By Ramyrez 2015-07-20 12:56:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
McCain himself calls tea party people "crazies"

Only offensive to tea party crazies.
By Ramyrez 2015-07-20 12:58:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Trump isn't playing that game, there is yno mea-culpa. Instead he is doubling down and his polling numbers have yet to take the hit the media are looking for. It's too early to tell, but what's the media and democrat party going to do if/when their standard playbook becomes UN-reliable? I mean what's the liberal media going to do when they throw a hissy fit and it turns out that the country isn't buying it anymore?

What are we all going to do when Trump gains the White House and treats it like he's treated every other business venture he's even been part of, and milks it for all it's worth to him personally and then leaves it a husk of what it was, ready to collapse and take down everyone else he abandonned to deal with it?

I dunno, I guess we survived Reagan and Bill Clinton, we'll survive him too.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-07-20 12:59:24
Link | Quote | Reply

But everyone is. you especially because you read the "liberal media" through your lol websites like hot air who eats the ***up and regurgitates it into complaints for their consumers... you're as much a part of the problem.

Personally I hope Trump gets the republican nomination because pretty much any one else can beat him in the national election.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-07-20 13:02:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Whoa, struck a nerve today.
By Ramyrez 2015-07-20 13:02:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
But everyone is. you especially because you read the "liberal media" through your lol websites like hot air who eats the ***up and regurgitates it into complaints for their consumers... you're as much a part of the problem.

Personally I hope Trump gets the republican nomination because pretty much any one else can beat him in the national election.

Would be fun to see Sanders v. Trump and see which idealogical boat floats better in the waters of the electorate.

I'm grotesquely fascinated with that one, despite the fact I probably don't like the inevitable answer.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-07-20 13:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »

Would be fun to see Sanders v. Trump and see which idealogical boat floats better in the waters of the electorate.

I'm grotesquely fascinated with that one, despite the fact I probably don't like the inevitable answer.

Older kook vs. old kook with a toupee.
By Ramyrez 2015-07-20 13:03:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Whoa, struck a nerve today.

Nah.

I still don't take Trump seriously, but the American people are easily swayed by swagger. There's always a chance I'll not take him seriously all the way to the White House, and only then will people realize the mistake they've made.

Edit: For the record, I get exactly what Trump meant with the comment he made. His point wasn't to put anyone down, his point was just showy one-upsmanship. It's still a pretty damning statement, however, when trying to appeal to the demographic likely to vote for him.

Everyone who was all, "yeah, immigrants are criminals and rapists and awful, get rid of them!" are the same people who are likely to swill Budweiser and chant "USA! USA!" every time they see a man in uniform.

And those aren't the kind of people to show up to polls a year and a half before an election, so any numbers "not taking a hit" you see now are pretty moot.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-07-20 13:07:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Joe Biden makes un-PC comments/actions left and right, and there is no backlash. McCain insults trump, no backlash. Trump insults McCain? Now there's a backlash. Do you see any bias in that? Or do you just not see the liberal bias?
By Ramyrez 2015-07-20 13:13:57
Link | Quote | Reply

McCain insults trump, no backlash.

Because Trump is a buffoon.

You act like McCain has never received his share of criticism.

Remember when he was playing video poker during some important hearing or another? (I don't even remember which one it was, because I didn't think it was a big deal then either; I *** around all the time when I'm listening to important stuff. Doesn't mean I don't hear it, just means I need four different types of sensory input to understand what people are saying.)
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-07-20 13:16:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Joe Biden makes un-PC comments/actions left and right, and there is no backlash. McCain insults trump, no backlash. Trump insults McCain? Now there's a backlash. Do you see any bias in that? Or do you just not see the liberal bias?
So would you rather everyone think trump is a senile old man like everyone has painted Biden now so they don't take him seriously?

since when is McCain a liberal? Also, McCain has been hammered in the media before lol... I'm not sure which insults he's thrown around at trump but yeah why would there be backlash if it has to do with Trumps most recent comments?

There's definitely bias in a lot of media. When has anyone ever denied that? Your whole conspiracy theory is that the scary liberal media controls everything and only what they report on can be criticized as bias! I'm sure you get whatever you believe in from good ol rush or whatever other website you frequent and im sure they also either complain that something is unfair or criticize the actions of the people you feel should be criticized or whatever.

