SCH Gear Suggestions And Discussion. (Large Post Warning)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » SCH Gear Suggestions and Discussion. (Large post warning)
SCH Gear Suggestions and Discussion. (Large post warning)
 Remora.Dubont
Server: Remora
Game: FFXI
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-10-14 23:33:20
Link | Quote | Reply

not you <.< her
 Remora.Ninian
Server: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-10-14 23:34:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Dubont said:
not you <.< her

I know, my response holds. <_<
[+]
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-10-14 23:42:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Aaroca said:
Thats an oddly specific amount of time
lol'd.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Chefm
Server: Asura
user: Chefm
By Asura.Chefm 2009-10-15 08:49:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Im a Elvaan SCH75 Long time and I've come to found out SCH Macc is the highest and can get even higher... Weather-Obi's-etc... But SCH cant hit for crap. This :

Nukeing

Is why i think wht a SCH realy needs in NUKEing( I did the calautions and it came up to be 2.5k Tier4...)

Then Light Art i mean come on ur a ELvann!! We have to lost MP pool out there..

Healing
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-10-15 09:17:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Tails said:
http://kanican.livejournal.com/34049.html

For nuking setup, try and get your int to 120, and your Ele skill to 320. Seems to me like you`re lacking in the Elemental skill department. Try out Genie Gages, Scholar`s gown +1 and an Elemental torque instead.

My Cure setup:
input /equip Main "Light staff"; (+10% Cure)
input /equip sub "staff strap"; (- Enmity +MP)
input /equip Ear2 "Antivenom earring"; (+MP)
input /equip Ear1 "loquacious earring"; (+Mp and Fast cast)
input /equip Body "Royal redingote"; (Fast cast and M.Acc)
input /equip Hands "Scholar's bracers"; (Mnd + Enmity - Spell Int. Rate %)
input /equip Ring1 "Serket Ring"; (MP+)
input /equip Ring2 "Ether Ring"; (MP+)
input /equip waist "Penitent's rope"; (Enmity - Mnd +)
input /equip legs "Scholar's pants"; (Enhances Light arts)
input /equip Neck "Hedgehog bomb"; (MP + Enmity -)
input /equip head "Selenian Cap"; (Cure Pot. +, Mnd + Fast cast +)
input /equip feet "Scholar's loafers"; (Fast cast +)
input /equip back "Miraculous cape"; (Mnd + Enmity -)

When curing on scholar, I think someone said it before, but you want to stack fast cast and -enmity. Swap out your belt for a penitent`s rope, Your Argute bracers for Scholar`s bracers, and your altruistic for something with -enmity. Once your Cures hit cap, there`s no reason to increase healing magic skill on Sch.

Edit: I also use the korin obi if I`m not lazy for an extra 10% cure Pot. Aurorastorm is pretty nice.

This is interesting because from the get go people saw my AF hands and said 'No' lol. The WHM Aspect of Light Arts i pretty much have the preference of as much MP+ and Emnity- as possible and it seems i have accomplished a set to my liking.

That live journal post however is interesting but the fact that i'm not taru will obviously work against me in this aspect. The thing that did catch my eye was the whole 320/120 conversation.

So if i'm understanding correctly the goal in that is to have 320 Elemental Magic Skill and 120 INT total.

At 75 SCH under dark arts has 256 skill. I would have to cap merits in Elemental Magic (which is planned alongside enfeeble). This would add 16 skill and give a new total of 272.

User submitted image

Here is my high resist set i came up with, but i find myself somehow unhappy with it. This adds +44 Elemental Magic Skill which brings the new total to 316. I'm not sure if there is even a way to bring that to 320 and even if there was, this set only adds +26 INT.

Because i am not level 75 yet i have no idea what my base INT will be as a 75 SCH. I might try to look up a chart somewhere unless someone has a fast answer for an Elvaan.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-10-15 09:43:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Hoho... looks like i forgot Dark Arts with AF body gives Elemental Magic Skill+15, Enfeebling Magic skill +15, and Dark Magic skill +15.

