Dark Souls & other Souls-Likes
First Page 2 3 ... 155 156 157 ... 224 225 226
Server: Sargatanas
Game: FFXIV
user: Ravant
By Ravant Lehnsherr 2014-04-28 08:09:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said: »
And I actually thought the Gargoyles were the hardest boss in the game. Something about a boss clusterfuck just hurts. I think, unlike Watcher/Defender, Since the Gargoyles have a very simple AI (Pretty much regular mob AI), it works in their favor. Much more likely to get ganked in a corner than you are in any other battle.

I personally thought Smelter Demon was the hardest for me. Gargoyles and W/D weren't too bad if you played safe. With enough damage you could take out the first Garg asap and focus on the them 1 by 1 before getting overwhelmed and with W/D solo melee it's all about patience and baiting out attacks until you see an opening. You gotta watch that if you attack 1 that the other isn't going to capitalize on you be temporarily vulnerable.
Server: Balmung
By Raein Tilgung 2014-04-28 19:16:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe I'm just getting a lot of bad players but PC Players suuuuck at fighting the Ruin Sentinels thus far.

Hard to get a free estus refill and repair with them sucking so bad. :<
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-04-28 20:08:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ravant Lehnsherr said: »
And I actually thought the Gargoyles were the hardest boss in the game. Something about a boss clusterfuck just hurts. I think, unlike Watcher/Defender, Since the Gargoyles have a very simple AI (Pretty much regular mob AI), it works in their favor. Much more likely to get ganked in a corner than you are in any other battle.

I personally thought Smelter Demon was the hardest for me. Gargoyles and W/D weren't too bad if you played safe. With enough damage you could take out the first Garg asap and focus on the them 1 by 1 before getting overwhelmed and with W/D solo melee it's all about patience and baiting out attacks until you see an opening. You gotta watch that if you attack 1 that the other isn't going to capitalize on you be temporarily vulnerable.

I had a very hard time with Smelter Demon too... Some people claim he's easy, but as a primarily melee build with only slow Lighting Spells for ranged (Which I typically use to to Binocular snipe with) I think you can see why I had a hard time, and agree partially.

Watcher Defender I thought was actually really easy, I actually fought them as soon as I got the King's seal, as opposed to... later. (Ambiguity for spoilers as PC players haven't had the game too long)

The Defender's Greatsword is a Critical piece of my favorite Build. Up until I got it, I was using Heide Knight Sword (Lightning) +10, which is a solid weapon with an adaptable move set, but lacks the amazing "S" Faith Scaling (And decent C Strength) of the Defender's Greatsword. To say nothing of it's built-in Sunlight blade power. (Durability willing)

Looking Glass Knight sword worked for a while, but I had a bad habit of using it's special (Which is insanely strong if you land a direct hit + Melee) too much and breaking the Fragile Blade. Also, one of my favorite things to do was Dress up as LGK and be summoned in NG+ as a Mirror Squire, as in, be summoned as an Invader by The Looking Glass Knight. (To do this, drop Red Soapstone in the hall with all the Stone Twinblade *** Horsefuckers)

Sophie Tilgung said: »
Maybe I'm just getting a lot of bad players but PC Players suuuuck at fighting the Ruin Sentinels thus far.

Hard to get a free estus refill and repair with them sucking so bad. :<

One of the best music tracks in the game too. Shared by *** Smelter Demon, but that fight is too tense to appreciate it.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2014-04-28 20:25:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Smelter demon is very easy once you get his attack patterns, easy to dodge everything. The only challenge is killing him before your healing runs out from fire aura.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-04-28 20:33:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dramatica said: »
Smelter demon is very easy once you get his attack patterns, easy to dodge everything. The only challenge is killing him before your healing runs out from fire aura.

As a general rule, any boss that requires you to learn their entire attack pattern is really *** hard. Like Ruin Sentinels I didn't have to learn ***. Just dive under their hammer and don't get damage greedy.

Smelter Demon's *** *** fire aura means observation is compromised...

Also, I personally believe your greatest enemy is your own Estus Flask. That thing has killed me more than any boss.

