Pokémon GO! - (Savage)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Pokémon GO! - (Savage)
Pokémon GO! - (Savage)
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 61 62 63
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-07-21 22:00:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, you can literally buy an android phone that is operational enough to run games, straight from Groupon.com or Livingsocial. Basically the phones are factory refurbished, but they are in good working order. My wife got me an s5 that was refurbished, but it replaced my galaxy blaze (I know, archaic right?) and it has never had any issues. Might want to start looking at factory refurbished phones, which are not always a bad thing, and are still good enough to operate properly.

Also, I can't honestly believe people are THIS DUMB to believe this:

What's with the recent PokeMon GO fear mongering? I had this lady at my job who SWORE it was a demon-possessed game because the idea that you were "Capturing invisible creatures through your phone and storing them" was creepy. So ridiculous.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-21 22:02:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Senk is in France though, I think. Not sure if those sites are outside the states.
 Cerberus.Jiko
Server: Cerberus
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2016-07-21 22:31:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
After coming to term with the death of my iPhone 6, what is a typical android model that reaches the minimum OS version needed for Pokémon GO while not costing an arm? Any idea?

Something on the lower end of 100-200$. I have a Galaxy S2 but it doesn't go high enough (and is already getting killed by Dokkan Battle).

Gotta be a lot cheaper by now, but I have an S4 that it runs fine on, and thats with FFRK also. I'd start there and work backwards based on what you can afford
 Asura.Lokimaru
Server: Asura
user: Rocketpop
By Asura.Lokimaru 2016-07-21 22:36:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Samsung Galaxy Amp 2 runs it fine (NO AR mode) for 135$
By Creecreelo 2016-07-21 22:42:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I ran into a random Pikachu tonight. Idk how rare it is but I was so ecstatic to run into the iconic pokemon, and it had pretty decent CP too!

So I gave it a Razz Berry, threw a Great Ball, got a great throw, and it escaped and bolted away.

It made me very sad :( so I've come here to post this short rant on how much I hate pokemon running away, especially as you rise in level. That is all. I'm sure most of you have gone through the same. >.<
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Faelar 2016-07-21 22:46:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
pokemon can run away????

Yep. Not common at low levels (like under 6 or 7) but as you get higher they run away a lot.
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2016-07-21 22:47:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes. And it sucks at times :(
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-07-21 23:12:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh that's not a bad experience, then. Try tossing 10+ Great Balls/Curveballs at Rhyhorn, only for him to just wake up and say "fck you, I'm out". This is with a berry in between. So yes, eff that lol.
 Shiva.Carrelo
Server: Shiva
user: Carrelo
By Shiva.Carrelo 2016-07-21 23:35:34
Link | Quote | Reply

One time when I was trying to catch this Pidgey, it jumped. Happens all the time, nbd right? Wrong. It never came back down and just got bigger and bigger on the screen until EVERYTHING WAS PIDGEY. I still see it when I close my eyes at night.

Another time, I was trying to catch this pretty decent Bulbasaur and noticed it had an oddly large shadow. The shadow slowly radiated out from beneath this demonic Bulbasaur until it covered the entire screen. The icons disappeared from my UI. All was darkness and Bulbasaur. Please get help
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2016-07-22 01:24:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks a bunch. I have those models at work so I can try them beforehand.
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2016-07-22 06:39:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Pokevision seems down again... being that they're PST based, Im assuming they dont have the company base to flush the overloaded with the pokespawns that havent for whatever reason depopped, causing severe lag and server strain. I realized this had become mainly a night time issue when most PST are asleep.

hope this gets resolved soon, although this does give me time to pokeball hunt. since im getting really low lately.
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2016-07-22 06:56:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Two links that will help new (and some old) players. Take a read, it's worth it!

First is the Pokemon tier lists broken down in much detail. Great for taking/holding gyms, what to look for and use that ever amazing stardust on, best pokemon based on types.

Second is tips based on actually lv 25+ players that, for some of us might be what we know but, moreso again gearred towards newer players. Please show some support and rate up if you find this helpful! I do my best to find things that can help us all learn how to be the very best, like no one ever was, and I hope you guys know that and I'm here to help us all, irrespective of teams.

Also, a little off topic, but I've been really stressed out IRL recently, and the other day, I posted here some things that I shouldn't have due to undeserved stress that was being thrown on me, and I publicly apologize for it. I hope you can forgive me for it and thank you for understanding.

Your text to link here...

