users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » MNK and STP
MNK and STP
 Ramuh.Pyromaster
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
By Ramuh.Pyromaster 2012-12-09 17:21:05
Link | Quote | Reply

so i have found the final fantasy DD god (spreadsheet) and its amazing and it seems to be very accurate but iv been playing around with it, and i seem to have noticed some things was just so hard to prove/figure out/agree with.

the major one here was STP item, when fighting qilin apparently the hagia ammo stone is the best for that slot, now im trying but i cant tell if the 3stp actually does bring up a x hit or not, because it makes the overall dps go up but i dont know if its working on some other formula than when tp hits 100

the second is when iswitched it to ig, the same thing happens that brisk mask beats pretty much everything, which i could only assume is the mixture of stp and the extra acc, but the main point is, is the stp input on the spreadsheet accurate for the dps of mnks?
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-12-09 17:29:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes. If you use WS right at 100tp ofc, which you should really do as much on monk as on any other DD.
 Phoenix.Suji
Server: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-12-09 21:49:44
Link | Quote | Reply

That's not quite true-- it actually factors in human error via the "Over TP rounds" field, which I think is partly why even small increases in store tp that you wouldn't expect to increase your x-hit can still increase your overall DPS.

Default is it assumes that a human, even trying their best, will still on average waste about a half-round of TP per WS cycle.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-12-09 22:00:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Well yeah I did'nt really mean right at the dot, but you explained well enough how it works atleast xD
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [62 days between previous and next post]
 Leviathan.Mdkuser
Server: Leviathan
user: monchat
By Leviathan.Mdkuser 2013-02-10 03:49:31
Link | Quote | Reply

for verethragna the good STP amounts to get are those that give 5.3, 5.5, 5.9 and 6.0 TP/hit (assuming you don't use moonshade earring). There is no point in gearign for STP if you dont WS the very moment you get 100 tp (like any job).
By Kyler 2013-02-10 13:48:25
Link | Quote | Reply

While human error is a good thing to factor in, the spreadsheets are most likely indicating that there is an advantage to overflow for VS, and that in high pdif capped acc situations, overflow is often greater than minute amounts of attack or wasted acc. In capped acc/pdif situations the only improvements you can make in slots are stp or multiattack/kick attacks.

In other words, if you are actually getting adequate buffs on something like qilin, you are not going to want to use the same set as something like Ig alima.

Sounds obvious but i see its a common enough mistake.
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-02-10 14:17:19
Link | Quote | Reply

You mean people don't use autoexec auto-ws scripts?

when tp > 99 -> input /weapon skill

It's rather handy, when fighting stuff in abyssea or when you don't care to pay attention.
By Kyler 2013-02-10 14:29:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Regardless, you are going to get overflow from multiattacks on your last round, or being hit by mobs w/e

It's not like you can stop attacking mid round to WS then finish your DA/TA/QA after however nice that may sound.
 Leviathan.Mdkuser
By Leviathan.Mdkuser 2013-02-11 05:56:16
Link | Quote | Reply

TP overflow is different from human error. TP overflow is something you have to deal with, and of courses it diminishes the bonus from store TP (it's why STP is kinda useless in abyssea). For the same reason "X-hit builds" are miningless as all DDs can now stack a lot of multi attacks, especially MNKs. Only the average numbers of attack rounds to reach 100 TP is meaningfull, and you can get an estimate of this number with montenten's spread sheets or througth a simulation for a more accurate number.

For example, my current "standard" TP set is @ 3.07 attacks per round and 5.97 rounds until weapon skill on average, if I don't use moonshade earring nor special stp gear.

Those number are not easy to compute, and are influenced by stuffs like conserve TP and multi attacks during WS as well.

If i decide to make a moonshade earring my round/WS jumps to 5.71, while my attack/round stays the same. My damage improves by 5.97/5.71=4.5%, which is much better than what the extra 5 attack on ghillie +1 would give me.

After that if I decide to reach the 6.0 store TP tier, I need 13 more store TP. Doing this puts my round/WS at 5.29, making it an improvement of 5.71/5.29=8% more damage.

However if I dont pay attention on MNK I lose 6.97/5.97=16% of my damage. So yeah if you dont pay attention store TP or moonshade is not for you, its only for MNK who actually want to do more damage.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-02-11 06:18:00
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
Server: Carbuncle
user: Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2013-02-11 06:30:22
Link | Quote | Reply

lol.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-02-11 08:03:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Weird! I never learned that math worked differently in French!
[+]
By Valentine 2013-02-11 08:46:13
Link | Quote | Reply

oh ***my pants special stp gear!
By Kyler 2013-02-11 11:21:32
Link | Quote | Reply

There are still significant gains from lowering your MINIMUM(not just average) number of attack rounds per ws cycle and while I agree with most of what was said mathematically speaking, the reality is that this case seldom occurs.

I don't have time atm to check the fTP breakdown of VS but I can almost garuntees that overflow and TP bonus gear isn't hindering your performance no matter how much human error, or situational TP hiding you are doing. Unless you only ws at 300% , in which case you can ignore any post about efficiency and what's best.
 Leviathan.Mdkuser
By Leviathan.Mdkuser 2013-02-17 07:58:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Lowering the minimum does nothing. Lowering the maximum is what people do when optimizing Xhit builds. For example 5-hit SAM means 1-WS +maximum of 4 rounds to reach 100 TP. Lowering the maximum is the first step, after that you lower the average if it's worth it.
 Odin.Sawtelle
Server: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2013-02-17 08:28:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Aren't hit builds specifically lowering the minimum?

5hit: you will get your TP in a minimum of 1 ws +4 swings

4hit: you will get your TP in a minimum of 1WS+3swings

you could miss 2 attacks while using a 5 hit and take 1 ws+ 7swings. The maximum is always going to be theoretically infinite, because there is an acc cap and you could just miss endlessly. Thus hit builds, and store tp, only affect the minimum and the average.
[+]