Low Man Gallimaufry Farming
First Page 2
 Shiva.Flowen
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2023-10-10 23:15:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I have been asked by a few people if I could share our route for farming galli with just 3 players + trusts. I hope it helps people who find it easier to band together a few friends vs a full party (or like me, one brother + another character dual boxed). Credit to Liam (Shiva) who also developed this route.

Our set up is COR/NIN, SAM/WAR, BRD/WHM. I play COR and dualbox BRD.

Enter, SAM leads and summons trusts (we use ygnas, sylvie and king of hearts). Run to base warp (running always means with bolters roll, of course) > C, widescan for bhoot and kill if its there, if not you will have to rematerilze later to get the red chest. After kill or if bhoot isnt with corse, enter G. Run to G boss, always split routes where possible to scout for blitzers. If someone finds it, stare and pop the chest.

Gather in front of triboulex, crooked chaos + sam roll, SV clarion honor march, mad, min 4 + 5, aria (or min 3 if you dont have it). A note on low manning.. dont forget to buff your trusts! Lead staggers them so you can give them different songs, but I usually just do dark carol and ballad for this boss (and dont bother for the rest of the run). Sam multisteps it down, yaegasumi before 50%. BRD heals, elegy, nocturne. Cor just upgrades dia 3 with light shot.

As soon as it's dead, SV should still be up on BRD. Use wildcard > nitro back, use nitro and redo songs (no need to buff trust). This is important to have SV songs up for both E boss and E naaks. If you didnt get a 5 or 6 you can cutting cards the bard, another SV/Clarion arent required but it can speed things up.

Run to blitzer, if its with vampires and you didnt get chest earlier you can pop it now. Exit > A > Someone get in E asap to start naak timer, others can spawn but not pop chests like naked check, cast at blitzer etc.

All in E, find botulus, piano dirge the COR. Leaden salute it to death from the back with COR, SAM holds hate with voke and stuns any tp moves with hobaku. You can afford at least one fudo > leaden darkness sc but dont sc much or you risk not getting the chest. If you move fast you'll still have a min before naaks pop, feel free to kill a few normal mobs or just chill a min by the boss blitzer and barwater, barpoison, auspice, haste 1 etc.

When naaks have popped, warp up to E boss. Ideally, you want it so you can crooked chaos as second roll (sam as first), so you can bolters after E boss, and still have your crooked chaos for naaks. This is easily achieved by letting boss wipe bolters before applying the roll if sam isnt roll 1 slot. Sam multistep Dhartok to death, if you got yaegasumi back from wildcard feel free to use it to speed things up, but it isnt required. BRD cures, elegy etc, COR upgrades Dia. You should have about 3 mins or so left on your SV songs at this point, but redo with normal songs (maintaining 5) when they are wearing (hopefully when naaks are nearly dead).

Run to naaks, COR pulls and SAM multisteps them down fast. Save the dispellers to last (namely gabbrath and cehuetzi). When they are down, pop chest in middle of room and run to exit.

Run to A > warp to base warp popping the chests spawned earlier on the way. Someone can do a quick looksy at D warp for fomor NM too (and if he is there, kill it), plus drop wing for a chest. SAM kagero's acuex whilst COR leaden salutes, then COR uses ninjitsu spell to finish them off (should hit for about 5% of hp if you made a set, can wiz roll if you need to). 3 acuex for boss ki. Kill Obdella nm if he is around here or on the way to A. Run to A, rest in leech zone for a chest, warp up to A boss.

SAM multisteps, should go down fast. Can continue to do normal nitro 5 song as they wear off. BRD can drop regen II on Sam to counter the taint (very manageable from A boss).

When it's down, leg it across to D past base warp and acuex. Check east for fomor NM if you havent killed it yet. If it's not there, continue to area before boss. If still no fomor NM, 4-step sc 3 fomors for boss KI anyway (ideally you have killed fomor NM so you get red chest too). SAM jinpu spam, COR aeolian spam if want to help.