Oh, I almost forgot about Baleful Queen Cuntooze or w/e. I couldn't figure out the windmill thing until I got mad and started beating things up with a torch... That took about 40 deaths btw. What's funny is once I got her to <5% poison and all. I would have won but I got python'd. Used all my counter-poison items too so I never got another dumbass attempt.
Server: Hyperion
By Magnus Wolfwood 2014-04-28 22:22:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm having hard time killing the Elder Dragon with coops, but they die by first or second Rain of Fire every time. Still on first NG, 149 level, whole smelter set with some upgrades, fire ring+2, and I still die with one hit.
By Fumiku 2014-04-28 22:31:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Dont wear armor or fire def for that fight. It is a waste.

Take one person with you. Run in, one person on the left the other on the right. Stay about 1/4 offset from the center of his face to the edge of the board. If you run too deep too fast he will jump. If you do it right 9/10x he will do conal breath. Attack the front feet a couple of times (attacking too much you wont be able to run backwards) and get ready for the down fire attack. Run backwards when he jumps and wait for the fire to stop.

After the fire stops, run back towards the dragon about 1/2 way and wait for conal attack. Rinse and repeat.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-04-28 23:10:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Easier way to defeat Ancient Dragon is Gwyrm Greatshield (Total Fire resistance). If you have enough Stamina to absorb two attacks from his instant-kill fire, it's pretty much impossible to lose the fight.

If you don't meet the Strength requirements for the Gwyrm Greatshield, try two-handing it.

There's also an exploit you can use, but I don't condone those.

Additional Tip: Stay Locked onto his head so you know where the Rain Of Fire Attack will be centered.
[+]
By Magnus Wolfwood 2014-04-29 01:29:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I had two co-ops (one of them was NPC) but both of them died at 85%, and I was about to use the old feather.... BUT I remembered your posts and then I decided to give it a try and... this happened:

Thanks very much, Fumiku & Zicdeh!
[+]
Server: Sargatanas
user: Ravant
By Ravant Lehnsherr 2014-04-29 07:05:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Watcher Defender I thought was actually really easy, I actually fought them as soon as I got the King's seal, as opposed to... later. (Ambiguity for spoilers as PC players haven't had the game too long)

Yes I did the same.
VIP
By Kalila 2014-04-30 01:47:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Dark Souls developer 'From Software' bought by Kadokawa

From Software, developer of Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2, has been bought out by Japanese publisher Kadokawa.

Kadokawa will acquire 80 per cent of From Software stock, Siliconera reported, in a deal to be finalised on 21st May. There's no word yet on how much money changed hands.

Despite only recently becoming famous in the West due to Dark Souls' rise in popularity, From Software was originally founded in 1986 and has numerous franchises to its name. Most notable is its mech action series Armored Core (now up to its 15th instalment) plus the long-running ninja franchise Tenchu.

The Kadokawa group, meanwhile, comprises a number of publishing companies that deal with games, films, books and magazines. The firm has previously published several Suda51 titles (such as Lollipop Chainsaw), but is also now focusing on development of its own titles, such as PS3, PS4 and Vita strategy game Natural Doctrine.

The two companies will both benefit from the buyout, From Software boss Naotoshi Zin stated, which will enhance game development.

"With a new system, from this point on, I believe we'll be able to make newer and more in depth games," he said.

Magazines published

.hack//G.U.: The World
Asuka
Asuka CIEL
Comp Ace
Comptiq
Gundam Ace
Kerokero Ace
Monthly Ace Next (discontinued)
Newtype
Shōnen Ace
The Sneaker
Young Ace
Altima Ace

Manga titles published

.hack//Legend of the Twilight
Angelic Layer
Baka and Test
Bio Booster Armor Guyver
Black Rock Shooter
Brain Powerd
Cardfight!! Vanguard
Chrono Crusade

