Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Update on JC Custom Designs 3D Printed REMAs
Update on JC Custom Designs 3D Printed REMAs
By Drayco 2023-07-20 09:05:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Good morning FFXI Fam,

I wanted to update everybody here on the changes happening with this venture.

TL:DR - I have posted all of my digital files on Etsy. I will continue to make new REMA, but will only offer them as digital files. I will randomly make physical items when I have the time and ability and post them on the shop.

I know my last post was telling everybody about how things were going to keep going and keep growing, but unfortunately that is not the case any longer. What started out as an incredibly fun process of designing, printing, and packaging orders has turned my free time into a full time 3D Printer repair center. For the past few months I would have a feeling of dread anytime a new order came in, wondering just what was going to break down this time and if I'd be able to actually make the parts on time. I realized (later than I should have) that something has to change.

I started out with 1 Creality CR-10 and quickly realized I was going to need more machines to keep up with demand. I was up to 4 CR-10 and 4 Ender 3 printers running near non-stop for a while. Slowly each one of those machine kept breaking down worse and worse, to the point it didn't make any sense to keep fixing them as the repairs were becoming more expensive than the machines value. These machines are just not designed to be ran non-stop for years.

I did build a DIY kit printer called the Voron 2.4. This machine seemed like the best option for my needs. I had hoped that once it was built and assembled it would be a reliable and easy to repair machine. It's turned out to be an easy to repair machine, but it is far from reliable.

I do plan to keep designing new weapons, but I will be releasing them as digital only for now. Yagrush and Eschutcheon are two that I was never able to release in the store.

All of my weapons can be printed at 100% scale on a 300x300x400 machine like the CR-10. Some can be printed at 100% scale on a 230x230x300 machine like the Ender 3. I've specified in the item descriptions if it can or cannot be printed on a Ender 3.

I would love to still help anybody printing or painting my models, so please just ask any questions you have.

Thank you to everyone for the support over the last few years doing this. I won't be posting when new items get launched here on the forums anymore. Please follow my store on Etsy or Facebook for updates.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [193 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Icilies
Guildwork Premium
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: icilies
By Asura.Icilies 2024-01-29 19:52:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Been out of loop for long time but ran across this.

I want to still thank you so much for sending me that Kraken Club. For some reason you labeled it Shellbuster but it's ok.

Hope you're doing well
[+]