Once you have KI, run to warp and up to D boss. SAM multisteps Degei, Cor casts ninjutsu magic to proc it (e.g. Flaming Kick > use Suiton: Ni).

Once D boss dead, exit and run across to C boss (if really havent found dele yet you might find him now - you can kill 3 fomor after for red or do this later). If you didnt get bhoot red earlier, you can let SAM go ahead, kill bhoot, whilst COR runs back to D > warps C and rematerializes the bhoot to get red. By the time you get to C, you probably have SV/Clarion back, feel free to 5 song SV to speed up C and B.

Warp up to C boss, SAM multistep it down. Exit and run N towards B. On the way, Sam SC 3 x ghosts whilst BRD or COR magic bursts on 2nd step for C boss KI.

Continue on towards B zone. When you get to elementals, fudo > leaden kill 5 of them for blue chest and boss ki (or rudras > leaden with BRD and COR if SAM needs to go off and kill 3 fomor, or find obdella etc). Once you have blue chest, can kill porxie for another red and aurum chest. Make sure you get the boss ki too though.

Hurray blitzer for a chest. Run to B boss, SAM multisteps. On occassion I drop the odd savage blade on COR, but usually drops pretty fast. Dont debuff it.

This route gives ~37,500 Galli.

On occasion, you might have a little time left after this. We usually pop into F and look for emp 5/5 blitzer and ixion, adding another 750 and pushing 38k.

Note, with the boss kill order, you need shards E, G and C already on entry. You will get these during the route to allow repeats but the first time might require prep if you dont have them.

We have also killed Aita a few times with this set up, pushing Galli higher, but it can be flakey without the metal (metal removes dispel, slow, stun, terror etc), and getting the metal from tulittia can be annoying. Another fun route is dropping D boss but popping into F, doing blitzer, ixion, exiting and re-entering then killing naaks (over 38k if you have time).
[+]
 Shiva.Flowen
By Shiva.Flowen 2023-10-10 23:23:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Happy farming!

If people are interested, we also have 3 man + trust strategies for all omen bosses, dyna D bosses + wave 3 farming, TC, a lot of other random stuff like ambu VDs etc.
[+]
By Odessyus 2023-10-11 07:28:13
Link | Quote | Reply

This is super helpful - thanks for sharing!

I’d be interested in your 3 man strategy for W2 dynamis bosses and W3 farming if you don’t mind sharing that as well.
 Odin.Wyclef
Server: Odin
user: wyclef
By Odin.Wyclef 2023-10-11 07:31:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Very nice of you to share the lowman strategy. Also helpfull for less experienced 6man groups even.

Small question though, which multisteps is your sam using normally and are they the same for ABCD and EG bosses?

My groups current setup just relies on WS power instead of focussing on skillchains, would be nice to see if we can benefit from getting skillchain dmg into our routine.

Thnx in advance!
 Ragnarok.Gennss
Server: Ragnarok
user: gennss
By Ragnarok.Gennss 2023-10-11 07:32:17
Link | Quote | Reply

definitely intersted.
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Server: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2023-10-11 09:36:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flowen said: »
without the metal (metal removes dispel, slow, stun, terror etc),
AITA
We frequently fight it without the metal and I can tell you it does NOT dispel but will overwrite haste 2 with slow
No stun or terror from what I can tell
It will place a nasty attack down that can ruin a zerg.
Fetters apply heavy dots.

I have fought it enough without the metal to confirm these but not enough with the metal to confirm what changes for the better.

Also DT will ruin this fight everytime and it comes from lack of procs not healing with sc.

Great write up thank you for contributing
[+]
By Pirates 2023-10-11 09:36:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the great post!

Could you go over your TM strat in detail and give recommendations for a 6 man group?

