Beast Master Job Adjustments - Answers To User Sug

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Beast Master Job Adjustments - Answers to User Sug
Beast Master Job Adjustments - Answers to User Sug
First Page 2 3
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-08-16 11:22:10
Link | Quote | Reply

08-16-2011 08:03 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Beastmaster feedback!

Grab Kodo and Podo to read over these updates with you!
Quote:
I would like the amount of charges that get expended reduced.
We’ll look into this when we review the overall pet system. We plan to adjust imbalances between the effect and the amount of necessary charges.
Quote:
I would like pets’ special abilities to be performed by either charge only or TP only.
TP is necessary to perform any ability, and the charge is necessary to choose the type of ability that is used. If the requirements for the ability are removed, the abilities themselves would be restricted as well, so it would be better to revise the required amount of charges, instead of simply removing requirements.
Quote:
I would like to use Sic to command my pet to use a special ability when it wants to, and Ready to command my pet to use a special ability immediately.
This is an interesting idea. This could only be used for called beasts, but we will look into this. As a warning, developing and implementing this feature will probably take a very long time.
Quote:
I would like the recast timer for Ready to be shortened.
We will look into this when we review merit point adjustments.
Quote:
I would like to be able to use charm even when I already have a pet.
From a development standpoint, this is possible if we spend some time on it. However, for balancing reasons, we do not plan on making this possible.
Quote:
When battling multiple monsters, I want my pet to only attack monsters I have commanded it to fight.
Although they react to commands, pets are beasts, so we would like to maintain their instincts, but we will look into your suggestion.
Quote:
I want a new ability that intimidates monsters.
(Chance of intimidation correlates to the pet’s level)
I like that this captures the essence of the beastmaster. This will also enhance killer type effects, so this is a valuable suggestion.
Quote:
I would like high level plantoid called beasts to be strengthened.
We will look into this when reviewing pets. They have some decent special abilities, so we would like to increase their accessibility.
Quote:
I want to be able to skillchain with pets.
We have discussed this before in the new spell thread, but due to current settings, if pets are able to skillchain, monsters will be able to skillchain as well. This would be interesting, but the balance of battles would be changed drastically, so this would be difficult.
Quote:
I would like the strength of called beasts under level 75 to be reviewed.
We would like to perform these adjustments one at a time, but since there are a large number of issues to review, it will take a long time to address them all.
Quote:
I would like pets that use blunt/piercing attacks to be added.
We will consider this when adding unique characteristics for each pet.
Quote:
I want the maximum number of stacks for call beast items/petfood changed from 12 to 99.
Considering the balance between the cost of synthesis/synergy and the pet’s stats/amount of HP recovered from food, we think that being able to stack 12 is appropriate.
Quote:
I would like the amount of HP recovered from pet food to depend on the beastmaster’s charisma.
Actually, the amount of HP recovered from pet food is affected by stats, but charisma having an added effect is unique to beastmasters, so we would like to work towards implementing it.
Quote:
I would like my pet to fully recover (Full HP/300TP/ status ailments cured/recast time for call beast reset) when using familiar.
This is a good suggestion for when you get stuck in a bind. The details of what type of effects we can implement will be discussed, but we will look into this idea.

08-18-2011 05:02 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

We’d like to introduce some of the job adjustments planned for the upcoming version update.

Rouse* Lv93
Enhances summoned pet. However, the pet will disappear when the effect is removed or wears off.

New Call Beast pets will be added.

With that in mind, we are planning to introduce the two species below as pets!

Oh yeah...one more thing.
Now this is me talking about the future, but we have had a lot of request to use HNM monsters and have bird-type pets, so we are thinking it might be about to time to add these monsters to the arsenal of Call Beast:

This bad boy is envisioned as being implemented as the size of the ones residing in Abyssea.

