user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-11-08 07:35:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Awe ***they gave this trash it's own topic, this has promise

it's not my birthday, why the present.
[+]
By Draylo 2023-11-08 07:44:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Private servers were always against the rules. Guess someone been playing on them and decided to change it. Truly the sign of the times
 Asura.Rekcuf
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: ashcrow
By Asura.Rekcuf 2023-11-08 07:56:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Private servers were always against the rules. Guess someone been playing on them and decided to change it. Truly the sign of the times
not to mention ther was even changes to horizonxi imagine nerfing RDM at a 75 capp era Server and adding new stuff and only the dev's know best to start BST and abuse it lol.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-11-08 07:59:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Was wondering how long it'd take for people to find and post. Almost 2.5 weeks!
[+]
By Draylo 2023-11-08 08:05:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Private servers are 100% a detriment to retail. Majority of the players only hold contempt for retail since Abyssea and want it to fail. While they continue to use assets created past 75 cap in their fake utopia. It's really sad someone brought that crap here, you just keep driving nails into an already splintered community. You get nailed by the barely caring company that runs the game and then again by its ex players trying to recruit people there, the game dont catch a break.
[+]
 Asura.Rekcuf
user: ashcrow
By Asura.Rekcuf 2023-11-08 08:06:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
e
not to mention because they suck and are simple minded its very hard to create 4 pages of the ingame vanilla macros with new equip set addition!
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-11-08 08:19:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Rekcuf said: »
not to mention because they suck and are simple minded its very hard to create 4 pages of the ingame vanilla macros with new equip set addition!

Are you talking about making macros in Horizon...? It is incredibly easy to do this in retail
By Homsar 2023-11-08 11:02:29
Link | Quote | Reply

It's funny how assmad people get about Horizon. I know retail is washed and that makes people bitter, but that's the fault of SE.
[+]
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2023-11-08 11:29:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Homsar said: »
It's funny how assmad people get about Horizon. I know retail is washed and that makes people bitter, but that's the fault of SE.

To this day I still don't understand why people got all bent out of shape about Abyssea.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-11-08 11:32:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Clintbeastwood said: »

To this day I still don't understand why people got all bent out of shape about Abyssea.

Pretty simple. The unwashed masses got to play on equal ground as the elite.

Spent 5 years waiting in line for ebody as a trophy and the scrubs got to outclass it in 30 seconds. And you didn't need 36 bodies to throw at it.

You also didn't have to suck linkshell leader *** for drops, a thf and healer could kill everything. Disruptive paradigm shift from the slavery meta. Of course they were pissed.
[+]
By Seun 2023-11-08 11:37:54
Link | Quote | Reply

It wasn't Abyssea, it was the level cap breaking. People worked on their characters and gear for most of a decade and it was obsoleted overnight by stuff you could get from vendor for little to nothing.

Regardless of what we thought of Abyssea, it's understandable why people were upset.
[+]
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2023-11-08 11:39:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Seun said: »

It wasn't Abyssea, it was the level cap breaking. People worked on their characters and gear for most of a decade and it was obsoleted overnight by stuff you could get from vendor for little to nothing.

Regardless of what we thought of Abyssea, it's understandable why people were upset.

What was the logical alternative? Let the game die at 75?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-11-08 11:45:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, they could've raised the level cap but not given tons of stats to higher level gear. They could've made it so that your previous gear could be upgraded to the higher level (such as ilvl weapons now), or just not raised the level cap. With full control over the game, they could've made any decisions they wanted. There was no NEED to raise the level cap, they just chose to do so.

For the record, I think abyssea was awesome, it was a ton of fun, had a boatload of good gear, new mechanics, and really helped to democratize the gearing process. Drops were much more common and there were new gearing paths. Plus adding new levels added all kinds of new options for job combinations, it was incredible. Unfortunately people who were really impressed with themselves for killing Fafnir were upset that killing Fafnir was easy now, /shrug.
[+]
By Seun 2023-11-08 11:53:46
Link | Quote | Reply

If XIV hadn't flopped, most of the people who quit probably would have transitioned there. XI could have been put into 'maintenance mode' after WotG, leaving it set at 75 cap and mostly removing a need for people to make *** private servers.
By Homsar 2023-11-08 11:57:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Work on horizontal progression(like current retail) and focus on things like actually releasing complete expansions and content?
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2023-11-08 12:22:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »

So, forgive me for not caring enough to be up to date with what private servers (never played on one and likely never will) are doing, but what happened 2.5 weeks ago?
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-11-08 12:29:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Valefor.Prothescar said: »

So, forgive me for not caring enough to be up to date with what private servers (never played on one and likely never will) are doing, but what happened 2.5 weeks ago?

The sub-section on the forum was created.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2023-11-08 12:57:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, that's all? People waste far too much time being negative over dumb ***, when they could move on and do something productive with their time.
By drakefs 2023-11-08 13:13:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, that's all? People waste far too much time being negative over dumb ***, when they could move on and do something productive with their time.

Like playing games, that are also in maintenance mode or will eventually become a drama hole...

Maybe people find this fun as well. I am not about to tell someone their fun is wrong.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2023-11-08 13:23:02
Link | Quote | Reply

drakefs said: »

Like playing games, that are also in maintenance mode or will eventually become a drama hole...

Maybe people find this fun as well. I am not about to tell someone their fun is wrong.

Yeah, this topic should be closed. There is nothing remotely funny or productive to come out of it.
By Homsar 2023-11-08 13:25:30
Link | Quote | Reply

There is nothing remotely funny or productive to come out of it.

It's especially funny when you consider that the people playing on Horizon and enjoying themselves would likely never come post on here anyway, so this subsection is likely to only exist so that bitter folks like OP and a few others can complain and shitpost.
[+]
 Asura.Sensarity
user: Meeeeeep
By Asura.Sensarity 2023-11-08 13:48:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm gay
[+]
By Homsar 2023-11-08 13:51:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sensarity said: »
I'm gay

Hi Gay, I'm Homsar.
 Asura.Sensarity
user: Meeeeeep
By Asura.Sensarity 2023-11-08 13:53:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sensarity said: »
I'm gay

Hi Gay, I'm Homsar.
Hi Homsar, I'm gay.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2023-11-08 14:46:26
Link | Quote | Reply

horizontal progression(like current retail)

Ody gear and Empy+2/+3 broke horizontal progression pretty hard.
[+]
By Homsar 2023-11-08 14:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Lili said: »
horizontal progression(like current retail)

Ody gear and Empy+2/+3 broke horizontal progression pretty hard.

That's more of a testament to SE's poor implementation of those things rather than a criticism of horizontal progression.
By Homsar 2023-11-08 14:50:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Dubaiii said: »
HorizonXI is cool for few hours, like getting some nostalga camping jack the rabbit against other players, seeking party and waiting for an invite to join a party in valkrum dune for a bit, then close it and never open it again.

I've been playing Horizon for about 7 months now. There are good things and bad things but there's an undeniable fun element to reliving the FFXI experience with the knowledge that I have now. There are early signs of server death starting to present on the server and I don't know how much longer I'll play because I don't have the schedule availability to do endgame, but it's still enjoyable. Gotta say though, I sorely miss HP teles and Survival Guides.
VIP
By Lili 2023-11-08 14:52:00
Link | Quote | Reply

That's more of a testament to SE's poor implementation of those things rather than a criticism of horizontal progression.

I like horizontal progression a lot.
It's just not how current game operates!
[+]
First Page 2 ... 9 10 11