Forum » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » More "Rewards" list
More "Rewards" list
 Shiva.Cerderic
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Cerderic
By Shiva.Cerderic 2023-11-10 10:49:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Dynamis Divergence - medals, identification cards, void and shards, etc. having these in one place would be nice, especially since you have to type out almost the entire name for void/shards to search for them.

Geas Fete (pop items) - while these aren't technically 'rewards', I've looked up all the pop items hundreds of times comparing prices and route planning.
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2023-11-10 11:11:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Not a terrible idea. Question for other people: would adding Dynamis Divergence stuff to that rewards list be valuable?

Also, for you specifically: if you have a specific list of things you're constantly looking up, there's the "Shopping" list builder in the members menu. Not opposed to building something specific if people really will use it, but in the meantime the shopping list stuff works well enough (or did. I haven't used it in quite some time)
[+]
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2023-11-10 11:24:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of the rewards sections, SE reduced the amount you could get per month of the currencies with gallantry, it looks like the ambu page was not updated to reflect that change.

Alex for example shows 875, but it is now 450. BG has the updated numbers here

and I think adding a Dyna D page would be nice.
[+]
 Bahamut.Boposhopo
Server: Bahamut
user: Boposhopo
By Bahamut.Boposhopo 2023-11-10 11:25:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Rooks said: »
Not a terrible idea. Question for other people: would adding Dynamis Divergence stuff to that rewards list be valuable?

I personally think it would be, would also nice to see the Stack version of items in stuff like Unity/Ambuscade instead of just singles. Singles rarely sell, would be nice to be able to compare stacks directly from the list instead of clicking each one and then looking at stack price after.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Server: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2023-11-10 11:37:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Rewards section for current content in both stack and singles would be great to direct new players to and a great insight into what our personal servers market is like.

Shopping tab is my favorite part of this website, I wish I could sort it or organize is it a little more.
I also wish I could blacklist someone from it... Getting excited over the bazaar number lit up only to find that it's someone who is trolling is disappointing
[+]
By Caradog 2023-11-10 14:41:28
Link | Quote | Reply

On the topic of the rewards section, I think the price and sell rate would be more useful if it pulled from the stack history (for most the single items)
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2023-11-19 09:18:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Niflheim said: »
Speaking of the rewards sections, SE reduced the amount you could get per month of the currencies with gallantry, it looks like the ambu page was not updated to reflect that change.

Writing the update for this now; are 100 Byne/Silverpiece/Jadeshells no longer buyable with Gallantry?
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-11-19 09:28:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Writing the update for this now; are 100 Byne/Silverpiece/Jadeshells no longer buyable with Gallantry?
There's essentially no more "specified" months for Gallantry rewards that rotate (the relic/empy/mythic rotation of rewards)- they balanced it out so you actually get more in a 3 month period of some things than you used to.

Example- every month now you can get 1 riftdross/1 riftcinder from Gallantry, vs the 2 of each every 3rd month.
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2023-11-19 10:25:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »

There's essentially no more "specified" months for Gallantry rewards that rotate (the relic/empy/mythic rotation of rewards)- they balanced it out so you actually get more in a 3 month period of some things than you used to.

Example- every month now you can get 1 riftdross/1 riftcinder from Gallantry, vs the 2 of each every 3rd month.

Thanks. I'm mostly asking because https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Category:Ambuscade_Rewards shows that you can't by the 100-piece Dynamis currencies with gallantry, when you definitely used to be able to.
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2023-11-19 11:49:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh my God there are so many rewards for DynaD. ALL THE CURRENCIES AND TRADE-INS
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2023-11-19 14:44:31
Link | Quote | Reply

WHY DOES EVERY JOB HAVE ITS OWN FLAVOR OF SHARDS. A GLOVE IS A GLOVE YOU FRUITCAKES. BARDS DON'T HAVE SEVEN FINGERS OR ANYTHING

(It's not that bad, really. My annoyance is that the page is going to be very long and require scrolling)
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-11-19 14:59:09
Link | Quote | Reply

The answer is artificially creating rarity. There should not be 110 shards and 110 voids. It's assholeish. But they justify it with "value".

If every mob dropped alljobshard then cor feet couldn't have cost 200m. Thereby demotivating players to go farm dienamis. It's the whole process.
I'm sure you know, actually.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-11-19 15:02:16
Link | Quote | Reply

(It's not that bad, really.)

No, it is that bad
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-11-19 15:03:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I need like 2 mules only to hold the damn mats.

10 * 22 so you need to have 220 inv space only to hold at least one of each.
Administrator
By Rooks 2023-11-19 15:05:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

No, it is that bad
I meant my job of making the page isn't that bad, just annoying. I imagine the reality is terrible, for the reason Eiryl spells out.
Administrator
By Rooks 2023-11-19 18:48:40
Link | Quote | Reply

The Dynamis-Divergence piece is complete and has been sent to Scragg for review and deployment.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-11-20 12:42:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

No, it is that bad
I meant my job of making the page isn't that bad, just annoying. I imagine the reality is terrible, for the reason Eiryl spells out.
Its really not that terrible though. If someone was so desperate, they COULD use Medals to buy up the pages needed. The problem is the currency exchange value is harsh when used for that purpose (3:1), and with the cost of Medal's being so high, its generally a loss.
3 Beastmen Medals costs 2.1 mil on Asura
Only a handful of shard's eclipse 2 mil:
Head: RUN COR SCH
Torso: SCH
Hand: THF RDM
Leg: RUN GEO
Foot: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But the cost of the shards are also related to the general popularity of the job, as well of the utility of the piece itself. All of the expensive shards belong to popular jobs for armor that is actually useful. 80% Basic supply and demand economics, 20% auction house limitations. Most people arent going to tie up an AH slot for a 5-20k item that sells slowly / might not even sell. But if someone was truly so desperate to get their hands on 5 Footshard: PUP, the access is always there. They might not want to spend 10 mil for something that costs 25k from the AH when supply is there, but thems the breaks.

The cost of Medals is also unlikely to wane to do being the only reliable access to the synth materials required to make the JSE weapons and Necks, which once again, some are amazingly popular and useful (Rostam, Gandring) and some are not (Aram). But the exchange all comes from the same base currency (Medals).