New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Regain Feather 2023
Regain Feather 2023
VIP
By Lili 2023-12-27 15:53:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Is there a reason why the person who completed this feat does NOT want to be named? Pretty cool achievement, wondering why would it be a problem. Person doesn't want to be accused of cheating? genuinely curious, not trolling, I've never seen this item before so this is neat

Some people just like to keep a low profile
 Asura.Dexprozius
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-12-27 17:43:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I was able to recreate it (I'm Elvaan, large).

The 1st time I did it on a chocobo and it felt alot easier... but then I did it 2 or 3 times. The issue is it feels extremely finnicky. Sometimes it just lets you through and other times you get stuck on the corner then fall, or just get force pushed off before you even contact the rock.

WORST OF ALL: Once I got it a few times and learned the route, I went to find Luminants... and jeez these things are Often in the most unreasonable spots. There's the one location to the west of the rock, but on the outside separated by a large miasma. I'm not sure if that miasma is removable, but I highly recommend anyone wanting to try this out buy the miasma repellant item.

I was pretty excited at the prospect of a consistent way to obtain the feather, but the effort seems pretty enormous and R.N.G. dependent.
By vulture 2023-12-29 18:42:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dexprozius said: »
Bruh how...

I spent like 15mins running all sorts of ways or slowly tapping and could not replicate getting past the rock like in your video. Is there some trick or angle i'm not seeing? It's like trying to brute force it
If you run into terrain at a deflection angle, it will push you back slightly, you won't be able to follow along the side of the wall at the closest possible point, and it will make it worse for you to run on the tiny ledge. You basically need to run as parallel as possible to the underlying ledge and then push into it right at the end.

edit: also doing it at different run speeds always feels different, so best to get full movespeed+ on before trying.
 Asura.Yasova
Server: Asura
user: Nobility
By Asura.Yasova 2023-12-29 20:20:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Im aware that using a nexus cape breaks the mirror, but what about tractor/raise? does it break it due to "zoning" out of the area?

Been curious on whether this could be an easy way to cheese it. Has anyone bothered to test it?
By Shichishito 2023-12-30 00:15:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember reading someone tried tractor befor and that it breaks the mirror.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2023-12-30 01:53:11
Link | Quote | Reply

That's the same thing as Nexus cape. Zone action