FF11 Port To PS3/PS4/PS Vita Petition!!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » FF11 port to PS3/PS4/PS Vita Petition!!
FF11 port to PS3/PS4/PS Vita Petition!!
First Page 2
 Bahamut.Juandbz
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Juandbz
By Bahamut.Juandbz 2014-03-11 14:38:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Let your Voices be Heard!
I think it would be awesome to have FF11 on PS3 and PS4 that way we can have trophies and cross-game chat like there is on the xbox360 version of FF11 and for many other reasons.

Anyways there was many signs of it about to being ported but we should give SE an extra push to do it like someone creating an online Petition either on from a site or a petition page on facebook and send it to SE.

If anyone else care for FF11 to be ported on PS3/PS4 or PS Vita let's do something about it.

Here's some sources:
Dec. 2008- http://www.1up.com/news/square-enix-interested-final-fantasy

Jul. 2011- http://www.siliconera.com/2011/07/12/square-enix-looking-into-playstation-vita-port-for-playstation-vita-but-not-ps3/

Jul. 2011- http://www.finalfantasyunion.com/news/square-enix-considering-ffxi-playstation-vita-port--1738.html

Feb. 2013- http://kotaku.com/5987528/somethings-starting-up-with-final-fantasy-xi

Mar. 2013- http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/1aaees/ffxi_being_ported_to_the_ps4/

Found a petition going on but I'm sure someone here is smart enough to make a better on through facebook and other sites but for now I'll support this one - http://www.petitiononline.com/petitions/ffxi4ps3/signatures
[+]
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2014-03-11 14:48:06
Link | Quote | Reply

the only way i can see 11 coming to ps4 and vita (i doubt ps3 will ever make it) is by using SE's recentlyish announced project flare technology. i'll post links for you guys to see.

imo, i think the vita would be a potentially great system for 11, the only problem is that 11 isn't time/on the go friendly at all lol.

i think 14 would be the better game to take on the go. button mash and done after an hour np.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/4/5067164/square-enix-ventures-into-cloud-gaming-technology-with-project-flare

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
Server: Lakshmi
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2014-03-11 15:17:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd honestly love to see it happen, but the sad fact is that it likely won't. By this point, it'll go against SE's push to get people invested into the fresh XIV to convert them possibly to long term players, or at the very least, squeeze extra cash out of them by the time later expansions or updates hit if they resub.

PS3 - Best they could do is PS2 Classic XI, which doesn't include SoA in America, due to no longer having non-JP PS2 support for XI. It would be a novelty at best, and usually for the price they could sell it for, you can land the latest collection on PC for the same price.

Not to mention it'd be in direct competition by SE, with SE, for XIV sales. Can't let that happen in the former land of Wada!

PS4 - It'd be the same as above.

Vita - Would require a good bit of UI tweaking by SE's end and likely compression, due to the average Vita owner having somewhere around... 4-8 GB of space due to the still crazy high prices imposed by Sony. Seeing as SE has stated endless times that the spaghetti coding of XI is the thing of legends, and how long development takes even nowadays for features they honestly WANT to put in, I just don't see them justifying the money and resources to port an ancient game over to one of the systems with the lowest install base. That's why XIV uses the PS4 Remote to Play, as that's really mostly done thanks to Sony and works out of the box.

I think the only real option would be a streaming service, which could have it's own set of problems. It'd make it great for solo work and idling in town, but really, wouldn't a cheap $100 laptop from 2005 do just the same thing? At the end of the day, on all those listed systems EXCEPT the Vita, it would just be a halfass job of porting the PS2 copy over, and I don't think anyone should willingly lower themselves to accept that from SE.

Now on the OTHER hand, I don't see why we're not petitioning for a FFXI-HD Collection, since SE is printing so much money off their PS2 nostalgia library here lately. Could even petition SE create a special "Legacy HD" server or something where it's just fresh characters and unable to transfer to or from, to really hammer home that old timey feel.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-03-11 15:44:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I for one don't care about it. If they had to make a port of the game for a new platform it would meann spending resources(and I mostly mean human resources), which I would much rather be used for the content of the game alone.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-03-11 15:48:52
Link | Quote | Reply

@The PS2 NA crack: There's no reason other than they don't press NA PS2 discs anymore as to why they didn't release Seekers in the US.

Honestly they should have been able to digitally distribute it, but whatevs. (why does one think that the add ons+ abbysea were download distributed and no on disc?)

Granted it would take ages, and would probably require SE to revamp their update process to be fault tolerant, but hey.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-03-11 16:51:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea this isn't going to happen.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-03-11 17:02:15
Link | Quote | Reply

i wouldn't play on a console let alone without windower, but i think it would be nice to see SE show they haven't forgotten what FFXI was for the genre and still is for the community, and keep it available on newer systems.
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2014-03-11 17:03:28
Link | Quote | Reply

i want to play this on my cellphone.
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2014-03-11 17:04:09
Link | Quote | Reply

no, not really
[+]
 Bahamut.Juandbz
By Bahamut.Juandbz 2014-03-11 21:42:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it would be a good idea to put it on the PS3, PS4 and offer open betas to the game more people will have easier access to the game like they do to other games on those systems. They put out betas to uncharted 3 multiplayer, killzone 3 multiplayer, ff14, etc.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-03-11 21:51:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I played FFXI on the old backwards compatible PS3. It was actually worse than the PS2. The screens were darker, so bad the navigating at night in some zones was near impossible.

