FFXIV Forums!?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXIV » General » FFXIV Forums!?
FFXIV Forums!?
 Caitsith.Amonk
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Amonk
By Caitsith.Amonk 2009-07-10 23:08:43
Link | Quote | Reply

The only one I know of that looks to be doing well is http://www.finalfantasy14-online.com/forum/index.php Does anyone know of any others? Besides the FFXI-converting-into-pseudo-FFXIV-sites like BG/Allak
 Ragnarok.Rusko
Server: Ragnarok
user: Rusko
By Ragnarok.Rusko 2009-07-10 23:55:50
Link | Quote | Reply

whats the point of a 14 fourm? its all speculation. who cares what some internet geek says?

Quote:"who cares what some internet geek says?"
^
|
|

This.
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-07-10 23:57:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Rusko said:
whats the point of a 14 fourm? its all speculation. who cares what some internet geek says?

Quote:"who cares what some internet geek says?"
^
|
|

This.

You're doing it wrong!

Rusko said:

This^^^^^

I dont know...this? http://www.zam.com/forum.html?game=268
 Bahamut.Gameslave
Server: Bahamut
user: Gameslave
By Bahamut.Gameslave 2009-07-21 12:03:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I've looked over quite a many and I don't like most of them. Zan is close but the coding is funky. Right now I'm subscribed to - it's just the same lack of information as every other site but with less false publications and quiet posters, not so much junk cluttering the message boards. There are way too many of those out there.

Sharing ideas can be interesting and fun, but as much as we'd like to see them incorporated into the game it's like giving away free gold. R&D companies DO observe sites like these, but if content is used we don't get any credit or payment for it. To some it might be enough just to see their ideas put in motion, and I agree with that to a point. I just wouldn't the name of some schmuck to come up when the credits roll for something that was one of our original ideas, especially the better ones.

One of the main reasons I'm taking any interest in FFXIV while still playing XI is because it's new and I can be a part of that first generation of members. FFXI is near impossible to play now on some underpopulated servers with nothing left but the hardcore guilds and RMT farmers.

One of my bigger complaints though isn't the forums that are launched as much as the assumption that there will even be such things as the auction house; things like ffxivah.com (it just bugs me). But then I laugh when I think about the next economy being called something else entirely as well as other things changing on these guys who jumped the gun.

All I can say is be patient. It'll be pushed back and delayed countless times until FFXIII and its surrounding games fall off the minds & tongues of gamers. Nobody knows what to expect, and I think it's kinda better that way.

It's just bait to me. Remember the boomerang concept controller for the PS3? Everyone hated it and it was changed before it was ever mass produced. That's all the trailers and teasers and vague information is - they're fishing for feedback, except they're not gonna add us to their fish tank like so many hope. Instead they'll cut us little fish open, gut us, and throw it to piranhas.

Sorry for the wall o' text. FFXI servers are down again. =/
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-21 12:07:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ludoggy said:

Rusko said:

This^^^^^

I dont know...this? http://www.zam.com/forum.html?game=268

internet geeks want a place specific for everything. Notice the amount of chatrooms for midgets, fetishes, FFXI, FFXIV, blah blah blah
 Asura.Artemicion
Server: Asura
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-07-21 12:11:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll have to agree with Rusko. I rather wait til we have some actual substance and content that's tangible instead of endlessly getting into internet arguments of what SE may or may not use for their game.

FFXI was a 7 year long guinea pig experiment for FFXIV, so expect some things to be similar, and other things to be completely different. That is all.
[+]
 Diabolos.Neokaingel
Server: Diabolos
user: GRX3000
By Diabolos.Neokaingel 2009-08-10 09:35:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm trying to make a board for FFXIV if you want to join.

http://s1.zetaboards.com/XIVCMO/index/
 Odin.Karusan
Server: Odin
user: Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-08-10 18:58:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Making FFXIV board is against the FFXI ToS and you'll be banned.
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2009-08-10 21:44:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgets?