Did You Lose Interest Is FFXI...

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXIV » General » Did you lose interest is FFXI...
Did you lose interest is FFXI...
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-15 00:56:48
Link | Quote | Reply

is there a beta version of FFXIV for 360? I wanna try it.
 Odin.Zanarky
Server: Odin
user: Zanarky
By Odin.Zanarky 2009-07-15 01:09:33
Link | Quote | Reply

How is this different from any other game? One must infer that any game released, that doesn't completely suck *** that is, is going to have some sort of sequel. If you're always going to be worried about how your progress in one game will not mean anything because of a newer one coming out "eventually", then you'll never play any video games.

I see a lot of people saying the same thing as you, and it got me thinking about FFXI user's motivations for playing in the first place. You say, "the time I've put into the game will be nullified", yet I do not see how. If you enjoyed playing it, and you feel that you have accomplished something from when you first started playing, then I fail to see how that changes.

With your current viewpoint, it seems to me that you will not be satisfied until you have every Mythic Weapons, Relic Weapon, every job to 75, etc. Goals must not be set so high. Just enjoy playing it like you would any other video game. I assure you that when XIV comes out, the people who say, "I will never switch over because of all the time I have spent", will quickly change their minds, and I bet you do as well.

I love FFXI, but it's an old game and...sort of looks like ***. I welcome a new environment, and new graphics where "signet" doesn't look like it was cut out of construction paper. I'll be the first one to switch over.
 Fairy.Winterlight
Server: Fairy
By Fairy.Winterlight 2009-07-15 01:47:00
Link | Quote | Reply

They better not make Chocobos player characters in FF14

That would be...fun. Wait, I'm switching.
 Pandemonium.Silvaria
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Silvaria 2009-07-15 02:39:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not about to switch. I love this game, I have met great people (none of whom have any intention of switching), and I'm fine with sticking to an old fave instead of immediately latching onto everything new that comes down the pike. 8)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fairy.Aenemy
Server: Fairy
user: Aenemy
By Fairy.Aenemy 2009-07-17 15:13:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Theres all this talk about solo friendly this and that. People complaining that on FFXI to do anything good you need a party. Well NO ***its a *** MMO. If you dont wanna play MMO gtfo MMO forums and play single turnbased pat yourself on the bad good job ***. I dunno. I ended up doing everything mission wise and what not with just a couple buddies, if you seriously cant make atleast 3 decent friends on ffxi to do things with then the problem is simple. The problem is YOU.
 Lakshmi.Drekien
Server: Lakshmi
user: Drekien
By Lakshmi.Drekien 2009-07-17 15:20:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Aenemy said:
Theres all this talk about solo friendly this and that. People complaining that on FFXI to do anything good you need a party. Well NO ***its a *** MMO. If you dont wanna play MMO gtfo MMO forums and play single turnbased pat yourself on the bad good job ***. I dunno. I ended up doing everything mission wise and what not with just a couple buddies, if you seriously cant make atleast 3 decent friends on ffxi to do things with then the problem is simple. The problem is YOU.

amen
 Caitsith.Surreal
Server: Caitsith
user: Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2009-07-17 15:36:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah i lost interest when it was announced, Why? Because this game is 7 years old lol, The graphics need updating so do the servers..It's way easy to get stuff now, There's practically no challenge for anything. And like hell i'm going to waste all my RL time just seeking >_>; FF14 sounds great! Something new yes please...
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-07-17 15:48:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Sheila said:
I cant wait for FF14 =]
 Cerberus.Nieko
Server: Cerberus
user: Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-07-17 16:14:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:
Sheila said:
I cant wait for FF14 =]

At first I wasnt gonna jump ship. Found out about SE not using the forsaken POL and now I'm ready for XIV. I'm sick of POL-60257 every month >.>
 Valefor.Lilbusta
Server: Valefor
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-07-17 16:28:02
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not gonna lost interest since I really haven't got much done since playing. Now if 14 is about the same price as 11 then I'll jump ship.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-07-17 17:04:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't lost interest in ffxi, but not going to post anymore in Ah, b/c I have become disallusionedabout few things about the AH, especialy some of the kin folk here.

I will go to see if my items have sold, but thats that.
too much drama and too many ppl /toss'n troll names out to everyone!

I've said what I said.. you know who you are...