This actually brings the total of Elemental Magic Skill to 331 O.O; But i guess this is where i need to trade off a little skill for more INT.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-10-15 09:50:05
Link | Quote | Reply

A notable food for this is going to have to be:

User submitted image

Assuming this is acceptable to bring you to 120 INT. I'm still searching for the base INT on a 75 SCH elvaan.
 Ifrit.Zadora
Server: Ifrit
user: Zad
By Ifrit.Zadora 2009-10-15 10:00:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Since your at 331 I would switch out the Druid's slops and Numerist pumps for Mahatma slops and Goliard clogs. Also if your using Argute belt and not elemental obis you can max out Stormsurge and use Hailstorm to give you +7 int.
 Ifrit.Zadora
By Ifrit.Zadora 2009-10-15 10:07:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Also you can try getting a Desamilion's earring from the Automaton Assault ENM.
User submitted image
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-10-15 10:12:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Zadora said:
Since your at 331 I would switch out the Druid's slops and Numerist pumps for Mahatma slops and Goliard clogs. Also if your using Argute belt and not elemental obis you can max out Stormsurge and use Hailstorm to give you +7 int.

User submitted image

Ok let's give this a go, we subtracted -5 Elemental Magic Skill in exchange for INT+8 Emnity-4 (Druid->Mahatma). After that we took out the numerist pumps and subtracted -4 Elemental Magic Skill but added INT+4 and Macc+2 from the goliard.

This gives us a new total of 322 Elemental Magic Skill and +38 INT without food or stormsurge/hailstorm.

So theoretically we can add +14 INT when using both, which would bring INT to base +51.

I don't want to have to rely on Hailstorm unless it doesn't matter which weather effect you use. But then again it could give that to the entire party (useful for manaburn).

I really like where this is going now.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-10-15 10:21:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Well i just had a minor thought which kinda makes me unhappy with things now, i lack MAB completely now. The set has Magic Accuracy+21 but Magic Attack Bonus+0.

Is this a huge deal?
 Lakshmi.Aaroca
Server: Lakshmi
user: Damii
By Lakshmi.Aaroca 2009-10-15 10:25:08
Link | Quote | Reply

"This is interesting because from the get go people saw my AF hands and said 'No' lol. The WHM Aspect of Light Arts i pretty much have the preference of as much MP+ and Emnity- as possible and it seems i have accomplished a set to my liking."

Well if you ever DO do dynamis, SCH AF2 goes pretty much freelot most of the time. Same amount of ENM- same amount of MND, 3 more int, 7 enfeebling skill and 5 more MP.
 Lakshmi.Aaroca
By Lakshmi.Aaroca 2009-10-15 10:25:41
Link | Quote | Reply

That's your resist set, no.
 Lakshmi.Aaroca
By Lakshmi.Aaroca 2009-10-15 10:28:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Well honestly, it always depends what you are fighting, you can always add in more MAB if you know you wont need that much ELE skill/INT and so on.

EDIT: Not to stack on the sets here but, you also would want a max MAB set for Helices.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-10-15 10:32:58
Link | Quote | Reply

So basically i now have the two distinguished sets correctly modified right?

User submitted image

User submitted image

The top one is the High resist or HNM/endgame style setup, while the bottom one is for Manaburns, Missions/Quests, Certain back end events.

Everyone's input with knowledge on SCH gear would be VERY much appreciated and i thank everyone for their time in helping me with this.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-10-15 10:36:52
Link | Quote | Reply

This is frustrating as hell i can't for the life of me figure out what a 75 Elvaan SCH's base INT is... theres only one logged on in my server and i've already sent a tell 2-3 times with no reply.

I checked all over the wiki as well, and on other sites will skill caps and NOTHING.
 Lakshmi.Aaroca
By Lakshmi.Aaroca 2009-10-15 10:40:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, and the bottom set can be used for Helices.
Though I would still push for you to use goliard feet or hands. SCH's ele skill is a B+ with Dark Arts activated so we do need a little bit more acc admittingly.

Also, what do you use when uggy necklace isnt activated?
 Lakshmi.Aaroca
By Lakshmi.Aaroca 2009-10-15 10:44:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Clinpachi said:
This is frustrating as hell i can't for the life of me figure out what a 75 Elvaan SCH's base INT is... theres only one logged on in my server and i've already sent a tell 2-3 times with no reply.

I checked all over the wiki as well, and on other sites will skill caps and NOTHING.

