Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Windower » Support » Forced blink without changing gear
Forced blink without changing gear
By RadialArcana 2023-04-30 06:39:53
Link | Quote | Reply

How difficult would it be to create an addon that does a simple blink a second after entering Escha Ru'aun and Ru'aun gardens?

There is a minor bug where any kind of glow equipment glows at a far higher intensity when you zone into these areas, a simple blink via weapon change etc fixes it but it's annoying to manually do it when using lock-styles.

Would it be possible to make a really small addon that checks for zone into specific areas mentioned and forces a blink?

This happens with Tartarus platemail, afterglow weapons the light saber weapons etc
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2023-04-30 07:28:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty easy with access to memory, there's a single byte at the end of model flags that can be set to 1 to force a blink.
[+]
 Asura.Frod
Server: Asura
By Asura.Frod 2023-04-30 14:12:42
Link | Quote | Reply

this isn't exclusive to escha zones, i've seen it on my REMA after zoning to cities.
By RadialArcana 2023-04-30 14:29:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not really sure why it happens. As I said you can fix it instantly with a blink by taking your weapon off and back on so it's not a huge deal, but it's a minor annoyance.

It's annoying to me because I've been making effect mods and it's more prominent, although it happens on every normal glow equip too.

Was hoping there was some simple lua script that could just force a blink but it appears to be bit more involved.

example

zone in and after a blink to how it should look for example

[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2023-04-30 21:43:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Huh. Tartarus wings look really good with the Twilight set. Neat.
[+]
By AegParm 2023-05-01 14:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

You could have a lua running that does a check when you zone, and if the zone equals whatever zone you want to blink in, have it wait for load then some series of commands to blink. If that's unloading dress up, changing ammo/setting a lockstyle, then loading dressup again, or something to that forces a blink for you.

windower.register_event('zone change',
function(new, old)
if (new== --zone IDs you want to blink in) then
wait and do the blink events
elseif
end
end)
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-05-01 15:06:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Huh. Tartarus wings look really good with the Twilight set. Neat.

They look "better" in black and white but are incapable of looking "good"

Dog turds +1 are still dog turds.