Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Technical DPS question
Technical DPS question
By Angeljcar 2013-04-06 18:39:28
Link | Quote | Reply

This may be hard to explain for me but ill try and say it as plainly as i can.

If two sets have the same exact DPS but one set has a ton of multi-hit equipment and the other is dominantly atk / str / dex / crit rate based. Could it be said that the 2nd set is better in a parse over a long period of time on say, EXP monsters or nyzul climbs since it may take 8 HIts on first dps set to reach its full dps but the monster only lived for 5 hits before it died. Where as the the 2nd set capped dps at (for example) 3 hits to get its average dps and it always succeeded to get 3 hits because it did not over kill the monster by relying on multiattacks ? (I'm not Pchan! ._. )
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-04-06 18:44:26
Link | Quote | Reply

if two sets have the same average dps they have the same average dps. that's why it's called an average, no real hidden meanings or anything. though I guess the second set totally feeds less tp
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [43 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2013-05-19 09:32:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Angeljcar said: »
This may be hard to explain for me but ill try and say it as plainly as i can.

If two sets have the same exact DPS but one set has a ton of multi-hit equipment and the other is dominantly atk / str / dex / crit rate based. Could it be said that the 2nd set is better in a parse over a long period of time on say, EXP monsters or nyzul climbs since it may take 8 HIts on first dps set to reach its full dps but the monster only lived for 5 hits before it died. Where as the the 2nd set capped dps at (for example) 3 hits to get its average dps and it always succeeded to get 3 hits because it did not over kill the monster by relying on multiattacks ? (I'm not Pchan! ._. )

no. the one that varies alot might as well have all the spikes/procs at the begining.
when you flip a coin do you think you always get the heads first and then later the tails as well to make it 50/50 ?
nothing takes time with average.

--edit--
DOH Necro bump >.<