Apkallu…

You probably are hoping for your own Colibri, eh?
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-16 12:41:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
In order to act, so although animal instinct of the wild Consider the trees you want to keep.
this could be big
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-08-16 12:45:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Wolfshadow said: »
Quote:
In order to act, so although animal instinct of the wild Consider the trees you want to keep.
this could be big

TREANTS ARE THE NEW 2 HOUR MOB
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-16 12:47:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said: »
Cerberus.Wolfshadow said: »
Quote:
this could be big

TREANTS ARE THE NEW 2 HOUR MOB
oh god, i'm wet with anticipation

this will let us solo AV surely
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-08-16 12:49:33
Link | Quote | Reply

leafstorm spam is going to be broken

I'm from the future
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-16 13:02:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Move over charged whisker
 Cerberus.Valmur
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2011-08-16 13:03:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh you guys.
By Ska681 2011-08-16 13:18:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
12 → 99 want to change the number of stacks / Pet Food Sauce
If you think a line of performance commensurate with the amount of pets recovering the cost of drilling / synthesis at this time reasonably believes that the stack 12.
wants pet food to stack to 99 instead 12 but sauce makes me think may be talking about Dawn Mulsum

Quote:
I want to recover the amount of pet food depends CHR
Recovery of amount of pet food really is or if your still under the influence of status, the impact that I think is more unique because the CHR Beastmaster, I would like to adjust.
wants pet food to be chr based instead of mnd based its a maybe

Quote:
I want to review the strength of the following calls: Level 75 Pets
We have gradually been revised, to accommodate a large number because all I would like a bit of your time.
wants to review the level or str of the lvl 75 pets its
going to take some time

When you are dealing with more monsters, "Fight" Please do not attack non-target

i dont think this is talking about a trent pet more they want the pet to not attack mobs unless you use the fight ability

Quote:
"The support Cerro" We want to shorten the interval between re-use
Here are considered when a review of merit points.
shorten the ability of recast on reward and they say through merits

top two questions are about more charges for the pets, they say maybe not more charges but reduce the cost of tp moves
other one person wants pet to use a tp move at 300tp even if your sic timer is not up, they refered to the other question and say tp move cost is being looked at

dont get the others

not sure
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-08-16 13:22:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I want you to recover your pet when casting Tsukaima (reset cooldown call / error recovery state / TP300 / full recovery HP)

They are asking for full recovery of pet (HP/TP/status) upon using 2hour.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-16 13:33:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ska681 said: »
When you are dealing with more monsters, "Fight" Please do not attack non-target

i dont think this is talking about a trent pet more they want the pet to not attack mobs unless you use the fight ability
nope, I'm pretty sure thems treants
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-08-16 20:10:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Updated OP with english version~
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-08-16 20:20:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Quote:
When battling multiple monsters, I want my pet to only attack monsters I have commanded it to fight.
Although they react to commands, pets are beasts, so we would like to maintain their instincts, but we will look into your suggestion.
That seems kinda lazy and a poor excuse to me lol... but I'm no bst so /shrug
 Odin.Minefield
Server: Odin
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2011-08-16 20:27:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
Quote:
Quote:
That seems kinda lazy and a poor excuse to me lol... but I'm no bst so /shrug
Aye, that is a terrible excuse on their part. There has been multiple times where that "maintaining their instincts" totally ruined the whole situation, at least to me personally. ...I hate trials.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-08-17 00:32:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Quote:
We have discussed this before in the new spell thread, but due to current settings, if pets are able to skillchain, monsters will be able to skillchain as well. This would be interesting, but the balance of battles would be changed drastically, so this would be difficult.
Does anyone else think that this would be the greatest thing ever? Would love to see some skillchaining on us, would be exciting!!
[+]
 Fenrir.Omgwtftaru
Server: Fenrir
user: kivyin
By Fenrir.Omgwtftaru 2011-08-17 09:26:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Who the hell asked these questions or even gave these suggestions? Just awful.
[+]
By Artemicion 2011-08-17 09:58:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Quote:
Does anyone else think that this would be the greatest thing ever? Would love to see some skillchaining on us, would be exciting!!

