2024: What Are You Looking Forward To Most?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » 2024: What are you looking forward to most?
2024: What are you looking forward to most?
By Felgarr 2023-12-29 21:03:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi folks!
With the new year approaching, I thought I would ask the FFXI community: What are you really looking forward to most about 2024? (Or if you prefer not answer that, what did went really well for you in 2023?). Obviously, this does not have to be game-related, but it can be, if that's what you choose to share.

The only rule for replies: Positive vibes only please.

I'll let others post before I share mine.
By K123 2023-12-30 01:41:25
Link | Quote | Reply

AI making millions of jobs redundant which causes huge social unrest and massive movement from the global South because all call centres have been closed and replaced with Al bots.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2023-12-30 03:27:46
Link | Quote | Reply

The final season of SEAL Team!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2023-12-30 03:58:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Negan said: »

I remember when it switched networks and caught us off guard they were swearing. Which makes sense given the show. Dunno what network/platform the final season is on and whether it'll be Joe Pesci in Goodfellas or Joe Pesci in Home Alone. You know what I mean. lol
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2023-12-30 04:32:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Richybear said: »
Bahamut.Negan said: »

I remember when it switched networks and caught us off guard they were swearing. Which makes sense given the show. Dunno what network/platform the final season is on and whether it'll be Joe Pesci in Goodfellas or Joe Pesci in Home Alone. You know what I mean. lol
I would 100% this if it was Discord. They deserve to swear, a lot. Glad someone else enjoys it!
[+]
By Taint 2023-12-30 07:51:43
Link | Quote | Reply

6 more payments left for Daycare!

4 Kids through daycare, I could have paid my house off and then some.
[+]
By kinkanat 2023-12-30 08:32:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, between 2 days ago I played the game, it had been a while since I played, I saw a party of Gigelorum V25 and they were asking for monk, so I went with my Monk R15 but with booma R19, when I entered the battle I saw that the only one pushing the mob It was me because the rest used Anchor, I also noticed that half of them were mules...the run ended badly and they said that I needed more equipment 25, and I also have to upgrade my af3 from +1 to +2).

It demoralizes me to see that people assume that you have to cheat to do things, plus the chat is still all mercenaries who only want to sell things, this ideology has made it lose the good health that FFXI previously had when it came to making group content with random people.

So I left the game, I'll probably give Eden or Horizon another chance where at least there they DO care that there are no bots or mercenaries screwing up the game, although Horizon makes design decisions that I don't like and they distance me from it like the destruction of the Ninja or RDM or that the jobs with pet are overpowed.

So I'm more pessimistic than ever about this game that I love and that I still consider the best of all time called Final Fantasy XI.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By K123 2023-12-30 08:45:12
Link | Quote | Reply

How many people play on eden?
By kinkanat 2023-12-30 08:56:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Too few people, also the biggest problem and the only one that I have found is that it allows dual box, it is something that really sucks but it is the only negative, for the rest I think it is the best era 75 server that I have played, much better than Horizon where it customizes too many things (having more negative points, although it does something well here and there like improving DRG and putting more benefits to SMN).

I really don't understand why so few people play on that server.

kuroki said: »
get off asura, i lived there for almost 12 years but its just not worth it any longer, such a depressing place. a few items may be a bit harder to find on other servers, but they pop up eventually. greatly improved my play experience to find a new home

I am a person who in my 19 years of playing FFXI, most of the time I have played with random people and signing up for shouts to make content, I have always enjoyed meeting people and learning with people from all over, but Asura is being unbearably bad, but at the same time it is where there are more people and presumably where there are more possibilities to create content via shout.

If I go to another server it will be more difficult to find people by shout, in fact I left Ragnarok precisely for that reason, it worked for a few years during the Reisenjima era, but nowadays I no longer know what the best option is, and I don't want to commit to it either. an LS because I play very intermittently and when I feel like it.

Any suggestion will be welcome.
By buttplug 2023-12-30 09:16:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Quality of life adjustments for the content released over the past few years... Something like new monthly campaigns for Sortie, Odyssey, and Master Levels... Skies the limit an example for each one could be something like... Increased exemplar points to help with that grind... Access to support job in Odyssey Goal... Sortie bosses drop better rewards...

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-12-30 10:00:23
Link | Quote | Reply

In-game related, my friends doing their own version of the Ironman Challenge are finally hitting 99, so I'm looking forward to getting some actual endgame content done in the New Year~

I might finally be motivated to get a REMA after all these years.
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
Server: Asura
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-12-30 10:06:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Right now, I'm just looking forward to the great plagues of 2023 being over. It seems like almost everyone I know is sick with RSV, COVID, bronchitis, flu, or some other plague.
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Server: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2023-12-30 13:49:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Excited to see how we progress: Finishing at my 2 year junior college in the summer with my associates degrees and step-daughter and I start with a local state university in the fall, while wife starts with junior college this year
[+]
 Bahamut.Mhysa
user: Nathoo
By Bahamut.Mhysa 2023-12-30 14:01:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's check in in the middle of the year... but, looking forward to starting spinning classes, I did a test one and I had so much fun, also looking forward to my move across the country, and starting my masters degree in marketing.

Maybe I will learn how to bake in 2024. :)
[+]
 Phoenix.Enochroot
Server: Phoenix
user: enoch
By Phoenix.Enochroot 2023-12-30 14:27:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Somehow I'm going to get ffxi running on an Apple Vision Pro. Not sure how just yet, but we'll get there.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2023-12-30 14:33:17
Link | Quote | Reply

beating tree...
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-12-30 15:44:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Kick its balls
[+]
By K123 2023-12-30 16:42:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Enochroot said: »
Somehow I'm going to get ffxi running on an Apple Vision Pro. Not sure how just yet, but we'll get there.
At best you'll get it viewable on a virtual screen, likely through remote access, but what's the point?
By Pantafernando 2023-12-30 16:51:24
Link | Quote | Reply

K123 said: »
Phoenix.Enochroot said: »
At best you'll get it viewable on a virtual screen, likely through remote access, but what's the point?

Maybe he wants to play while shitting
[+]