Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Van about
Van about
First Page 2
By gavroches 2023-12-14 16:05:32
Link | Quote | Reply

It’s a great idea, love the concept, but the rewards are very jobs bias, who ever deal damage will score a lot higher than the tank or the whm, never mind that the bard/rdm/geo for example totally misses on any of it as buffing/rebuffing a full dispel doesn’t score anything, healing the tank get some but it’s minuscule in comparison. It’s a group content like most of the other stuff, rewards should be group based. Can’t do under 5 min, that one perfect no one get it, doing DMG/SC should score point absolutely, not for one person but for the whole group, something SE should fix.
 Fenrir.Zenion
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2023-12-14 16:30:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Under 5 minutes isn't hard once you realize that volume 2 counts for that too. (Well, okay, to be fair, even on volume 1... my group couldn't handle normal, but easy was under a five minute clear most attempts, it's not bad with two or three good damage dealers.)

But yeah. This would have been done a lot better if objectives worked like Omen. But that would have been hard, and FFXIV devs aren't falling for the "free sandwich" signs any more so we don't get the resources for things like that.

If you want to get the cure objective, don't even fight. Go in with someone with a set that drastically increases or decreases max HP - ask a summoner or dark knight - and have them use that to make space for cures. Get your ten cures, warp out or whatever so you can keep your key item for a real attempt.

Weaponskills... did you know Myrkr, Starlight, and Moonlight count? You can get those without engaging, if you're a mage with a source of regain.

I don't know how anyone's supposed to get that 100,000 damage taken objective though.
By Mrxi 2023-12-14 16:46:45
Link | Quote | Reply

They are so far out of touch its amazing, ambu was fine people already farm the ***out of it. 1 person doing objectives should count for everyone since tank just stands there and takes 0 dmg and does like 0 dmg to boss. Cant even beat a cure bot to a cure.
 Asura.Dexprozius
Server: Asura
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-12-14 16:50:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I solo VD normal ambu (flan) each day, I bang out all the 10 daily objectives in 3 runs. Ive taken 50,000 damage so far, have 11 runs done under 5 mins so far (out of the 12 I've done since the event started)

BLU/RDM, white wind set raises my HP to yellow so it always heals me for over 300, plus if my trusts take damage it heals them too. Cast Thunder/Blizzard/Subduction to hit all damage points. Generally I Savage>expiacion burst blizzard or CDC>CDC light burst thunder to get multiple objectives done at once.

None of the objectives are unreasonable. The last objective I'll need to do is Gallantry due to how little you get, and I'll just swap to Intense Ambu for that. The only unreasonable thing SE did was make it centered around Dailys which no one wants.. and having no repeatable RoE's to allow the players to catch up. It's a shame the content incentivizes playing solo though, it should encourage players to group up and clear Intense
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-12-14 17:16:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, call me a stan or whatever, but I wouldn't mind the aby kupon and I slacked on deeds for a while, so the 100 to 'catch up' isn't the worst thing either. I have 0 motivation to do the 'gold' tier, though, and will probably stop at 900.

I started gearing RDM two days ago and had basically nothing for the job (in 19 years I've barely touched it as a job, idk why) but am able to do all objectives in about 15-20min. I've read nothing on this fight so idk if it's possible to break or change his auras, I just went with laziness, although it has me gearing RDM now...It's possible/likely to be more efficient at it solo I'd assume. Point being, you can do it low effort pretty fast and mostly braindead

Enspell damage for the 3 damage types. When the bomb shows up, it seems to buff you or weaken the boss and you have a window where you can do more damage even if your gear isn't stellar.. I forgot about head modes, this is probably due to the head mode he's in, the buff does seem to align with the bomb popping though. I went from doing ~300 AE during attack rounds to in the thousands, consistently hitting that while the buff is up. It'll pop several times so you have several windows to do it in.

CDC>CDC>Light for Dia, which is only a nuisance if you get the slow aura, otherwise it is easy especially during the window where you get buffs from the bomb (which I think includes some regain effect). The WS/MB/SC objectives are all pretty straightforward.

In doing it for two days, I am ~50k damage taken, so that one won't be hard. Worst case I figure standing there on a high HP job with HP+ gear and letting trusts try to heal me can get there pretty easily, it's not like you lose EP if you die anymore and moving to squishy gear can make him take you down real quick.

The kills in 5 minutes will be annoying if you get stuck with the slow aura, solo at least. I went in on DNC (which is considerably better geared) to try and see how fast I can kill it and this did a pretty good job of dragging it out. He's weak so if you go in with 3 players then it's a non issue. His damage is mostly garbage and he dies quick even unbuffed, it'll just be harder solo if you try to melee with the aura up and he didn't change it during that run. I'm not sure I care enough to do it 20 times but it's fast.

