Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2014-09-30 23:38:15
Link | Quote | Reply

How RAM Scrapers Work: The Sneaky Tools Behind the Latest Credit Card Hacks

Ram scrapers....

wow....

Full disclosure: I am a Robert Heinlein fan. I have guarded my SSN since I got it at 15 like people have finally learned to do today. I like 75% in a cash economy. Portraits of dead presidents.

If more people would just draw cash from their banks and not gleefully wave plastic at the slightest provocation, this kind of thing would affect far fewer people.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-10-01 01:00:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Gold, Silver and Lead. Preferably Silver and Lead in this market. Using credit cards and having large sums of money in the bank is foolish. The only reason to have a checking account is online bill pay that saves stamps and an emergency debit card fund.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-10-01 01:09:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
How RAM Scrapers Work: The Sneaky Tools Behind the Latest Credit Card Hacks

Ram scrapers....

wow....

Full disclosure: I am a Robert Heinlein fan. I have guarded my SSN since I got it at 15 like people have finally learned to do today. I like 75% in a cash economy. Portraits of dead presidents.

If more people would just draw cash from their banks and not gleefully wave plastic at the slightest provocation, this kind of thing would affect far fewer people.

You want people to exercise restraint and good judgment? Keep that crazy voodoo talk to yourself, I have things to buy that I can't afford.
[+]
By Kell 2014-10-01 01:48:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if they'd affect tap & pay terminals, like those used by Google Wallet & now Apple Pay.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2014-10-01 10:39:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Kell said: »
I wonder if they'd affect tap & pay terminals, like those used by Google Wallet & now Apple Pay.
They don't.

But hackers are inventive.