Content ID no longer valid
First Page 2
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-02 06:49:06
Link | Quote | Reply

So I was forced off ffxi and try to log back on and my main character and all my mules that I had before last years mog bonaza Have error code FFXI-3116 cannot select character. Character's content ID is no longer valid. Please restore the content ID to select this character.
Anyone have any clue why this happened especially only to my older characters? Or how to fix? I went to the reactivate content ID but yeah something about can't cause of maintenance... and anyone else having this problem?
 Valefor.Ghuda
Server: Valefor
user: Ghuda
By Valefor.Ghuda 2009-06-02 06:50:37
Link | Quote | Reply

im gonna guess its a maintenance issue maybe just wait?
[+]
 Remora.Pyp
Server: Remora
user: pyp
By Remora.Pyp 2009-06-02 06:59:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ghuda said:
im gonna guess its a maintenance issue maybe just wait?

Maintenance. When the registration server maintenance is finished you will be able to work on your Content ID's. I'm waiting as well.
 Cerberus.Maryanne
Server: Cerberus
user: Maryanne
By Cerberus.Maryanne 2009-06-02 07:00:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Just happened to us too, Das. We had to switch up credit cards (new number) and it canceled a bunch of our IDs.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-02 07:05:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Maryanne said:
Just happened to us too, Das. We had to switch up credit cards (new number) and it canceled a bunch of our IDs.

Hmmm I did switch credit card numbers recently a couple of months ago... though wouldn't really explain why it only hit my older accounts since the others have been around since last bonaza. Very annoying after a night of no sleep and still have lots of synth mats to farm so a friend can try and HQ some weskits tonight... also playonline mentions nothing about any maintenance... maybe somehow they messed it up yesterday and it took till now for it to break my characters?
 Cerberus.Maryanne
user: Maryanne
By Cerberus.Maryanne 2009-06-02 07:09:40
Link | Quote | Reply

That's probably what it is, don't worry about it too much. Registration maintenance should be over in two hours. =/
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-02 07:41:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bah they better not require me to find all my old registration codes... I haven't seen those books in forever
 Ramuh.Urial
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2009-06-02 08:14:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Maryanne said:
That's probably what it is, don't worry about it too much. Registration maintenance should be over in two hours. =/

lol should, hahaha this is SE we are talking about.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-02 08:46:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol epic now all my characters are *** yays
 Ramuh.Urial
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2009-06-02 08:47:47
Link | Quote | Reply

wtf you better have that ***fixed by tomorrow night!
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-06-02 08:49:16
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

No issues here. Hope you get it fixed soon guys.
Surprised SE didn't kick me off onto the deadbeat bandwagon since I made my bank deposit yesterday >.>
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-06-02 08:49:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Maryanne said:

Crap and I just added my new card too, I hope I didnt have my content ID's cancelled...
 Gilgamesh.Phalon
user: patience
By Gilgamesh.Phalon 2009-06-02 08:53:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Just update your payment information BEFORE you get canceled. If you wait for it it will happen.

(um... Alyria.... where is that avatar from >.> )
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-06-02 08:55:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Phalon said:
Just update your payment information BEFORE you get canceled. If you wait for it it will happen.

Googled it and I think it was on photobucket. I found it under Gothic Moments/Gothic Precious Moments
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-02 08:56:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Phalon said:

Little hard when I had no idea I was gonna be cancelled... for that matter my info is completely up to date hasn't changed one bit since I last updated it a few months ago
 Asura.Ericka
Server: Asura
user: foxxie
By Asura.Ericka 2009-06-02 09:22:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Same with my ID :( Hopefully i can get on later..
 Cerberus.Oric
user: Oric
By Cerberus.Oric 2009-06-02 09:23:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably a little off topic but funny story...

Few months back, I logged onto PoL only to find a message saying "You're PoL account has been canceled." Naturally i'm like "WTF?11!1"... Well to shorten this story abit, come to find out my bank had canceled my debit card due to some sort of sercurity breech or whatever without warning and then sent me a new one.

