Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Windower » Support » some accounts crash in multibox setup
some accounts crash in multibox setup
By sedosan 2023-04-13 15:44:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I just started using multiboxing for the first time yesterday and I got me 5 new accounts. Using a lot of veteran players tips I got started just fine.
Now that I started playing. Some of my 5 accounts crash as soon as a battle ends. The weird thing is that it's not always the same account. In one instance account number 5 is the only one crashing. In another instance it's accounts 2, 3 and 5. I can't recall the other instances.

All accounts are running exactly the same plugins so if one crashes all should crash! but that's not the case.

I suspected it might be a job issue with maybe some gearswap problems, I unloaded gearswap completely but I still face the same issue. I disabled all plugins/addons that have to do with specific jobs but I still crash.

I have a 2 monitor setup (extended) and I run the main account on monitor 1, and 5 accounts on monitor 2 (4k 85" TV) using WinControl to give each char a segment of the tv (divided in 6 portions) using "position_manager" addon to recognize the position of each multibox account.
By sedosan 2023-04-13 16:06:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, I might have spoken too soon.
I noticed "Distance Plus" set parameters based on job.
also noticed "Battlemod" setps parameters based on job.

I unloaded both and no more crashes.

I'll deal with those later!
 Ragnarok.Siyual
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Siyual
By Ragnarok.Siyual 2023-04-13 17:30:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you running the Sandbox plug-in? Chat logs all store data in the same folder in the PlayOnline directory, and sometimes that causes issues when multiple accounts try to access the same resource files concurrently, which causes them to crash.

This is extremely noticeable looking at various characters' chat logs, and seeing chat events from other sessions.

The Sandbox plug-in (not add-on) will force the game to write those files to separate folders for each character, preventing cross talk crashes.
[+]
By sedosan 2023-04-14 18:36:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for your reply, I just checked my settings and Sandbox plugin is already activated and running. Am I missing something?