Enhanced "debuffed" Addon?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Windower » Support » enhanced "debuffed" addon?
enhanced "debuffed" addon?
By sedosan 2023-07-20 10:26:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm running a 6 box and one of the alts is a RDM with almost full debuffing gear.

When I send a debuff via //send "Debuffed" will show the base duration of that spell and that's it.

Is there a way to show the actual length of the debuff on the mob?
I also noticed that debuffed does NOT clear the timer if the mob erase the debuff.

Anyone knows of a way to overcome these issues? as well as sabotuer effect on mobs vs NMs.
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2023-07-20 10:29:55
Link | Quote | Reply

The server does not provide perfect data on mob debuffs.
We do not know the ACTUAL length of the debuff just the range that if will fall between.
We also do not always get information about when a debuff wears off especially when a mob removes multiple at once.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2023-07-20 10:38:59
Link | Quote | Reply

There are ways to calculate what the duration should be, but we get no information from the game regarding the duration.

But they are guesses, and can be wrong if resists happen, but you can also reliably calculate what those resist times might be.

The issue is that every rdm in existence has slightly different gear, so if you wanted it universal, you'd need to account for that.

AKA, need to know what Rxx your JSE neck is (not visible in current extdata), need to know how many merits are spent in enfeeble duration, need to know if wearing kishar/Regal cuffs/snotra earring, etc.
[+]
By sedosan 2023-07-20 10:53:11
Link | Quote | Reply

True, i made a spreadsheet that calculates exactly the duration time but was hoping to see it reflected on "Debuffed".

I'm thinking to just manually update the durations based on my gear and use those new numebrs.
 Asura.Yottaxa
Server: Asura
user: Yottaxa
By Asura.Yottaxa 2023-07-20 13:39:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Around a year ago, I began working on a modified version of debuffed that will account for most/all scenarios on rdm, but it requires alot of user pre-input (JP,Gear,Merrits,etc) and ultimately had it working very decently, before Empy+3. It still works fairly accurately but I think I had a calculation error somewhere where certain durations were off a bit for empy+3.

However all this provides is the maximum possible durations, and there is nothing we can do for resists, except hope that debuffed sees the packet for the debuff dropping. Its very easy to not get that info from the server. But as others said, there really isnt much concrete info sent from the server to begin with, its just calculations client side of max duration.

If there's any interest I would probably post it as-is, but its in my plans to go back and retool the equations eventually. In its current state, it provide accurate (within 10secs) timers for the rdm debuffs and has built in audio cues for debuffes dropping, if the addon sees it. (This was quite useful when I was farming Odin HTBF)

Edit: One interesting issue I ran into was that there is no way from the server I could find that would tell you if a mob was an NM or not, so I had to make a decision to always assume the mob is a NM when applying durations under sabo. TLDR: its a big pita.
[+]
 Bahamut.Bizarro
Server: Bahamut
user: bizarro
By Bahamut.Bizarro 2023-07-20 13:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yottaxa said: »
Around a year ago, I began working on a modified version of debuffed that will account for most/all scenarios on rdm, but it requires alot of user pre-input (JP,Gear,Merrits,etc) and ultimately had it working very decently, before Empy+3. It still works fairly accurately but I think I had a calculation error somewhere where certain durations were off a bit for empy+3.

However all this provides is the maximum possible durations, and there is nothing we can do for resists, except hope that debuffed sees the packet for the debuff dropping. Its very easy to not get that info from the server. But as others said, there really isnt much concrete info sent from the server to begin with, its just calculations client side of max duration.

If there's any interest I would probably post it as-is, but its in my plans to go back and retool the equations eventually. In its current state, it provide accurate (within 10secs) timers for the rdm debuffs and has built in audio cues for debuffes dropping, if the addon sees it. (This was quite useful when I was farming Odin HTBF)

Edit: One interesting issue I ran into was that there is no way from the server I could find that would tell you if a mob was an NM or not, so I had to make a decision to always assume the mob is a NM when applying durations under sabo. TLDR: its a big pita.

Plenty of interest I imagine
 Asura.Yottaxa
Server: Asura
user: Yottaxa
By Asura.Yottaxa 2023-07-20 16:07:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if this is actually going to help with the OP's issues, but I have released it over here in a separate thread to play with.

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/57402/debuffed-modified-for-rdm-w-audio-cues/#3672490
By sedosan 2023-07-21 10:55:23
Link | Quote | Reply

That's great, thanks for sharing!
I'll probably try to tweak a bit as well to make it all dynamic.

even though i'm not main-ing the RDM i'll somehow try to make the RDM account send the data to all alts and display the tweaked duration...

I'm using "Silmaril" if anyone is interested, it's an app that controls all your other alts to help multi-boxers in automating all accounts in battle, the author is working hard to add new features every update, I believe debuffing will be introduced soon. Hopefully it will solve this issue.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [47 days between previous and next post]
By alamihgo 2023-09-06 20:10:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Piggybacking off this thread, I am using Kenshi's Debuffing lua but I want to track the application of Rayke and Gambit. Does anyone know how I could manually alter the lua to do so?