The game is 12 years old. They aren't going to put in the resources to port it to any new system, especially with FFXIV being online and being a success, so far. Plus they still have to get the PS3 and PS4 versions up and running for it b
[+]
 Carbuncle.Snoochybooch
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Snoochybooch 2014-03-11 22:28:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Or you could just play on PC like a normal person?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
Server: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2014-03-11 22:44:31
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bahamut.Juandbz
By Bahamut.Juandbz 2014-03-12 20:21:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
I played FFXI on the old backwards compatible PS3. It was actually worse than the PS2. The screens were darker, so bad the navigating at night in some zones was near impossible.

The game is 12 years old. They aren't going to put in the resources to port it to any new system, especially with FFXIV being online and being a success, so far. Plus they still have to get the PS3 and PS4 versions up and running for it b

Yeah but unlike that version make it like playable like the xbox360 version but for PS3 & PS4. Then release Betas

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-03-12 21:15:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Vita port... I don't see that lol. I can't imagine playing the game on that
 Ragnarok.Jarvick
Server: Ragnarok
user: Krichtan
By Ragnarok.Jarvick 2014-03-13 12:30:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I think porting to the Vita would be nice. Portable play would be great for doing simple things, like crafting or maybe mining & harvesting or even just to "Login" all your characters for the login campaign. I couldn't see doing main events or anything, but little things might be okay. Just imo.
 Fenrir.Mariane
Server: Fenrir
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2014-03-13 12:47:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Chilzen said: »
PS3 - Best they could do is PS2 Classic XI, which doesn't include SoA in America, due to no longer having non-JP PS2 support for XI. It would be a novelty at best, and usually for the price they could sell it for, you can land the latest collection on PC for the same price.

Only reason I believe US PS2 didn't get Adoulin was SCEA not very willing to manufacture the discs. I suppose the "poll" they did also didn't help as there were a lot of NA idiots thinking that manipulating the poll results would cause them dump the PS2 version.

(Being honest, this stuff is pure speculation on my part, but I know SCEA isn't willing to press PS2 discs in large scale anymore due to lack of market. Also, SONY Corporation as whole no longer press CDs/CD-ROMs of any kind)

Anyway, if they did a complete port for the PS3 (which I doubt would happen) it would be the complete game and they would want to charge full price for it.

Obviously it won't happen because I don't think they can expect people pay full retail price anymore on a game which people keep saying it's on the last legs. :)
 Bismarck.Nexdeus
user: Greyfin
By Bismarck.Nexdeus 2014-03-13 13:21:50
Link | Quote | Reply

10yr+ old game, if you want a better version, a portable version, get a PC.
They won't waste resources on a game that is indeed a waste of money for a few people that want to play on a Vita.
[+]
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-03-13 13:22:48
Link | Quote | Reply

That idea someone stated about a special HD server you had to start again on... this would be interesting they could possible make a 75 cap server. Have SoA in but toned down for 75 cap Relics Mythics like normal and have SoA content drop mats for lvl 75 empys and armour just no abyssea. I doubt they would be able to keep dyna in how it used to be at least have an option to do it the old or new way.
 Shiva.Gib
Server: Shiva
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2014-03-13 13:28:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nexdeus said: »
They won't waste resources on a game that is indeed a waste of money for a few people that want to play on a Vita.
that being said FFXI runs great on my Surface, hell even have it being controlled by my PS4 controller Via Blue-Tooth.

But seriously, I don't know why any ever bothers with Petitions, I think they ONLY one that EVER works was getting Dark Souls for the PC, and look how half assed that port was done XD
By fonewear 2014-03-13 13:35:54
Link | Quote | Reply

With what it takes to run FFXI you could have a ten year old computer handle it.
By Lizk 2014-03-13 13:48:49
Link | Quote | Reply

They are trying to get people into XIV on both consoles, stop trying.

Seriously man, stop being poor and just get a PC.

Shiva.Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2014-03-13 13:59:42
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
With what it takes to run FFXI you could have a ten year old computer handle it.
you could run it on a damned 100 dollar Netbook
[+]
By Chyula 2014-03-13 14:28:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Petition have it run on a Virtual boy.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nexdeus
user: Greyfin
By Bismarck.Nexdeus 2014-03-13 15:22:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Gib said: »
that being said FFXI runs great on my Surface, hell even have it being controlled by my PS4 controller Via Blue-Tooth.

But seriously, I don't know why any ever bothers with Petitions, I think they ONLY one that EVER works was getting Dark Souls for the PC, and look how half assed that port was done XD

That being said, if you really want it to be handheld, there is also the Nvidia Shield. It seems to work pretty well with most PC games, so I would imagine it would work fine with FF11.

Also, about Darksouls, even though the port sucked, adding the high def textures really makes a huge difference in there.
 Shiva.Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2014-03-13 16:55:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Nvidia Shield.

...which is a terminal, so you're looking at lag unless you're on the same network as your computer, which limits mobility, Surface Pro has an actual x64 i5 in it, not some Android crap.

Also with the second part, you totally missed the point, is that petitions don't work, and the rare Rare RARE times they do the outcome is usally crappy.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-03-13 16:59:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Android isn't crap, it's just not made to do that kind of stuff. it's like trying to mountain climb in high heels.
By Jetackuu 2014-03-13 16:59:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd sooner get an Asus transformer than I would a surface.

Also I had a shield, wasn't bad, but I personally thought it could have used at least 1 more button.

Also: Steam just opensourced part of their directx> opengl layer, promising overall for those that like games on other platforms (not the consoles so much, unless people are really good at hacking).
By Jetackuu 2014-03-13 17:02:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Android isn't crap, it's just not made to do that kind of stuff. it's like trying to mountain climb in high heels.
meh, I have my beefs with the Android platform, but they'd be lost on the majority of people so I'm not getting into them.

it's definitely meant to be different, and IMO if Google wants to retain a good chunk of the market share, they should drop Chrome books and focus on Android as their platform of choice to deliver, I mean others already compiled an x86 Android, I mean for serious Google.
First Page 2