The Shikaree Gals did it back in CoP.
I don't see why it couldn't be part of any battle that involves more than one mob or even NMs that TP-spam moves against you.
As long as they beefed up SC capacity for BST, SMNs and PUPs alike.
 Bismarck.Selka
Server: Bismarck
user: Selka
By Bismarck.Selka 2011-08-17 11:50:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said: »
Quote:
Quote:

The Shikaree Gals did it back in CoP.
I don't see why it couldn't be part of any battle that involves more than one mob or even NMs that TP-spam moves against you.
As long as they beefed up SC capacity for BST, SMNs and PUPs alike.
PUPs can SC with their pets, and SMN BPs can MB off other ppls' SCs.

Still, SE's point is that some NMs and fights would be pretty drastically changed, and they'd have to evaluate every fight to determine whether or not it would become too hard. So I can see from their perspective /shrug
By Artemicion 2011-08-17 11:53:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, rebalancing the existing system with the introduction of being SCed outside of CoP missions would be downright game breaking.
Assuming the had enough time to readjust difficulties on various NMs, it would be very fun and refreshing.

But I would like to see BST have some SC options with their pet as well as SMN having more SCable physical BPs that rival the power of their avatar nukes.
By Crytone 2011-08-17 17:26:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I understand them not wanting to allow jugs to stack to 99 but why not allow you to bundle them and stack bundles to 12 (much like ninjutsu tools, etc..) and the same for pet food.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2011-08-17 17:36:55
Link | Quote | Reply

The questions were overall terrible.
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-08-17 17:40:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
The questions were overall terrible.
^This. However, I do agree that I wish pets only fought targets they were ordered to fight, instead of constantly retaliating links etc ;x
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-08-18 10:22:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Beastmaster got some news this morning, it's only in japanese atm but it includes some pictures, think what you want about them but here you go:

08-18-2011 06:16 AM
[source]
Mocchi
Community Rep

そろそろお腹がすいてきました、こんにちは。

次回バージョンアップに予定されているジョブ調整の内容を一足先にお届けします。
ふりしぼれ Lv93
呼び出したペットを強化する。ただし、効果解除されるとペットはいなくなる。
新規呼び出しペットの追加

ということで、ペットに関しては以下の2種類が登場する予定です!
(スラッグは獣じゃない!っていう野暮なツッコミはなしですよっ

そうそう!
これは将来的な話ではあるのですが、「HNMのモンスターを!」とか「そろそろバード類のペットを!」といったあたりのご要望に関してはこんなモンスターをよびだせるようにしようかなぁ…と考えています。

アビセアに生息しているサイズで想定中です。

アプカルェ・・・・・・

我々のコリブリが欲しいよ!!ってことだったり……しますか?

lolGoogleEnglish:

When the english version is released I'll add it to the OP.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2011-08-18 10:24:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Man, reading the google translate is hysterical.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2011-08-18 10:31:30
Link | Quote | Reply

The top 2 pictures to me obv suggest new jug pets, the bottom 2 suggest BST will now be able to charm abyssea mobs.
 Sylph.Okiah
Server: Sylph
user: Okiah
By Sylph.Okiah 2011-08-18 15:21:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm hoping for an Antlion! my favourite mob type!
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2011-08-18 15:31:12
Link | Quote | Reply

would love a new pld type a true tanking pet preferably a crab or a slime though crab be nice i kinda miss cc ; ;

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2011-08-18 15:34:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Apkallu and Adamantoise pets would be awesome.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2011-08-18 15:34:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Manque said: »
Japanese reader here. Too lazy to translate exactly, but... here's the gist:

BST will get an ability that temporarily strengthens pets, but with the "lifting or cancellation" of this effect, the pet will die.

They plan to implement the top two as new jug pets.
They are looking into the possibilities of calling 'HNM-like' monsters.

Note under the adamantoise says, "assuming it stays the same size as those monsters inhabiting abyssea".

Also, seems the community has expressed interest in a colibri pet, but they're purposefully, albeit playfully, avoiding this question at the end.

now a i remmember years agfo when pantkron first came out they mentioned about being able use soulplates to call mobs with in battle by bst even for hnms. Can't remember if was them or comunity but lot talk of being able call behemoths. But then it all just kinda vanished...
By Artemicion 2011-08-18 15:38:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I would die a happy man if they let BSTs use a colibri pet. Jug or charmed, I don't care <3
First Page 2 3