Forum » Everything Else » Tech Support » FFXI and FFXI Config Controller Issue
FFXI and FFXI Config Controller Issue
 Fenrir.Camiie
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2015-09-03 20:27:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I've built a new PC using Windows 10 with a fresh install. Everything works great except, of course, for FFXI! It loads, but it will not respond to my XBox 360 controller. Neither will the FFXI Config. All my other games that support it see it just fine.

Anyone have any ideas?
By volkom 2015-09-03 21:08:09
Link | Quote | Reply

do you have the drivers installed?
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-09-03 22:04:44
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
do you have the drivers installed?

Those load automatically when you plug it in the first time.
 Shiva.Eboneezer
Server: Shiva
user: Eboneezer
By Shiva.Eboneezer 2015-09-03 22:31:34
Link | Quote | Reply

i have never been able to get an xbox 360 controller to work on any version of windows 7 or higher. You have to jump through a lot of hoops on anything between xp and 7. I wish you the best of luck.

And I'm talking strictly ffxi here. it will work on some of the other games and stuff.
By scottbnc1651 2015-09-03 22:32:28
Link | Quote | Reply

you have to download them from microsoft

https://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/d/xbox-360-controller-for-windows

been using for last 8-9 years and still works. And will work
VIP
By Jassik 2015-09-03 22:34:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Eboneezer said: »
i have never been able to get an xbox 360 controller to work on any version of windows 7 or higher. You have to jump through a lot of hoops on anything between xp and 7. I wish you the best of luck.

And I'm talking strictly ffxi here. it will work on some of the other games and stuff.

It should be completely plug and play on 8/8.1/10 as far as the controller function and OS are concerned. There may be other config stuff needed for FFXI or to use it wirelessly, but a wired 360 controller is considered a native peripheral for Windows 8 and newer, and fully supported for 7, whatever the heck that means.
 Shiva.Eboneezer
Server: Shiva
user: Eboneezer
By Shiva.Eboneezer 2015-09-03 22:39:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Jassik said: »
It should be completely plug and play on 8/8.1/10 as far as the controller function and OS are concerned. There may be other config stuff needed for FFXI or to use it wirelessly, but a wired 360 controller is considered a native peripheral for Windows 8 and newer, and fully supported for 7, whatever the heck that means.

Believe me, I hear what you're saying...but like i said to the OP...good luck getting it to function properly with this game.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-09-03 22:44:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Eboneezer said: »
Jassik said: »

Believe me, I hear what you're saying...but like i said to the OP...good luck getting it to function properly with this game.

I've never tried, so I can't say for FFXI. Microsoft provides the drivers for Windows 7 and they are already in the driver database for 8/8.1/10. Theoretically, anything you can use a controller with should work, and you should be able to deal with almost everything else via button mapping.