I think at this point you can tell I'm bored but googling has led me to this : A naked Elvaan SCH/RDM with 5/5 INT merits and 8/8 Elemental Magic merits has 69 INT and 272 Elemental Magic skill under Dark Arts.

so if you dont have INT merits, 64 INT while /RDM.

Here's the link I found will probably be helpful for you: http://ffxi-magicide.blogspot.com/2009/01/elvaan-sch-hnm-nuking-set.html
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-10-15 10:47:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Aaroca said:
Clinpachi said:

I think at this point you can tell I'm bored but googling has led me to this : A naked Elvaan SCH/RDM with 5/5 INT merits and 8/8 Elemental Magic merits has 69 INT and 272 Elemental Magic skill under Dark Arts.

so if you dont have INT merits, 64 INT while /RDM.

Here's the link I found will probably be helpful for you: http://ffxi-magicide.blogspot.com/2009/01/elvaan-sch-hnm-nuking-set.html

THANK YOU lol.

Aaroca said:
Yes, and the bottom set can be used for Helices.
Though I would still push for you to use goliard feet or hands. SCH's ele skill is a B+ with Dark Arts activated so we do need a little bit more acc admittingly.

Also, what do you use when uggy necklace isnt activated?

Absolutely nothing, just the ugg for MP+20 until latent. Was thinking when i actually farm to buy one ele torque?. And the only reason i did yigit on the bottom set was to add more MAB, if you think goliard would be better just let me know.

More opinions and input from others would also be awesome D:
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-10-15 10:52:51
Link | Quote | Reply

so 64+51 INT when using food and SS/Hailstorm. That's only 115 without merits into INT. Somehow WITH INT merits you would hit 120 exactly on the nose.

So the high resist set seems to be perfect with max merits. This includes endgame/hnm correct?
 Ifrit.Zadora
By Ifrit.Zadora 2009-10-15 10:57:57
Link | Quote | Reply

In my opinion your three neck pieces should be Ugga Pendant, Elemental Torque, and Prudence Torque. Also don't forget when your nuking you can use Ebullience to increase your damage.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-10-15 11:01:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Zadora said:
In my opinion your three neck pieces should be Ugga Pendant, Elemental Torque, and Prudence Torque. Also don't forget when your nuking you can use Ebullience to increase your damage.

Prudence would have to be left out due to lack of sea god events, same situation as the before mention novio earring. And yeah i've already used Ebullience more times than i can count.
 Lakshmi.Aaroca
By Lakshmi.Aaroca 2009-10-15 11:02:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Enlightened Chain also isnt bad if you're on a budget. Or Philomath.
 Carbuncle.Okamiwolf
Server: Carbuncle
user: okamiwolf
By Carbuncle.Okamiwolf 2009-10-15 11:04:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Also available from the Sky Treasure Caskets is the Caract Choker which gives MAB +2 all the time.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-10-15 11:08:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Okamiwolf said:
Also available from the Sky Treasure Caskets is the Caract Choker which gives MAB +2 all the time.

THAT is probably the winner since i already will have +12 active at all times on second set. I never even noticed that piece before. Philomath would be a good temporary.
 Ifrit.Zadora
By Ifrit.Zadora 2009-10-15 11:09:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry if I missed it, but what are the augments you are going to put on the Royal Redingote?
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-10-15 11:10:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Zadora said:
Sorry if I missed it, but what are the augments you are going to put on the Royal Redingote?

Oh that was another question i was going to ask, i threw away my Nuevo last night.

I know the obvious choices to debate are:

Magic Acc. +4
Magic Att. Bonus +4
Fast Cast +5

Attempting ACP again within the next few days since my fiance and two good friends both still haven't won yet.

The Redingote would probably only be used during the lower end nuking within manaburns/events or non HNM/endgame.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-10-15 11:17:36
Link | Quote | Reply

OP has been updated with the high resist set.
 Ifrit.Zadora
By Ifrit.Zadora 2009-10-15 11:21:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Depending how willing you are to gamble you can try and augment your snow ring in FoV in Valley of Sorrows. This is the augment I got.
User submitted image

Every ring we did that night got the magic attack bonus so there might be a high chance of getting that augment.