Treasures Of Vanadiel Live Stream (3rd Party)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Treasures of Vanadiel Live Stream (3rd party)
Treasures of Vanadiel Live Stream (3rd party)
By Felgarr 2023-08-18 22:44:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know if this person is affiliated with Square Enix, but they held a 3-hour live stream earlier today, for the first day of Treasures of Vanadiel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozzf6PsX514

She goes through most/if not all of the items available for purchase and even poses with Director Fujito for a photo opportunity. I am grateful for being able to watch this, as a third party, but I am also filled with jealous rage for how poorly SE treats it's foreign customers.

[+]
By waffle 2023-08-19 08:02:48
Link | Quote | Reply

That's Emiri Kato, a veteran Japanese voice actress. She's also a long time FFXI player. She's not an SE employee, but she is the voice actress for Lilisette in anything SE needs her voiced. So, the dissidia mobile game, the grand blue crossover, those famitsu voiced cutscenes, etc.
[+]
By Felgarr 2023-08-19 18:41:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Woah, I had no idea. Thank you for sharing that fact.
[+]
By Zubis 2023-08-24 16:39:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for posting that.

I wouldn't worry too much about the merch, SE will definitely hook you up later.

As for the event itself, yeah I'd love to be there. I even got a bit misty looking at the stream knowing I would never be at a FFXI event again. But it is what it is.
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2023-08-24 18:12:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I need that pillow in the screen shot :|
[+]
By Felgarr 2023-08-24 18:14:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Niflheim said: »
I need that pillow in the screen shot :|

Me too! SE did say something to the effect of US folks being able to order at a later date, but given that they have an open contract position for an English translator, I won't hold my breath.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinxs
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2023-08-24 23:24:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have the link to the items on sale?
 Fenrir.Jinxs
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2023-08-26 18:30:10
Link | Quote | Reply

https://finalfantasyxi-exhibition.com/goods/
 Cerberus.Balloon
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Balloon 2023-08-26 21:45:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually having seen these, I am very sad these are not coming to the west.

Some of them are great. That chocobo POL key ring. The shirts.

I don’t see why some of those types of items shouldn’t be accessible, even if they don’t do the aegis pillow of whatever.
By Draylo 2023-08-26 22:22:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I want a bunch of them :(
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2023-08-26 23:02:03
Link | Quote | Reply

waffle said: »
That's Emiri Kato, a veteran Japanese voice actress. She's also a long time FFXI player. She's not an SE employee, but she is the voice actress for Lilisette in anything SE needs her voiced. So, the dissidia mobile game, the grand blue crossover, those famitsu voiced cutscenes, etc.
Katou Emiri and Nakamaru Yuuchi appeared many times on the official FFXI YouTube channel on their "WE REMEMBER VANA'DIEL" program (last one ep was in Apri 2022). So her relationship with the FFXI title extends a little further than what you described.

Nakamura has a variety channel with Mafia Kajita, last month they had a Treasures of Vanadiel stream, where they showed a lot of goods:
YouTube Video Placeholder
By Tarage 2023-08-27 08:58:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I had a proxy buy mine.
By Felgarr 2023-09-10 14:36:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Translation from this Japanese post. SE is doing another Treasures of Vanadiel Event in Osaka, which is from Dec 22nd to Jan. 8th.
Code
★ FFXI Vana'diel Treasure Exhibition will be held in Osaka! Click here for details
 December 22nd (Friday) - January 8th, 2024 (Monday)
It's a little far away, but it's been decided that the event will be held in Osaka!
For those of you who cried because you couldn't see it in Tokyo, don't miss this chance.
We have also started accepting orders for goods!

Yes, that is the actual translation. I don't understand SE sometimes. Anyway, here's the source:

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/61106-%E3%83%90%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E3%83%A7%E3%83%B3%E3%82%A2%E3%83%83%E3%83%97%E3%82%92%E8%AA%9E%E3%82%8B%E3%82%B9%E3%83%AC-23%E5%B9%B49%E6%9C%88
By Draylo 2023-09-10 14:40:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Tarage said: »
I had a proxy buy mine.