What you don't seem to see is that you're almost out there clamouring for it. one source puts it up there and youre reading that to *** about it and then you go to another source thats bitching about that source and feeding your need that way. I don't think there are that many media sources out there that don't come with some sort of bias.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-07-20 13:17:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
McCain insults trump, no backlash.

Because Trump is a buffoon.

You act like McCain has never received his share of criticism.

Remember when he was playing video poker during some important hearing or another? (I don't even remember which one it was, because I didn't think it was a big deal then either; I *** around all the time when I'm listening to important stuff. Doesn't mean I don't hear it, just means I need four different types of sensory input to understand what people are saying.)

Whatever un-PC criticism McCain has received, there hasn't been anywhere near an equivocal backlash.

You would call Trump a buffoon and in the same breath insist that you are un-biased.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-07-20 13:19:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I think bias is another word that you need to learn again before you continue to throw it around all willy nilly like you are lol...
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-07-20 13:21:24
Link | Quote | Reply

You would call Trump a buffoon and in the same breath insist that you are un-biased.

Trump has more money than I'll ever even look at in person. He's clearly competent in his personal affairs. I just think he's shady as *** and is a sideshow with no intention of truly getting anywhere, and his money spent in this fashion is more for public exposure than true candidacy.

Please note the definition of "buffoon". I never said he was stupid.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-07-20 13:25:49
Link | Quote | Reply

"I don't like guys who get captured."

Fitting words from a disconnected, selfish, self-absorbed billionaire.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-07-20 13:28:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

It was pretty harsh, but I'd still vote for him over Hillary.

Maybe people are just pissed because this has taken the spotlight over the baby organ factory of planned parenthood, or the seeming "random" and "mysterious" workplace violence by someone with an Arabic name that may or may not have been a radical Muslim.
By Ramyrez 2015-07-20 13:29:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

It was pretty harsh, but I'd still vote for him over Hillary.

For class clown, sure. She's not funny.

Neither should be freaking president.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-07-20 13:29:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Donald Trump's "campaign"

[Mod edit: Let's not use a fatal plane crash as fodder to make fun of Trump. Plenty of other ways to do that, yes? --Rooks]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-07-20 13:33:01
Link | Quote | Reply

That's precisely what goes through my head every time I take off in a plane!
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-20 15:37:54
Link | Quote | Reply

It also serves as an accurate metaphor for every P&R thread.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-07-20 15:39:43
Link | Quote | Reply

A fireball of flaming hatred burning up what little common ground we haven't torn up with all the mudslinging we do?
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-07-20 15:50:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
It also serves as an accurate metaphor for every P&R thread.

[+]
 Siren.Fattynoob
Server: Siren
user: Dreamasky
By Siren.Fattynoob 2015-07-20 20:29:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
fonewear said: »
What rich person does ?

Very good example would be Bill Gates.

Lol, you must not know he got rich by stealing/copying apple's technology.
Administrator
Server: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2015-07-20 20:38:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Fattynoob said: »
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
What rich person does ?

Very good example would be Bill Gates.

Lol, you must not know he got rich by stealing/copying apple's technology.

Who had stolen it from Xerox. Big deal, that's how the tech industry operates. Gates and Microsoft won, that's all.

Apple's business practices were just as bad, and their technical direction would have been vastly worse for consumers. The vitriol Gates gets is insane, given that Microsoft winning (and their blase attitude towards Windows home piracy for a decade) are a huge factor in what made PCs cheap.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-07-21 08:17:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Is this the M$ stole the GUI from crapple argument again?

This one still makes me have a chuckle.

relevant:

I mean if anyone needs an example of why patent law is a sad joke:

Round corners.

Drama Torama said: »
are a huge factor in what made PCs cheap.

I'll add that hardware hackers around the time also played a huge role. That's my beef with Gates, going after those persons.
By fonewear 2015-07-21 08:40:13
Link | Quote | Reply

My main problem with Bill Gates is he needs a new haircut !

You have billions of dollars and you look like you spent 5 dollars on a haircut...

By fonewear 2015-07-21 08:42:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have a problem with the nerd/geek thing but it looks like he cuts his own hair.
Administrator
Server: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2015-07-21 09:24:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have a problem with the nerd/geek thing but it looks like he cuts his own hair.

You don't become a billionaire by dropping ten bucks at Supercuts, yo.
By fonewear 2015-07-21 09:24:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Drama Torama said: »

You don't become a billionaire by dropping ten bucks at Supercuts, yo.

That is true.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-07-21 10:51:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I see no dichotomy in that.

He IS a buffoon.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 216 217 218