Cloverfield/Kishin (prequel to movie)
Cowboy Bebop
Code Geass
Cowboy Bebop: Shooting Star
Dragon Half
Girls Bravo
Escaflowne The movie: Girl In Gaya
Escaflowne: The Series
Hakkenden
Haruhi Suzumiya
Highschool of the Dead
Junjo Romantica: Pure Romance
Kannazuki no Miko
Kerberos Panzer Cop
Legal Drug
Lucky Star
Ludwig II
Maoyū Maō Yūsha
Marionette Generation
Martian Successor Nadesico
Mirai Nikki
Miyuki-chan in Wonderland
Multiple Personality Detective Psycho
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Nichijou
Record of Lodoss War
Rental Magica
Romeo x Juliet
Sekaiichi Hatsukoi
Sgt. Frog
Shangri-La
Shibuya Fifteen
Shirahime-Syo: Snow Goddess Tales
Slayers
Sora no Otoshimono
Steel Angel Kurumi
Strider Hiryu
Tenchi Muyo!
The One I Love
The Vision of Escaflowne
Tokumei Kakarichō Tadano Hitoshi
Shin Tokumei Kakarichō Tadano Hitoshi
Trinity Blood
X
Yamada Taro Monogatari

Video game related

Published

Abarenbou Princess
Buile Baku (known in Europe as Detonator) (developed by KAZe)
Sorcerous Stabber Orphen
Yōkai Buster: Ruka no Daibōken (known in North America as The Jetsons: Invasion of the Planet Pirates) (Developed by Sting)
Lodoss Tou Senki (Developed by HummingBirdSoft) (Super Famicom) 1995
Rodea the Sky Soldier
Sora no Otoshimono Forte: Dreamy Season (Nintendo DS) 2011
Steins;Gate (PlayStation Portable) 2011
Lollipop Chainsaw
Killer is Dead

Developed

Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete
Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete
EbiKore+ Amagami (PlayStation Portable)
Earth Seeker
Sora no Otoshimono Forte: Dreamy Season (Nintendo DS) 2011
Kantai Collection
Natural Doctrine
Demon Gaze
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2014-04-30 03:06:34
Link | Quote | Reply

so they are the developers of Lunar 1 and Lunar 2?

count me in!, officially stoked for DS3 lol.
 Remora.Brain
Server: Remora
user: Arucaurd
By Remora.Brain 2014-04-30 05:07:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I seem to have become a little tired of DaS2. The game is fun and all, but the world feels a lot more empty than the other souls games. The lore just isn't quite up to par with what I was hoping for I guess. Hopefully there'll be some DLC in the future to remedy that.

I've been playing Demon's Souls lately. Really wishing we'd get some more DeS elements back into the DaS games.

I'm gonna put some lore theories in spoilers.
By Raein Tilgung 2014-04-30 06:00:45
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
VIP
By Kalila 2014-04-30 09:33:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Ghaleon said: »
so they are the developers of Lunar 1 and Lunar 2?

count me in!, officially stoked for DS3 lol.
It's still a bit scary. I mean, why else would they buy From Software if not to take advantage of the DS ip? Do they really want to fund it and provide the resources to make it a AAA title? DS has never been about the graphics, but it's hard to deny that DS2 deserved better.

I personally am a bit disappointed that the CEO of From Soft desired to bail after the title started to gain success. He probably has been looking for a way out for awhile, or the offer was too good to ignore. This really could damage the IP forever, and to sell would really put the blame on you. I would personally like to see them put Hidetaka Miyazaki back into the leading role in developing DS2 expansions and/or DS3, or probably a new IP since Namco Bandai might be out of the picture, but they were only a publisher, not sure how that works.

Anyways, this isn't "good" news or "bad" news until we see the result of it in a year or so.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-04-30 10:07:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Dark Souls II definitely doesn't hold up the same way Dark Souls 1 does in terms of the world-building. I even think a lot of the art is less memorable. I personally never had a moment of awe in Dark Souls 2 like I did in DS1's Darkroot Garden, looking over the Hydra pond and back even up to the Divine Blacksmith's tower.

Then again, while nowhere is as Memorable as Darkroot Garden, nowhere is as terrible and rushed as Lost Izalith.

Also, probably my biggest problem (mechanically) with Dark Souls 2 is how indistinct the weapons feel compared to DS2. I hope I'm not the only person who felt like that.

Still, probably the best game of the year thus far.

