to dismantle a great thing- its not his choice, he's just really good at saying "Yes, Sir".
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-01-01 13:06:37
Link | Quote | Reply

It was headed in the wrong direction for quite a while. You people just had blinders on.

It's tough to see in the moment and even harder to accept it's happening.
First Page 2 3