Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » American Horror Story
American Horror Story
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2013-10-10 02:34:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone follow the previous seasons? I'm very pleased with the first episode of Coven. Kathy Bates and Angela Bassett are my main reasons for watching this season.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-10-10 08:46:49
Link | Quote | Reply

EAK! We actually have an AHS thread? I thought Yomi and I were the only ones who watched!

I loved the first season, but was very disappointed with the last. We watched last night. This season's premier has already given me high hopes, but I'm still a little jaded because last season's plot was all over the place. I could have seriously done without the alien story line.

May as well throw this in...
 Lakshmi.Cledant
Server: Lakshmi
user: Latifah
By Lakshmi.Cledant 2013-10-10 09:03:09
Link | Quote | Reply

the second season was great, better than any horror movie
[+]
By dudelove 2013-10-10 10:42:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I am a huge fan
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2013-10-10 16:13:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
last season's plot was all over the place. I could have seriously done without the alien story line.

Well the producer has already laid out the plot-line somewhat. Angela Bassett is supposed to be the main antagonist of the show. She's supposed to lead this voodoo-priestest coven against Lange/Bates.

My ONLY gripe with last night's episode was how Kathy Bates re-enters the present day plot line. I was just like really she's been chained and completely conscious underground for several decades lol?

Angela Bassett has to re-enter the present day plot-line next episode, so I'm curious if they'll at least throw in some glamorous resurrection.

[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-10-10 16:23:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Baconwrap said: »
last season's plot was all over the place. I could have seriously done without the alien story line.

Well the producer has already laid out the plot-line somewhat. Angela Bassett is supposed to be the main antagonist of the show. She's supposed to lead this voodoo-priestest coven against Lange/Bates.

I was so excited to see the few little teasers with Basset after the episode!

My ONLY gripe with last night's episode was how Kathy Bates re-enters the present day plot line. I was just like really she's been chained and completely conscious underground for several decades lol?

It seemed to me that the writers were adopting the Madame Bathory angle for her plot, so it seems appropriate that she would still be alive. I thought it was strange how she followed Lange no questions asked. I wonder what Rabe's part in all this is going to be?

As much as I disliked most aspects of last season, I loved Sarah Paulson! I hope they do something spectacular with her this season!
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2013-10-10 16:28:23
Link | Quote | Reply

It seemed to me that the writers were adopting the Madame Bathory angle for her plot, so it seems appropriate that she would still be alive. I thought it was strange how she followed Lange no questions asked. I wonder what Rabe's part in all this is going to be?

As much as I disliked most aspects of last season, I loved Sarah Paulson! I hope they do something spectacular with her this season!

I just clicked that link. Yeah seems they are following that angle. Did love the whole minotaur/Bates/Bassett scene last night!
[+]
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2013-10-17 01:02:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bump! Tonight's episode was weird a huge contrast of life/death with both the characters and events...
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-10-24 04:02:21
Link | Quote | Reply

So just caught up to tonight's episode and... yeah...
[+]
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2013-11-07 20:25:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait was she masturbating herself? I thought she was masturbating him, you know her being a human voodoo doll and all.

I thought Madison would be resurrected especially after that swamp witch resurrected the red-head and the end of the episode.

Then again Madison isn't the Supreme? That's what's confusing me now. Zoe or Madison? B/c you know how Fiona said the powers and life drain from one supreme to another.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-11-07 20:40:22
Link | Quote | Reply

lol at that picture

Probably Zoe (haven't watched this week's episode yet). Last week, I was like '*** yeah it's Beverly Leslie'. This show is such blatant gay bait, I love it.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-11-08 10:24:22
Link | Quote | Reply

This season is freaking AMAZING!!! I can't believe they actually incorporated Marie Laveau!

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
So just caught up to tonight's episode and... yeah...

This is already hands-down so much better than last season! I wonder if Zachary Quinto will be back.
[+]
 Bahamut.Genevie
user: Geneviee
By Bahamut.Genevie 2013-11-08 11:02:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I loved the first series,watched it twice.Second series I wasn't so impressed with,though my son thought it just as good as the first.This season is awesome, really enjoying it.Bit miffed that the next series after three will apparently be Jessica Lange's last.
[+]
 Bahamut.Genevie
user: Geneviee
By Bahamut.Genevie 2013-11-08 12:02:04
Link | Quote | Reply

EAK! We actually have an AHS thread? I thought Yomi and I were the only ones who watched!

I loved the first season, but was very disappointed with the last. We watched last night. This season's premier has already given me high hopes, but I'm still a little jaded because last season's plot was all over the place. I could have seriously done without the alien story line.

May as well throw this in...
This bit was just WOW, lol I loved it (total surprise)
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-11-08 12:17:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I think this season so far is really fun to watch but the episodes are really just all over the place. I'm sure it will all coalesce more at some point, but for now it just seems like the day-to-day hijinks of the Charles Xavier Jessica Lange School for Mutant Witches.