Thanks in advance!
 Bahamut.Kaius
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Kaius 2023-10-11 10:46:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for sharing, very nice write up!
 Shiva.Liam
By Shiva.Liam 2023-10-11 12:14:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Wyclef said: »
Small question though, which multisteps is your sam using normally and are they the same for ABCD and EG bosses?

I have a stage 3 prime for Sam which makes a big difference on BDH bosses. Prior to that i used rana > fudo for dark which wasn't nearly as good.

Everything gets sekka - ageha at start(except wind hand B)

G boss, and when D/H are in a "dark" stance
Fudo > Kasha > Shoha > Fudo

B boss, D/H "light" stance
Mumei x3

A/E
Mumei > Mumei > Shoha > Kasha > Fudo

C
Koki > Koki > Kagero > Koki > Shoha
(if that doesn't work for you use the G SC)

Also use a hybrid tp set that focus on some subtle blow (especially helps on Naaks, as then you can 3 step without a tp move/dispel risk)

hope this helps!
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2023-10-11 13:01:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I totally respect when anyone shares their testimonials, although it should probably be said that a group like this needs to be decently geared. I am seeing Samurai Empyrean +3s being used, so it is not suitable for an entry level group.

I returned earlier this year and got in to doing Sortie on a regular basis a couple of months ago. If anyone is interested, I would take some time to share my own low man (& possibly solo) strategies for those mostly looking to acquire easy-ish Sapphires and Starstones for equipment upgrades.
[+]
 Shiva.Flowen
By Shiva.Flowen 2023-10-11 15:25:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
I totally respect when anyone shares their testimonials, although it should probably be said that a group like this needs to be decently geared. I am seeing Samurai Empyrean +3s being used, so it is not suitable for an entry level group.

Yeah, this is not an entry level strategy and it isn't intended to be. I would say that we could do most of this route with less gear and ilvl though, and we certainly still did most of this route without prime GK. You definately dont need a decked out COR for this route, but strong SAM and RMEA BRD (ideally prime too) are pretty essential to cram all of this into 1h.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2023-10-11 16:57:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »

I returned earlier this year and got in to doing Sortie on a regular basis a couple of months ago. If anyone is interested, I would take some time to share my own low man (& possibly solo) strategies for those mostly looking to acquire easy-ish Sapphires and Starstones for equipment upgrades.

I would say most of this could still be done with +2 empy set. Honestly the real strength comes from Odyssey progression, specifically Nyame B.
[+]
 Shiva.Flowen
By Shiva.Flowen 2023-10-15 15:36:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinxs said: »
AITA
We frequently fight it without the metal and I can tell you it does NOT dispel but will overwrite haste 2 with slow

I have fought it enough without the metal to confirm these but not enough with the metal to confirm what changes for the better.

Also DT will ruin this fight everytime and it comes from lack of procs not healing with sc.

He is certainly possible with 3 + trusts, but i'm pretty sure the metal removes the added effects of his moves. Maybe not all of them? But trying this with a sam multi-stepping it down alone means a few annoying added effects can quickly make this fight go down hill. If getting the metal from the tulittia was propertly worked out (indirect damage thing is flakey), i'm pretty sure 3 + trusts could consistantly push 40k galli by adding Aita to the route and dropping naaks and/or B boss.
By SimonSes 2023-10-15 16:30:36
Link | Quote | Reply

AITA

Ofc it dispels. Add effect depends on TP move being used. Its not a full dispel on Flashflood though, so maybe you just haven't noticed, that you lost few buffs out of like probably 25+
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2023-10-16 12:43:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm working on a guide to help newer players to do Sortie, because it really is a maze. Not so much on how to get key items, because there is an awesome video I know that covers it. Although, I could note some of the more useful ones. I learned a couple of things from the above guide for my own future runs that focuses more on Galli, so thanks for that!
[+]
 Shiva.Liam
By Shiva.Liam 2023-10-16 15:36:39
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
AITA

Ofc it dispels. Add effect depends on TP move being used. Its not a full dispel on Flashflood though, so maybe you just haven't noticed, that you lost few buffs out of like probably 25+

I can see these added effects being a non-issue in a full party zerg, but we played about fighting this without metal and can confirm all the added effects (dispel/stun etc) do/can hit, and it really does come down to the luck of the tp moves/Meva procs. Metal seems to be the same as D and protect you from these added effects, shame its just so annoying/time consuming to get in the sam/cor/brd setup.