So, PoL tries to bill me, card gets rejected blah blah blah. Ended up having to pay 2 months fees + $10 late payment fee just to get my account reactivated.

Gotta love it XD
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-02 10:02:09
Link | Quote | Reply

So now a full hour after the maintenance should be over and still not... and how the *** I lost my content IDs... and even with the huge time break inbetween losing the 1st and 2nd half is starting to confuse me I HATE SE.
 Garuda.Amara
Server: Garuda
user: Amara
By Garuda.Amara 2009-06-02 10:17:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Happened to me as well... usually happens every few months when I don't put money on my prepaid credit card soon enough. Basically your payment was rejected/didn't go through. Once registration maintenance is over you will be able to reactivate your char and your mules. I came home from work expection not to be able to log on. But my newest mule was still active for about 30 minutes then I got booted from the server. Happened that way last time as well. Was booted off main and slowly off each of my mules within the next few hours.

Registration maintenance was announced it is every month for 2 days the 1st and 2nd of the month. But this month it was extended by an hour, it should be up now if not shortly then.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-02 10:23:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I checked my card it was fine
 Garuda.Amara
By Garuda.Amara 2009-06-02 10:25:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Just have to wait till the servers are back up and try inputing the card info again.
 Lakshmi.Strey
Server: Lakshmi
user: Strey
By Lakshmi.Strey 2009-06-02 10:26:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Geez what happend to everything, I got banned cause of some stupid charge back and waiting for my e-mail to be un banned >.> I hope i have my ID's when I get it back....

And if anyone else was innocently bammed you should go get it bac even though the message says will not be reinstated under any circumstances, it was a Se flaw. I almost gave up and called it quits before somone told me about it :x
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-02 10:28:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Amara said:
Just have to wait till the servers are back up and try inputing the card info again.

yeah... only 1.5 hours late so far. On a mistake that shouldnt have happened. I mean really how do you mess this one up? Hell servers are up supposedly
 Garuda.Amara
By Garuda.Amara 2009-06-02 10:29:52
Link | Quote | Reply

You were actually banned? O.o I usually just have a message saying that my content ID are deactivated and need to be reactivated.

It's SE how do they not mess it up more often? o.O
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-02 10:35:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I was more wondering how right when there doing maintenance that prevents me from reactivating my ID do they for the first time in like 5+ years of playing do they also right then deactivate mine? I mean epic timing no?
 Garuda.Amara
By Garuda.Amara 2009-06-02 10:43:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Server is back up now, you will have to go to Service and Support on the main page, then update payment information, then reactivate content ID.
After that go to the screen with play and shows about token sales and buying the new expansion and go to content ID and reactivate them there.... lots of *** to get your account back up lol
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-02 10:45:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously stupid /sigh
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-02 10:52:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol not sure how or why they did it but seems my CC info was changed back to my old one... after like only charging my new one a couple of times. So fail
 Lakshmi.Strey
Server: Lakshmi
user: Strey
By Lakshmi.Strey 2009-06-02 10:57:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Amara said:
You were actually banned? O.o I usually just have a message saying that my content ID are deactivated and need to be reactivated.

It's SE how do they not mess it up more often? o.O

Yup once i try to log in i get its message:

This account has been banned due to violation of the Playonline Final Fantisy Xi agreements. Accounts that have been banned will not be reinstated under any circumstances. please refer to the "Account Penalties" page under "Online Manners" in the Rules & Policies" section of the official website for details on account penalties.
(LM-17)

I talked to support and he said it was due to charge back they will ask for your ID and first and last four digits of current credit card then said he sent a request to unbann and will e-mail me when its good to go. Looked online and evedently happend to a bunch of people I just hope ppl notice and not like me was just going to give up after hearing " Accounts that have been banned will not be reinstated under any circumstances."
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-02 11:02:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Epic now it wont let me link all my mules to one handle...
First Page 2