I've been going to Foret #3 for KIs, I know there are some near the Zhayolm HP but I'm not sure if there are enough.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-12-14 17:53:59
Link | Quote | Reply

It's less the difficulty of the objectives, more the fact that it's another daily, time limited chore that you need to go out of your way to finish.
[+]
By Nariont 2023-12-14 17:58:42
Link | Quote | Reply

bring back weekly conquest tally time windows
[+]
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-12-14 18:44:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Iamaman said: »
I've been going to Foret #3 for KIs, I know there are some near the Zhayolm HP but I'm not sure if there are enough.

Den of Rancor #1, walk out the gate 20 yalms, 3 worms on the ramp/open tonberry room. Super quick.

Does anyone know how the rewards work? Is it like Deeds where you reach a threshold and you can claim everything under that category once? Or do you SPEND the plaudits? And if you spend them, can you repeat buy or one time only?
[+]
By gavroches 2023-12-14 20:57:17
Link | Quote | Reply

It’s official, the shittiest event SE has ever done, wait time of 30 min as everyone (including me following above advice doing the dumb *** heal mb sc x3) on a normal V2 event solo. And hour and half to get it done, /clap SE

Should get rid of all those lames objectives, just reward base of gallantry and add objectives for 1 ody 1 sortie 1 dyna that accumulate to the required amount, but right now that ain’t working to put an entire server trying to solo in an instance event.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2023-12-14 21:09:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Literally the only thing worth getting from the rewards is the 100 Deeds. Once you're done with that, tell SE what you think about this event by buying nothing else with Plaudits.

To spell it out, we're only going to do stuff that is reasonably worth the effort. Every other reward can be acquired easier via other methods in less time. Players will do the dailies if the rewards are worthy.
[+]
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Timepassesbye 2023-12-14 21:59:09
Link | Quote | Reply

At least they noticed the population wasn't going to hit the 16 mil mark and cut that to 1/4 of the original amount. Now they just need to actually extend the event period so it isn't mandatory to do 9 daily if you want to get the gold reward. Having an event active for only 13 days when the max points you can get in that period in 1450 is a little crazy, especially with the best reward requiring 1300, the margins are just too close for it to be "fun" and it quickly becomes a grind that most people won't be bothered doing. Not to mention the fact that if you miss 2 days, it's impossible for you to get the best reward. It's a great idea, terrible execution though. instead of only offering 5 of the tier 2 objectives, maybe offer 10, or make those 5 reset on conquest.
[+]
By gavroches 2023-12-15 05:10:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Literally logged out because the wait were so long for dumb objectives that create its own congestion for zero reason, actually taking the weekend off, the most frustrating feeling last night, that wasn’t a playing a game moment
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-12-15 07:20:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Timepassesbye said: »
At least they noticed the population wasn't going to hit the 16 mil mark and cut that to 1/4 of the original amount.

If only they were honest and owned up to the ludicrous mistake in their post rather than claiming "oh wow congestion is crazy" implying their event was 'too popular', where as any 5th grader with a TI-83 can figure out the numbers wern't plausible to begin with....
Sure "great they fixed it" but it really feels disrespectful to the players and their time in the first place.

Now they just need to actually extend the event period so it isn't mandatory to do 9 daily if you want to get the gold reward.

Wont happen, it already dips into the holiday season which was a poor choice to begin with. It should have been the entire month just like the campaign if they were going to create such a strict window, OR make some ROE's repeatable as a catch up mechanic for people who actually cared about the results.

especially with the best reward requiring 1300
Arguably this tier is the worst rewards on the list... nothing of substance.
instead of only offering 5 of the tier 2 objectives, maybe offer 10, or make those 5 reset on conquest.
I like the 5 resetting on conquest.
All the daily's shouldnt exist should be "if x party member does y" to encourage team play.
The elemental ones should be condensed into 1 RoE, so theres a phys damage one and a magic damage one, both repeatable (increase the number if that makes you uncomfortable)...
Plaudit rewards should be better repeatable... atleast in tier 1? move the deeds to 1300 and make those one time if you think 100 deeds is too strong, but frankly there should be more on the table.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-12-15 07:42:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Change all gold, silver, and bronze rewards are bronze prizes.
Bronze Award 300P → 100P
Silver award 900P → 200P
Gold prize 1300P → 300P
Even with this, I don't think I would do it given the current reward.

If crowding is a problem in Ambuscade, it is a mistake to have them complete the tasks in Ambuscade.
There are many people who can only enter for a limited time, but having them enter over and over again is also a problem.