Then again, Destiny and Inquisition have yet to come out (And Witcher 3 Delay, called it!)... Watch Dogs might have had a chance, but I think the whole "Bull-shot" PR Nightmare they recently suffered is going to bring that game down more than it objectively deserves. And then there's the Indie stuff like Child of Light.
 Carbuncle.Laili
Server: Carbuncle
user: Syna
By Carbuncle.Laili 2014-04-30 10:26:11
Link | Quote | Reply

you know one thing that bothers me is i'm not sure if anyone else have this problem but at time it seems like me and my friend always has problems trying to do co-op together i mean i can put my summoning sign down for hours and i don't get one summon my friend can put his down and he get summoned like every 10min i know we are same level and same soul memory and i do see blood stains and ghosts of other people and i hardly ever see anyone else summon signs anyone else have this problem?
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-04-30 10:37:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Laili said: »
you know one thing that bothers me is i'm not sure if anyone else have this problem but at time it seems like me and my friend always has problems trying to do co-op together i mean i can put my summoning sign down for hours and i don't get one summon my friend can put his down and he get summoned like every 10min i know we are same level and same soul memory and i do see blood stains and ghosts of other people and i hardly ever see anyone else summon signs anyone else have this problem?

Check your region lock settings.

Allowing Cross-Region play will obviously raise the amount of possible Co-Op opportunities. (And Invaders)

Also, if you're in the Covenant called "Company of Champions" you cannot summon, or be summoned. Also, you take Double Damage and Deal half damage, this applies while fighting Invaders too.
 Remora.Brain
Server: Remora
user: Arucaurd
By Remora.Brain 2014-04-30 14:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not so worried about the purchase. They published two Suda51 games. It makes me think they aren't afraid to publish a game that's not being pushed as a super high dollar, must succeed project that needs to be heavily altered to meet their standards.

However if they f*ck up the first new Souls content that's the end of the series. Souls games cater to a very specific audience, and I don't think they'll put up with too much more watering down of the series, or changes to the formula. The controls also have to be the same.
By Magnus Wolfwood 2014-04-30 15:02:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Suddenly, someone dared to summon me for a duel...

By Raein Tilgung 2014-04-30 15:13:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Rediscovered my one true love from Dark Souls.

Curved Greatswords. HNNNNNGH
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-04-30 15:18:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Arced Sword from Flexile?
By Raein Tilgung 2014-04-30 15:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah, 'kumo is better. Curved Dragon is even better. By rediscover, I meant using them again.

Sooo good.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-04-30 15:52:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Murakumo survived the transition to Dark Souls 2 for sure, I can't say the same about the Claymore I used to use.
By Raein Tilgung 2014-04-30 16:01:14
Link | Quote | Reply

'kumo survived the transition because it kept it's power when everything else, for the most part, was weakened.

I think it's because they realized that with its weight it was more of an ultra greatsword than a greatsword and was configured to go along with the ultra greatswords in power.
By volkom 2014-05-01 10:14:48
Link | Quote | Reply

was playing some dark souls 2 last night. Summoned a fellow phantom for some jolly co-operation and the dude calls me a *** for using the craftsman hammer. like wtf ; ~ ;

not sure if I appreciate the voice chat to the game
By Raein Tilgung 2014-05-01 11:01:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Hammers are really good this time around. Not sure why he'd call you a *** for using one.
By Raein Tilgung 2014-05-02 15:13:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Gankers everywhere. ._.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-05-02 15:18:40
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
was playing some dark souls 2 last night. Summoned a fellow phantom for some jolly co-operation and the dude calls me a *** for using the craftsman hammer. like wtf ; ~ ;

not sure if I appreciate the voice chat to the game

Disable in the global settings. I know I did.

I'm really not too sure why someone would single out the Craftsman's hammer as the "***" weapon. It's got decent reach, damage and very high stagger, but it's no Mastadon Halberd in terms of total *** weapons.
By Raein Tilgung 2014-05-02 16:39:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, Phantom Range on everything. Some of it is stupidly long too.
First Page 2 3 ... 155 156 157 ... 224 225 226