Delve Plasm Gear?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Delve plasm gear?
Delve plasm gear?
By Kell 2013-07-16 15:50:46
Link | Quote | Reply

TL;DR - No Thaumas, which Delve gear to get in what order, ipunch thread thaumas heavy.

I'm just getting into delve fracture runs, and I have my Rigors now and am looking at which gear to get next.

What should I be aiming for with regards to Delve plasm gear, and in what order? The Manibozho gear is on my list (feet, legs), as are the Steelflash earring set, and acc tathlum.

I'm looking for the most bang for the buck change, as I'm hoping to help my NNI group with a little more damage. I'm the only DD at the moment with any delve gear.

Thanks.
By Kell 2013-07-17 04:01:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I see the ipunch thread was updated.

Recommended was earrings > legs > feet > body > tathlum > head, bought earrings tonight. Brutal and Ghille +1 are now retired.
 Lakshmi.Watusa
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2013-07-17 04:33:52
Link | Quote | Reply

You really need to tell your NNI friends to get their *** into Delve, why not get free high tier gear/weapons to make your NNI runs go quicker?

Anyway, yeah that list is about right. Tathlum and Head are pretty much dead last for you if you don't plan to hit Delve bosses, you won't need the accuracy for NNI.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-07-17 04:36:46
Link | Quote | Reply

The other DDs just getting a delve weapon is gonna increase your killspeed\clear rate alot, so make them unlazy first of all :P
 Shiva.Francisco
Server: Shiva
user: Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2013-07-22 16:53:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I think a better question would be which order to augment Manibozho to full, since its quite costly after rank 4 or 5, which should probably be the baseline...

I actually got Manibozho Body and head before the legs. Figured the legs would come fast enough regardless, and I have a shot at just getting them as a drop from Matamata inside the fracture.

Now that I think of it, do rank 4-5 Manibozho legs out class tantra hose +2 for TP?
 Ragnarok.Alahra
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Alahra 2013-07-22 23:15:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Francisco said: »
I think a better question would be which order to augment Manibozho to full, since its quite costly after rank 4 or 5, which should probably be the baseline...

I actually got Manibozho Body and head before the legs. Figured the legs would come fast enough regardless, and I have a shot at just getting them as a drop from Matamata inside the fracture.

Now that I think of it, do rank 4-5 Manibozho legs out class tantra hose +2 for TP?

I know they outclassed them for me at Rank 2, but it may vary somewhat on the rest of your gear. When in doubt, spreadsheet it.
By Kell 2013-07-23 01:13:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Francisco said: »

That would be a good question, also, what path do most use?

I picked up the legs tonight and did a full upgrade using path A. No drop from the Morimar fracture, but they seemed like the best purchase for me at the moment.

And I've roped a few of my NNI group into delve where I can. They're about 1/3rd to halfway to a weapon now.
 Lakshmi.Watusa
Server: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2013-07-23 01:55:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I generally like to get all my gear up to rank 8-10 before I move on to the next piece. Ideally if money isn't a problem for you blow it all on rank 15s, what else is there to spend money on nowadays anyway.

All MNK gear is going to be Path A because there is no DEX option. Do B path for Rigors though. I also do B path on SAM gear instead of A, I care more about being as close to accuracy cap as possible than having extra attack on melee hits for a WS heavy job.