One time he decided to use thunder tp move 3x in one fight and basically stun locked me out of my Yaegasumi Skillchains tanking damage output, another attempt he was nicer and i did 70% of his hp in the 45 secs yaeg was up.
 Shiva.Cerderic
user: Cerderic
By Shiva.Cerderic 2023-10-17 13:44:21
Link | Quote | Reply

My solo/duo route (from memory) ~7500 gallimaufry for a perfect run but 6500 being closer to average.

Generally I am BLU, but this route works with other (less-geared) DDs, I just cut the Fomor kills (~1300), Ghatjot (2000), and/or Basement C (300).

Let me start with saying, if you are comfortable killing Ghatjot, then it is much more efficient to start with Trust set 2 and go straight for him (A.2). I'm writing this more for those new to sortie or playing on DD jobs they may not have well-geared. Personally, I find Basement G as the biggest risk to losing the run, and do it last if I have time.

Trusts set 1:
King of Hearts or Koru-Moru
Joachim (recommend AAEV instead if you can't handle Deleterias damage)
Sylvie
Ygnas
Monberaux

Trusts set 2:
King of Hearts or Koru-Moru
Sylvie
Shantotto II
Ulmia
Star Sibyl

(A.) Enter and immediately start heading clockwise through the center wide-scanning in each room for Obdella or Deleterias. 1st stopping at Device A. Cast your buff if you have one. Go to Bitzer A and get naked (//gs equip naked or /equipset 069 if you're really cool).

(B.) Continue clockwise into B and then northeast towards Gadget B, scanning for Porxie. (Often Porxie is my first kill if I didn't see Obdella or Deleterias). He's almost always on the way, sometimes inconveniently sandwiched in umbrils. Thanks to Entomb, I'm pretty reckless with pulls and will fight anything anywhere, but assuming you're not using BLU, you may need to make a long run back to the device. In either event, head down to Device B (checking the map-less room if you didn't find Porxie north). /hurray the device, click Bitzer for another free chest, and take the Bitzer down to F.

F is straightforward, find the exit. I always check down the side-paths (L~6 & K~5). Though it's rarely there, you will regret when you run all the way to the end and don't find it. Equip empy, click exit. Faeries are the only threat, and they don't F around. Having a tank trust here is nice if you need to get hate off to click the device.

(C.) After exiting, warp to Device C. Make sure to check widescan before heading into the Corse room, it can be just north of the Device. Corse are sight for whatever god-forsaken reason. Maybe this is just me, but at least 95% of the time, Bhoot is by the #c-2 door on the way to the skeletons. In-fact, I have only ever seen it here, in the Corse room, and in the elemental room north of Corse. I find constantly skillchaining light (Chant du Cygne) faster than Savage Blade spam for the Bhoot.

(D.) Once the Bhoot is dead, head back to Device C and teleport to D. Drop your wing for a chest. Check widescan just north of the device (even if you did earlier, Deleterias may have roamed a lot by this point). If you already killed Deleterias earlier, the room just north of Device D is the best room to do the 3~6 fomor kills. If you're very well geared and have had pretty good luck with spawns, you can do all 6 in order. If you still need to find Deleterias, head south and make a big circle heading back towards the entrance. Pulling him is almost always risky and you can easily waste a lot of time trying to get him alone, especially if you're not using Entomb. For BLU, pull him, entomb the adds, hit him with something (delta thrust whatever) and run for the nearest device, keeping target on him because he likes to de-aggro after long distances. After Deleterious, depending on time, get your 0-3-6 fomor kills in the room north of Device D. If you aren't sure, come back here at the end. I generally have time to do 6. If you do not have magic spell damage, skip the fomor, the 6 leech kills will take a long time.

I really recommend AAEV as a HP buffer if nothing else, a hand-to-hand or dagger Deleterias is seriously scary. I still get one-shot in 50% DT + Cocoon. Keep occultation up, always recasting after a WS, even if you have blinks remaining, use Sudden Lunge liberally.

(A.2) Once you're positive that you can handle Ghatjot, Do A.2 first so you don't have to swap trusts/bluspells multiple times Head back to the entrance and go north towards Gadget A, getting a chest for opening A-1 gate, and another for resting on the platform just past it. Hopefully find and kill Obdella, otherwise call Trusts set 2, get 6 magic kills on leech or acuex. I find the leeches far more harmless. (You will have to wait for Shantotto to kill if you don't have nukes. Keep in mind King of Hearts CAN kill with melee and does AoE bursts on fire/light skillchains, if this is an issue, swap him for Koru.)

After the 6 magic kills, swap back to trust set 1 and go for Ghatjot. Be sure not to do any water/darkness skillchains. Once I get hate, I slowly back away from the trusts to get them max range from his AoE. Having paid Monberaux his 10k this week is absolutely crucial here, otherwise him and Ygnas will be busy spamming poisona/antidote instead of healing. If you don't have Monberaux, I'd consider a 3rd WHM trust here and be prepared for a long fight, but the 2k galli is worth whatever time it may take, so long as you don't wipe.

Now, find and kill Obdella if you still haven't. He roams between A and D and very occasionally can be found in A or D south of the entrance. He hangs out near the doors sometimes in hallways, making him impossible to find on widescan.

(C.2) For me, this is consistently the riskiest part of the run, solo or duo, so I save it for last. If you're strapped for time and more interested in a chance a Starstones and earrings, you can do this as soon as you kill all 4 roaming bosses. Warp to Device C, rematerialize C mobs, click Bitzer C for a chest, then go down to basement G. Find the exit, lock on it, and stare at it until the chest spawns.

After this, I still have 3~8 minutes remaining, in which I just kill a few more Fomor or cleave the remaining leeches and acuex in A. I believe adding in opening B gates in order before Porxie for the 600 galli may be a better use of time than 3 additional fomor, especially if you're not well geared.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-10-17 14:28:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Cerderic said: »
I believe adding in opening B gates in order before Porxie for the 600 galli may be a better use of time than 3 additional fomor, especially if you're not well geared.

Does this work? I thought the Porxie chest was from having cleared the "Fast kills" objective, not from getting the doors chest.
 Shiva.Cerderic
By Shiva.Cerderic 2023-10-17 15:15:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
Does this work? I thought the Porxie chest was from having cleared the "Fast kills" objective, not from getting the doors chest.
You're correct. This is probably why I stopped doing that part. Maybe I will attempt adding in 3 umbrils and see how that goes. Honestly stepped away from Sortie a few months ago. I'll make an edit tonight if I get a chance to try it.
[+]
By drakefs 2023-10-17 15:24:24
Link | Quote | Reply

After the 6 magic kills, swap back to trust set 1 and go for Ghatjot. Be sure not to do any water/darkness skillchains. Once I get hate, I slowly back away from the trusts to get them max range from his AoE. Having paid Monberaux his 10k this week is absolutely crucial here

