users online
Forum » Everything Else » Tech Support » psp screenshots
psp screenshots
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-10-16 14:34:52
Link | Quote | Reply

would think this would be simple. But ive followed several sets of instructions and none of them have worked or been accurate. Just want to take damn screen shots.

Psp1001 (first version, na release)
update version 6.6
tried using prxshot CFW but to no avail. Just got rid of it.

Have something coming up in a few days id like to get a SS of. Any help would be grateful.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-10-16 14:42:04
Link | Quote | Reply

and since a lot of the instructions i tried were referring to folders i dont have on my psp, and videos showing psp's with tons of folders i dont have, i mine as well post this of my psp.

Bahamut.Soraishin
Server: Bahamut
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-10-16 14:47:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you trying to put CFW on it ?
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-10-16 14:48:38
Link | Quote | Reply

im trying to do what ever the heck is needed for me to take in game screen shots. - If that requires a certain CFW then so be it.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-10-16 14:51:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok gotcha, i'm fairly certain there needs to be CFW present for screenshots but I havn't broken in a PSP in like 3 years. Have you updated it online at all since you got it or is it stock firmware?
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-10-16 14:54:04
Link | Quote | Reply

its update version is 6.6 which is the last one released. But i cant get the psp online anymore. It wasnt designed for modern connection type encryption like wpa2 or w/e. So unless i get an old version connection, the psp is off line. But i can connect it to the computer and put files on the psp/memory card then turn the psp on and run it from there.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-10-16 14:59:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok you're gonna want to do this in steps, since you're upgraded to 6.6 the old method of CFW install won't work for you (the special memory stick + modded battery). Now adays you can just plug in to the PC and do it directly w/o the battery.

THis video below is what people who had CFW but wanted to upgrade after 6.60 came out so they removed their own CFW and use this method, its from 2013 but i think its still the same method for CFW on 6.60.

YouTube Video Placeholder

Once you get that working , this guide right here will provide a screenshot plugin for your PSP. If you run into any problems post back and i'll look into it, I can grab my nephews PSP and troubleshoot with you since his is normal 6.6 update as well.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-10-16 15:41:11
Link | Quote | Reply

took a little bit, instructions on that guide are only clear if you already know what your doing a little bit.

But its all on there and the 3 plugins are enabled. But so far i see no SS being taken when i press the music note button
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-10-17 01:11:45
Link | Quote | Reply

the SS plugin is prob just outdated and not compatible w/ the new CFW 6.6, lemme look and see if theres any up to date SS plugins.
[+]
 Fenrir.Mariane
Server: Fenrir
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2014-10-17 07:54:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Give Remote Joy plugin a try:
YouTube Video Placeholder

It can also transfer controller input from the PC to the PSP so you can use different controllers to play. Also, screenshots are easy with this program.

But video recording is just awesome.
By Ramyrez 2014-10-17 07:58:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »

+1 just for this. Same here, and my PSP might be the most durable/enduring game system I've ever had, hand-in-hand with my PSOne (serindipidously just mentioned in another thread).

No other system has hung in there for a decade+ for me.
 Fenrir.Mariane
By Fenrir.Mariane 2014-10-17 08:44:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I have two PSP-1000s One Japanese and one U.S. ... Love them. But I've been using more a PSP-GO because it's smaller heheh.

I have FIVE PSPs. XD
 Bahamut.Scizor
user: Scizor
By Bahamut.Scizor 2014-10-17 08:59:14
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have issues getting CFW to work and you have a PC/Laptop try PPSSPP, works a treat
 Fenrir.Mariane
By Fenrir.Mariane 2014-10-17 09:10:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Scizor said: »
If you have issues getting CFW to work and you have a PC/Laptop try PPSSPP, works a treat

Fun fact: PSP emulation is only possible thanks to SONY's fail with the PS3. Before that happened there were no consistent method to decrypt PS3 binaries besides using a real PSP as decryption device. ;)

The PS3 leak gave out PSP encryption keys and algorithms.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-10-17 17:06:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mariane said: »
Give Remote Joy plugin a try:

not rly looking to be installing new drivers and what not onto my comp. Only want SS for psp.

Ramyrez said: »
Odin.Godofgods said: »

+1 just for this. Same here, and my PSP might be the most durable/enduring game system I've ever had, hand-in-hand with my PSOne (serindipidously just mentioned in another thread).

No other system has hung in there for a decade+ for me.

you must be younger then me then. I would expect kid todays kids and teen to not be able to take care of anything and make it last.
I still have my nintendo from the 80's, SNES, original sega, play station (original kind, at friend house still), ps2, and psp. (for old/older systems) all still working just fine. In fact my psp is in the worse shape of all of them. Granted i did get it used off ebay long ago just to play crisis core, but its battery only has like 5 min of life left now. So i have to leave it plugged in all the time.

Bahamut.Scizor said: »
CFW seems to work, just not the SS.
Never heard of ppsspp tho. (tho that is a pretty clear pic')
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Apocalypse
MSPaint Winner
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Apocalypse 2014-10-17 18:32:29
Link | Quote | Reply

PPSSPP is the bomb-diggity. This is an emulated JP PS3 game (MHp3rd HD) and I'm playing it on PC with a 360 controller. I love technology.

Bahamut.Scizor
user: Scizor
By Bahamut.Scizor 2014-10-18 01:28:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I cant rave about PPSSPP enough, it works perfectly with no slowdowns.

Download it here: http://www.ppsspp.org/ dump your ISO's using your PSP and youre good to go
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-10-20 14:43:33
Link | Quote | Reply

does that just copy the game over to the emulator and play it on comp, or are you actually playing the psp file itself?
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-10-23 18:23:17
Link | Quote | Reply

WOOOOO!!!! I finally got it working! :DDDDD

Used these instructions.

Quote:
UPGRADING YOUR PSP (CURRENTLY ON OFFICIAL FIRMWARE) TO 6.60 PRO
Follow Wololo's guide: PSP Custom Firmware for dummies

I used 6.60 PRO-C fix 3 for my psp 1000

After finishing with the Custom Firmware (CFW) i went to the bottom 'TAKING SCREENSHOTS FROM YOUR PSP'.

Everything on that list is pretty straightforward, but the one mistake i made had me screwed up for a good while.

Quote:
2) Copy the prxshot folder to Memory Stick:/seplugins/ -- if there is no seplugins folder, create it.

You downlaod a prxshot-0.4.0 zip folder. When you extract it, you get a regular prxshot-0.4.0 folder. Inside that folder is another folder titled prxshot-0.4.0. Inside that folder is a folder titled prxshot. Thats the folder you want to copy. not any of the earlier ones. (I copied the first extracted folder, my mistake for a while.)
which makes sense given the code line: ms0:/seplugins/prxshot/prxshot.prx 1
seplugins folder - prxshot folder - program. Having those folders in a folder in a folder throws that code off.

Once that was figured out it started working!