Is it a service they offer or someone you know
By Shenaniganz 2023-09-10 21:20:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Felgarr said: »
Translation from this Japanese post. SE is doing another Treasures of Vanadiel Event in Osaka, which is from Dec 22nd to Jan. 8th.
Code
★ FFXI Vana'diel Treasure Exhibition will be held in Osaka! Click here for details
 December 22nd (Friday) - January 8th, 2024 (Monday)
It's a little far away, but it's been decided that the event will be held in Osaka!
For those of you who cried because you couldn't see it in Tokyo, don't miss this chance.
We have also started accepting orders for goods!

Yes, that is the actual translation. I don't understand SE sometimes. Anyway, here's the source:

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/61106-%E3%83%90%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E3%83%A7%E3%83%B3%E3%82%A2%E3%83%83%E3%83%97%E3%82%92%E8%AA%9E%E3%82%8B%E3%82%B9%E3%83%AC-23%E5%B9%B49%E6%9C%88
lol, where did this translation come from? I'm assuming Google since it spat out the same thing when I threw it in there.

The "For those of you who cried part" is a poor rendering of the phrase 涙を呑む, which does mean something like "choke back your tears" or "hold in your tears," but it's more generally used when discussing someone holding in their emotions or frustration.

Anyway, the blurb is saying something closer to (this is rough 'cause I'm at work): "If you were disappointed about not being able to attend the Tokyo event, then don't miss this chance!"

It should also be noted that the Osaka event will be held over the New Year national holidays and when many people take time off, as opposed to the initial event which was sort of on the tail end of the Japanese summer holiday period. There were a fair number of tweets/replies saying the initial event period wasn't very doable.

And yes this little blurb here isn't terribly considerate of foreign players, unfortunately.

I made it to the Tokyo event and since I live near Osaka I will probably go again in December so I can blow all my money on XI merch.
[+]
By Tarage 2023-09-11 06:43:52
Link | Quote | Reply

If anyone knows a proxy in Osaka, i would love to have a chance at that jacket...
By Tarage 2023-09-11 06:44:47
Link | Quote | Reply

It was someone I googled. Don't know of anyone in osaka though...
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [59 days between previous and next post]
 Ragnarok.Trixi
user: Trixi
By Ragnarok.Trixi 2023-11-09 14:31:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Still waiting for this stuff to eventually be available online :(

Seems like they added even more https://finalfantasyxi-exhibition.com/goods/
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [81 days between previous and next post]
 Ragnarok.Trixi
By Ragnarok.Trixi 2024-01-29 09:05:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Online orders are back up!

https://special.movic.jp/shop/special/finalfantasyxi-ex-osaka.aspx

I always recommend using Japan Rabbit as the proxy to buy stuff like this.

Everyone get extra gacha items so we can trade later.

Also remember to adjust your clothing sizing appropriately since they are Asian sized. Usually the next size up works out well.

Edit: Someone posted this on reddit and may help others: https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/1adlpq8/mail_order_for_ffxi_exhibit_merch_is_open_until/kk3dyf3/
[+]
By Felgarr 2024-01-29 10:21:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Trixi said: »
Online orders are back up!

https://special.movic.jp/shop/special/finalfantasyxi-ex-osaka.aspx

I always recommend using Japan Rabbit as the proxy to buy stuff like this.

Everyone get extra gacha items so we can trade later.

Also remember to adjust your clothing sizing appropriately since they are Asian sized. Usually the next size up works out well.

Thank you for sharing this! I see there is some new items. Are you able to explain the Catalog at the very bottom? Is that something included when you order 3 or more items?
 Ragnarok.Trixi
By Ragnarok.Trixi 2024-01-29 10:42:01
Link | Quote | Reply

The "catalog" is a limit of 3 per purchase, same with a lot of the other items there having purchase limits within a single purchase. Nothing is free/bonus there.

It's a picture book of various dev stuff, the exhibit itself, etc.
[+]