Unless something has changed, if Monberaux uses dark potion, they will enrage Ghatjot. I only used Monberaux a couple times at the release of sortie and we saw this behavior a few times.
 Shiva.Cerderic
By Shiva.Cerderic 2023-10-17 15:47:17
Link | Quote | Reply

drakefs said: »
Unless something has changed, if Monberaux uses dark potion, they will enrage Ghatjot. I only used Monberaux a couple times at the release of sortie and we saw this behavior a few times.
I've been curious about this, but I've either never seen him use it on Ghatjot or it doesn't set off enrage because it's never happened in my 100 or so runs since I've been doing Ghatjot. I did only start adding him into my run about 6 months ago, so perhaps it has changed. Or he just doesn't get any free time to use it when solo. Sorry I keep editing--I can definitely confirm Arciela's darkness melee attacks set it off. Do not use Arciela for this fight.
[+]
By Shichishito 2023-10-17 22:56:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Afaik only water based attacks trigger ghatjot and dhartok rage and I'm pretty sure monberaux dark potion is dark based, at least he never triggered rage for me and I pretty much always used him.
I assume you're confusing it with darkness skillchains? Darkness SCs are associated with dark/earth/ice/water, the water alignment is what causes the trigger.
I can definitely confirm Arciela's darkness melee attacks set it off.
They do?
According to wiki Arcielas auto attacks deal light damage regardless of stance and most of her weaponskills seem to be party targeting buffs. Dynastic Gravitas targets enemies but it inflicts amnesia so i'd assume it's fire based?

If you're referring to Arciela II - she has access to elemental nukes, Reverberation and Distortion weaponskills so she definitely can trigger.
By K123 2023-10-18 02:33:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Some people say water or dark both can.
 Asura.Splendid
Server: Asura
user: BlindLis
By Asura.Splendid 2023-10-18 08:53:52
Link | Quote | Reply

When I do solo runs of Sortie I do Gravitation skillchains on Ghatjot to kill him. Aero > Noctohelix. Noctohelix never causes him to go SSJ and it never causes him to heal. Darkness skillchains will 100% heal him though.
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-10-18 11:16:01
Link | Quote | Reply

K123 said: »
Some people say water or dark both can.

Dark damage doesn't do anything. Some people just don't understand that Darkness or Distortion will make damage of element that target is weakest against. Usually when some mobs has absorption against some element, it's also set to lowest resist (resist rank) against that element, so if you heal it, you heal it for massive "damage".

A and E bosses are super weak to water, meaning Distortion and Darkness will do water damage. They also absorb water, so they will absorb Distortion and Darkness damage and that will trigger massive damage (x3 absorbed damage) from some TP moves.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [184 days between previous and next post]
By DucNerval 2024-04-19 15:27:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Happy farming!

If people are interested, we also have 3 man + trust strategies for all omen bosses, dyna D bosses + wave 3 farming, TC, a lot of other random stuff like ambu VDs etc.

Thanks for the global breakdown of your duo/trio strategy guy's.
Where can i check your low man strat for TC or Wave 3 farming for example ?
Regards,
By K123 2024-04-20 02:28:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Kin, Kei, Fu, Gin are all easy with 2 chars.
Kin DD/DRG + BRD
Kei DD with aeonic + BRD
Fu DD + WHM
Gin any DD and trusts is easy, use BRD or WHM for second char if you want

Kyou you can take WHM plus 2 DDs and just sac one each time it uses Bravado and Arise and recover, at 10% let one DD die and the other finish it. If you have PUP then you can sac pet and take one DD and WHM.

TC I am most interested in hearing about.
By DucNerval 2024-04-21 10:08:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Kin DD/DRG + BRD
Kei DD with aeonic + BRD
Fu DD + WHM

Kyou you can take WHM plus 2 DDs and just sac one each time it uses Bravado and Arise and recover, at 10% let one DD die and the other finish it. If you have PUP then you can sac pet and take one DD and WHM.

Maybe that's why noone asked for Omen low man strat'
By K123 2024-04-21 15:36:40
Link | Quote | Reply

DucNerval said: »
Kin DD/DRG + BRD
Kei DD with aeonic + BRD
Fu DD + WHM

Maybe that's why noone asked for Omen low man strat'
That's why no-one said no-one said that. I was responding to Flowen and making the point for any new players that think 3 chars are needed.
First Page 2