Forum » FFXI » General » Issues with AF upgrade to 119
Issues with AF upgrade to 119
 Odin.Eohuo
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Eohuo
By Odin.Eohuo 2017-11-03 16:14:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi Everyone, I am curious if anyone else is currently having an issue upgrading from 109 to 119? Right now I am trying to upgrade a 109 Convoker's Spats to 119. Trading Chapter9 x8, siren's hair, exalted lumber and the 109 spats, but every time instead of initiating the upgrade, Monisette only takes the chapters. I have upgraded multiple other items previously, but this is the first time I am having this issue. Curious if this is a temporary glitch and also wondering if there is a workaround?
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-11-03 16:18:47
Link | Quote | Reply

there are battlefield requirements to upgrade pieces to the 119 level, and they vary based on the equipment family (artifact, relic, empyrean). For artifact, here is the link that goes over the basics.

If you have completed this already and are having issues, check and see if Monisette is waiting to give you a piece back that you've forgotten about. She won't start reforging a piece, even if the time has passed properly, until you collect the current piece. Just a possible thought.
 Odin.Eohuo
By Odin.Eohuo 2017-11-03 16:19:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I am full completion on everything in game, so its not the pre-req. Also, I just received my 109 spats back from her - doing a back-to-back day trade in. So I am at a loss.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-11-03 16:24:10
Link | Quote | Reply

only thing I can think to try then is the old IT solution- reset it. Zone out, and then try again. And try talking to her (you likely already have) without trading, seeing if there's some wackaloon dialogue that happens the first time you do a 109->119 upgrade (again, making an assumption this is your first piece of 119, if its not well crap).

Sorry for lack of solution- hopefully this has happened to someone else and they found a fix!
 Odin.Eohuo
By Odin.Eohuo 2017-11-03 16:26:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm going to close this out. I was an idiot and forgot that I had them in storage. *facepalm*
 Asura.Azriel
Server: Asura
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2017-11-03 16:27:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Double check and triple check every storage option.