I wish you the best of luck in your so called RL's!

/cheer!!
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-17 17:07:32
Link | Quote | Reply

from what I've heard, FF14 is basically like WoW, without the jumping. Easy missions, DIY type stuff, no need for parties or whatever. I hope this isn't true, oh yeah, I ain't jumpin ship.
 Cerberus.Nieko
Server: Cerberus
user: Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-07-17 17:09:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Neonracer said:
I haven't lost interest in ffxi, but not going to post anymore in Ah, b/c I have become disallusionedabout few things about the AH, especialy some of the kin folk here.

/cheer!!

why post this at all?
[+]
 Caitsith.Ryder
user: ryder75
By Caitsith.Ryder 2009-07-17 20:00:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I have lost some interest, because I'm wondering more about how FFXIV is going to be like, than what I need to do next on FFXI.. I think SE did it on purpose, they wanna get rid of FFXI, why? who knows (maybe this should be another thread). If they would've name FFXIV something else, I'm guessing it wouldn't generate this much attention from FFXI players, it would just be another game coming out, naming it FFXIV creates angst and excitement. But like most of you, I will continue to play FFXI until something better beats it..
[+]
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-07-17 20:43:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:
Sheila said:
I cant wait for FF14 =]
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-17 21:07:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Neonracer said:

/cheer!!

/
[+]
 Lakshmi.Franklyn
Server: Lakshmi
user: Franklyn
By Lakshmi.Franklyn 2009-07-18 05:12:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Sort of somewhere in the middle, sucks that most of my friends think that because 14 is coming out there's not much left for them to do, so they quit, but I still have goals that I had set years ago that I want to complete before the next game comes out; Maat's cap, crafts complete etc. I'll keep playing until I finish what I set out to do or until my friendlist is bare whichever comes first.
 Bismarck.Oldmancebi
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Oldmancebi 2009-07-29 08:29:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I lost interest when you get douchefucks talking in /shout in Whitegate all the time, whats wrong with using /tell? Can't even see whats on chat log or shout for anything without some *** talking shouting "Hey Guys DING 69BRD" and everyone clapping like seals afterward seriously stfu.
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-29 08:41:43
Link | Quote | Reply

God forbid an MMO should be social.
 Diabolos.Neokaingel
Server: Diabolos
user: GRX3000
By Diabolos.Neokaingel 2009-08-10 10:32:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Caiyuo said:
In this case I think the main apathy towards 11 is because everyone's expecting 14 to just be a much improved and overall better version of 11, so dealing with all the problems and shitty systems and mechanics of 11 isn't too appealing.

The thing that gets me about it, though, is how many people think that FFXIV is just going to be a "new, improved FFXI", that FFXI was nothing but a big beta test for XIV, or that FFXI is broken in some way and they are eager to move on.

For one thing, we don't really know how FFXIV is going to be...we've got a couple minutes of trailer and some really basic Q&A. FFXIV may be nothing like FFXI, and probably won't be. They may change the core game play so much, in trying to appeal to a broader crowd (which makes all the business sense in the world) that a lot of FFXI players may be alienated by FFXIV. People ready to bail on FFXI for the new one may be severely disappointed by the new offering. Look at FFVIII...Square (don't think they were SE yet then) wanted to try something completely different from their last installment, which was a ridiculously huge hit, and a LOT of people were not happy at all with the result. I was one of them (although, in retrospect, I think I was too harsh on the game, and want to give it another shot now that I've "matured" a bit, so to speak)

And in the suggestion threads, so many people rant and rave how they don't want to play WoW, but so many suggestions are modified versions of things WoW does. SE, from a business standpoint, would be stupid to NOT incorporate those things that make WoW as popular as it is. I guarantee that it's gonna be geared more towards casual play...the only real press I've seen about FFXI lately is how that one LS fought PW for 18 hours straight, and the negative fallout from that. You think SE isn't going to look at that and say "Players don't like that, the general public doesn't like that, we're not doing that this time around"?

Soloability in this new game is guaranteed as well. We want to be able to solo, it's obvious. SE added things like Campaign and FoV to give us some soloability in FFXI, but it obviously wasn't enough, so expect the new game to have soloing be a pretty core component. I don't necessarily agree with it; if you can solo, what's the point of joining parties at all, outside of raiding?. I mean, what, we just gonna get together once a week to do the new version of Dynamis and Salvage and spend the rest of our time grinding our levels on our own?