Your text to link here...
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-22 07:22:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I know you can put spin on the ball but my sister and I experience balls curving on their own, usually after using a Razz berry. Is this a bug?

I can understand making things challenging but this just seems like a "Ohh, all your balls curved? That's too bad, better buy more." ploy. I saw a Clefable at the park the other day and easily wasted about 60 balls and never caught it. About 27~ of those were Great Balls of which only 1-2 hit due to the curving. It's the first new Pokemon I've ever actually gave up on.

....there was a Vulpix in the area and I had 4 Clefairy so I said *** it.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-07-22 08:32:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna, that's really disappointing about the Curveballs and Clefable. My only advice is if that happens, try a straight ball to see the ark of the curve, then adjust slightly to the left or right to compensate for the strange behavior. I have had the ball curve for no apparent reason when I KNOW it was a straight throw.

Also, anecdotal I know, but I have noticed that after a pokemon breaks free from a pokeball, he tends to be farther back than he was on the previous toss. Initially, I didn't pay this any mind (cuz swiss chees servers) but its something to keep in mind. I think it could be intended. Pidgey appears RIGHT in front of your pokeball, and a simple swipe is all that's needed to catch him. If, for whatever reason you miss him, he moves back about a half inch, and you need a stronger toss to reach him. and so on and so forth with other pokemon/tosses. Really annoying and has caused me to lose many Pokeballs.

I'll just say I've now adopted the 2 POKEBALL PIDGEY/RATTATA RULE: I am only ever willing to spend 2 pokeballs max on a pidgey or rat. If I miss both, its too costly to keep hunting because then I've basically lost money to pokeball/candy-stardust ratio.

Something you may consider when chucking balls at a pokemon. Is it worth losing over 20 balls to potentially have that pokemon run away? Unless its required for evolution or its extremely rare, it may not be worth it....Just a thought.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-07-22 08:54:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Curveballs that you dont spin the ball yourself are the result of either

A) A Razz Berry
B) A high CP Pokemon (in relation to your trainer level, i.e. it can happen on, say, a 400CP pokemon if you're level 8 or something)

It's almost a surefire side effect of Razz Berries, whether it's a bug or an intended mechanic is unknown but every time you throw a berry just be expectant of curveballs and curve them yourself to make sure.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-07-22 08:59:05
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-22 08:59:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Curveballs that you dont spin the ball yourself are the result of either

A) A Razz Berry
B) A high CP Pokemon (in relation to your trainer level, i.e. it can happen on, say, a 400CP pokemon if you're level 8 or something)

It's almost a surefire side effect of Razz Berries, whether it's a bug or an intended mechanic is unknown but every time you throw a berry just be expectant of curveballs and curve them yourself to make sure.
Yeah, it usually happens after a Razz berry but not always.

She and I both had our first few Greats curve but she got Ultras (she plays at work, higher level than me) and her first ones didn't curve. It's weird.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2016-07-22 09:23:56
Link | Quote | Reply

In the end I was able to find a ZenFone 2 (4GB RAM/32GB storage version) for 150$ (brand new). Happy ending.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-22 09:31:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Not bad.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-07-22 10:06:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Some guy tried to climb the fence to the Stockholm Olympic Stadium and slipped and got his thigh shish kabob'd lol
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-22 10:34:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Glad that didn't load for me...

EDIT: On, now it did....not as bad as I assumed.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-07-22 10:37:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't post a real pic of it lol, would get removed

Just showing the fence
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-22 10:38:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »

Just showing the fence
There are worse ways to get hurt on that fence while jumping it than hurting your thigh.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-07-22 10:43:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »

Just showing the fence
There are worse ways to get hurt on that fence while jumping it than hurting your thigh.

Having a spike stick out the other side of your leg is pretty bad though
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-07-22 10:43:37
Link | Quote | Reply

They had to lift him off it lol
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-22 10:53:35
Link | Quote | Reply

They had to lift him off it lol
Could be worse.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-22 10:56:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone tried evolving Eevee with the names of the Eevee sisters?
user: Gawdless
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2016-07-22 12:14:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Wasted 5 Pokeballs and 6 Greatball and 3 Berries on a 250cp pidgey xD idk what steroids he was on... but even a Great curveball Berried Greatball did not catch him.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-07-22 13:40:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm telling you. DONT use anything higher than a pokeball on tier 1 pokemon, and walk away from them if you miss the first 2 throws. If you keep that trend up, it will cost you tons of items in the long run. Gotta have a cutoff point somewhere, especially for fodder.
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 61 62 63