Cooperation and individual play are not compatible.
By Ashbel 2023-12-21 12:03:30
Link | Quote | Reply

So no one has taken the i-Aby kupon yet?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-12-21 12:09:39
Link | Quote | Reply

It's 2 items. 2 shells. 2 buds. 2 scales. whichever.
[+]
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-12-21 17:54:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Worth noting that the Dark Matter is x5, picked it up on my alt I've been dragging along. Not sure if this has been noted yet. Abdhaljs seals are x3 also if that's your jam.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2023-12-21 19:14:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dexprozius said: »
Worth noting that the Dark Matter is x5, picked it up on my alt I've been dragging along. Not sure if this has been noted yet. Abdhaljs seals are x3 also if that's your jam.

I did this today and couldn't believe it, because the menu is screwed up.

-In the options list, it is just listed as "Dark Matter".
-When you click on it, the left menu option will ask if you would like to obtain a chunk of Dark Matter, while the dialog will (with the typo) say "You will receive 5chunks of Dark Matter".
-When you choose yes, it will say "You obtain 5 chunks of Dark Matter".

Now, if SE had got the menu correct, more players may have been inclined to farm 300 plaudits in their spare time. On my small server, we do not have much stock and they go for 600k each, so that is 3m gil for some easy work that almost anybody can do over a few days.

It is truly disappointing how much SE screwed up on this event in many ways. We are close to obtaining the goal (94%), but did we really? Or are they just saying we did it to make us feel good for "achieving together".
[+]
 Bismarck.Mooze
Server: Bismarck
user: Mooze27
By Bismarck.Mooze 2023-12-22 09:20:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree with Kylos. I go in on RDM and knock out all 10 of the dailies in less that 30 mins with trusts on VD Vol. 2. Granted that’s probably not something a fresh returnee can do, and it’s probably exclusive to RDM, but at the same time I don’t mind dragging 5 more of anything with me to help them hit their goal either.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-12-22 09:30:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I've got mine down to a rhythm, I get both my characters done in about a half hour as well, probably more like 20~25 minutes, but I don't bother timing it. I have been doing RDM + BLU, since both of those jobs can do all the objectives.

I've done some runs with as many as 6 people, but once you get beyond 2-3 people, it gets a bit confusing to track who has/hasn't done which objectives. I find doing long endless SCs is best because it lowers the ratio of WS:SC. Burning Blade -> Fast Blade on repeat until all the SC/MB are done, cures as they come up. Spam nukes until all 30 are done, throw a few extra WS in at the end and you're all set. I typically get all, or close to all, the objectives done in the first run, then clean up the remaining objectives in the second one and do a simple "kill as fast as I can" run for the third, which is always under 5 minutes
 Fenrir.Ahlen
Server: Fenrir
user: Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2023-12-22 10:24:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Dont pick 3 seals even if u dont need deeds anymore (after last merit ws ki) it always gives 3-6 seals when earning 100 deeds.
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-12-22 10:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ambu is slammed this morning, almost a 20 page wait on Asura.

I'll hit 900 today. No chance of reaching 1300, I missed a few days last weekend doing other things and being in bed with the plague. I'd almost have risked it on the low low chance the EP reward was actually good, but I have no chance of reaching it, I'd be 100 short. Oh well.
By Ashbel 2023-12-22 13:48:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn not even 5? for at least a full armor set holy ***.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-12-22 13:49:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not even bothering with this pile of trash. Maybe SE will eventually fix it, but for now it's a hard pass.
 Asura.Rekcuf
user: ashcrow
By Asura.Rekcuf 2024-01-02 08:04:57
Link | Quote | Reply

vanabout not showing for me says nothing why do i have to talk to something?
 Asura.Rekcuf
user: ashcrow
By Asura.Rekcuf 2024-01-02 08:04:57
Link | Quote | Reply

vanabout not showing for me says nothing why do i have to talk to something?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-01-02 08:07:23
Link | Quote | Reply

It ended a week ago
 Phoenix.Enochroot
Server: Phoenix
user: enoch
By Phoenix.Enochroot 2024-01-04 19:37:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Have they said anything about the "overall rewards" simply not working? Am I missing something?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-01-04 19:57:57
Link | Quote | Reply

What isn't working? Those don't go into effect for another 7 days.
 Phoenix.Enochroot
Server: Phoenix
user: enoch
By Phoenix.Enochroot 2024-01-04 20:02:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
What isn't working? Those don't go into effect for another 7 days.

Oh, I thought we could claim the EP/EXP right away through the menu and then the extended campaign didn't kick in until next month.
First Page 2