Anyways, for the people that are just tired of FFXI and want something new, I totally understand. I just don't see what FFXIV has to do with it though. I mean, so many people are chomping at the bit to get the hell out of Vana'diel, I hear it in game how "tired people are of the *** grind" and "the same tired ***day after day"...if it sucks so bad why do you play FFXI at all? I wouldn't play a game that was free if it bored me to tears, let alone pay for it...

Oh well...for those that dip out ASAP for the new game I hope they enjoy it. I'm just not gonna be too surprised if I see some people back in FFXI a few weeks later...and with a renewed appreciation for it, flaws and all.

I couldn't agree more. Only an insane person would pay for something they don't like.
 Asura.Artemicion
Server: Asura
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-08-10 10:35:09
Link | Quote | Reply

We'll just have to wait and see til it comes out. Until then I'm going to enjoy what I still got going in FFXI and squeeeeee @ new content/info/pictures for XIV.
 Diabolos.Neokaingel
Server: Diabolos
user: GRX3000
By Diabolos.Neokaingel 2009-08-10 10:53:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Oldmancebi said:
I lost interest when you get douchefucks talking in /shout in Whitegate all the time, whats wrong with using /tell? Can't even see whats on chat log or shout for anything without some *** talking shouting "Hey Guys DING 69BRD" and everyone clapping like seals afterward seriously stfu.

Yeah, now go play some non-mmo game.
 Garuda.Valdrake
Server: Garuda
user: Valdrake
By Garuda.Valdrake 2009-08-10 10:54:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't say FFXIV made my lose interest. but w/all the bannings i've been seeing i'm quickly losing intrest.
I know people who got banned for the gardening incident and the credit card tho most people do end up coming back some just don't care anymore. its too much of a hassle.

One of the key factors that made me lose intrest is the fact that SE is still supporting the PS2... myself i'd LOVE to see a new xpac. maybe take us to the isle of Tashya, or something. wotg has been our almost 2 years and its not even done yet?!

I also have noticed a large chunk of friends of mine, and LS mates have all quit moved to wow for the time while they're waiting on XIV. I don't blame them.
 Pandemonium.Raudy
user: Raudy
By Pandemonium.Raudy 2009-08-11 19:58:02
Link | Quote | Reply

ffxiv didnt kill it for me. fov did though. too many players duo/trio fov pages, making it tougher to full xp party. and my work/family schedule didnt allow a whole lot of screw off time in game, so i just soloed fovs. after awhile i said *** it, if im gonna play solo i ll just replay console rpgs for no monthly payment.
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
user: liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2009-08-11 20:17:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I did lose interest for a few weeks but it came back to normal now. The reason I loved FFXI so much is because of how hard it used to be. I really enjoyed not being able to reach the top even after playing countless hours.

But FFXI is and will be the only big time sink game I will ever play. If FFXIV is more like WoW and more "solo" oriented I will definitely play. This is what I want now, I want to be able to enjoy the Final Fantasy universe and music in a more laid back play style. I don't want it to be too easy and I doubt it will be, I am sure there will be some very challenging things to do in parties. I am pretty sure FFXIV will be a winner for me and till then I will enjoy the time I have left in FFXI.
 Carbuncle.Skyshadow
Server: Carbuncle
user: Skyshadow
By Carbuncle.Skyshadow 2009-08-20 16:42:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Watching these new videos of the landscape and characters how could you not loose interest.
Character animations / Tarutaru gameplay and Weather Effects down below, Amazing.
http://www.gametrailers.com/game/final-fantasy-xiv-online/11432
 Caitsith.Kavien
user: Kavien
By Caitsith.Kavien 2009-08-20 16:55:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Kungfuhustle said:
is there a beta version of FFXIV for 360? I wanna try it.

You really dumb dont you?
I think there is no even a beta out yet, those videos are taken from someplace, and FFXIV is PC and PS3... So go buy a ps3 just like what im going to do just for ffxiv... they going to be 300$, ps3 slim and the normal one.
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2009-08-20 16:55:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I might eventually go to FFXIV if it's more focused on solo stuff, but for the time being for the next few years anyways, I'll probably still stick with FFXI. If 14 turns out to be as big a time sink as 11 is, I'm done after 11.