I *** loved the second season. I agree it was a bit overstuffed (the aliens and Bloodyface Jr. could have gone), but it was a brilliant mix of genuine scares, batshit lunacy, and emotional satisfaction. One of my favorite seasons of TV ever.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-11-08 12:22:50
Link | Quote | Reply

More!

[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-11-08 12:28:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Too bad Connie Britton left after the first season to do 'Nashville'. My only complaint about the first season was how rushed the end was. It seems like they could have done a second season still based around the first plot.

Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2013-11-08 20:22:18
Link | Quote | Reply

The plot is kinda over the place, I agree. I have a feeling resurrection/necromancy is going to tie it all together since that's the major theme thusfar.

Also, I can't figure out Kathy Bates character yet. Don't get me wrong I love her, I adore her- she's an amazing actress but it just strikes me odd that she's a simple maid on the show.
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
Server: Ragnarok
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2013-11-08 22:10:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Was there no preview for next week this episode? ... My TiVo cut off, but well after it should have been played.
[+]
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2013-11-09 00:16:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Hotkarl said: »
Was there no preview for next week this episode? ... My TiVo cut off, but well after it should have been played.

No there wasn't, I rewinded the dvr just to check but nothing on Wednesday. FX has shown the preview for next week as a commercial during their regular programming.

The commercial for next week just shows Marie Laveau hiring a witch hunter.

[+]
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
Server: Ragnarok
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2013-11-09 02:04:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn, witch hunter,voodoo ***,living dead boy roaming, witch necromancy, and the new supreme possibly... So much story, so little time.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2013-11-09 02:08:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't see how her Bates' character is confusing at all. She's out of her time with no power, influence, or place to go (even her own home was taken from her, she tried to go there). She knows Fiona is incredibly powerful and is rightfully afraid of her, but if she leaves she's at the mercy of Marie Laveau. The intention seems to be to humiliate her (likely just for Fiona's amusement) whilst keeping her around, probably to antagonize Laveau.

What does confuse me is where Evan Peters' character ran off to.
[+]
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2013-11-09 02:32:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinjo said: »
I don't see how her Bates' character is confusing at all. She's out of her time with no power

That's kinda my point, her role itself and I feel even her acting is lackluster compared to her past acting roles.

AHS Gossip: So on Wendy Williams Hot Topic she was taking about Lange leaving the show. Wendy says that Lange wasn't pleased with the addition of Bates and Bassett. Particulary, since it's rumored Bates and Bassett will stay for season 4.

Oh yeah and supposedly Emma Roberts and Gabourey Sidibe had a little fight behind scenes lol

Gossip, I know, kinda interesting especially about Bates Bassett staying.

Kathy Bates, Angela Bassett Want To Do 'American Horror Story' Season 4
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2013-11-09 02:46:49
Link | Quote | Reply

The nature of her role doesn't give her too much freedom for sure (also, they were all trapped in a house for a full episode), but watching her character develop is pretty interesting. She's doing the role of neutered psychopathic matriarch some justice. AHS tends to be slow with characters and then pour in a lot of important "oh ***what is going on" information after the season is half over.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2013-11-09 02:50:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinjo said: »
She's doing the role of neutered psychopathic matriarch some justice. AHS tends to be slow with characters and then pour in a lot of important "oh ***what is going on" information after the season is half over.

This is true. I just expected Misery type acting edit: and a bigger role lol but who knows!
[+]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2013-11-09 04:44:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone follow the previous seasons? I'm very pleased with the first episode of Coven. Kathy Bates and Angela Bassett are my main reasons for watching this season.
compared with Season 1 , this one SUCKS ! :X

Season 2 was nicer than this as well

I still watch, don't get me wrong but WTF I Loved season 1 to bits !!!!!!!

Season 2 got a bit Creepy and stuff

Season 3 is just kinda leaving to wish.............. Should be scarier and bloodier

but that is just my opinion.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2013-11-11 22:11:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Saw this on FB today. Thought it was hilarious.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2013-11-14 00:59:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Tonight's episode! Wish it was longer errr totally was right about Madison coming back!!
[+]
Server: Sargatanas
Game: FFXIV
user: Yomisha
By Yomisha Belmont 2013-11-14 02:04:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally watching this season. Definitely better than the second, not as good as the first (IMO!). Thoroughly enjoying it. Kind of wish I hadn't caught up. I want moar!
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-11-14 08:05:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Build-up episode, but the previews looked exciting! I what I was left wondering after the previews was, if Queenie has already been dazzled by the prospect of being the Supreme by Lange's character, but will be turning to Laveau in the next episode, are Queenie and Laveau genuinely in cahoots or is this an attempt at internal sabotage?

Also, Stevie Nicks, and what if swamp witch is the Supreme?!?
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5