Is This Gear Is Still Good?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » is this gear is still good?
is this gear is still good?
 Fenrir.Surgator
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: blade4
By Fenrir.Surgator 2011-05-22 18:07:54
Link | Quote | Reply

does shura togi is still good? optical hat too? i know a lot of gear near 75 , i know a lot of thing have pop since that old time but do a monk use them still and is worth it? i was wondering because i don't have any gear of abyssea atm so i want to know what is good and what is not.

Thank you everyone!
 Cerberus.Eugene
Server: Cerberus
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-05-22 18:10:29
Link | Quote | Reply

o hat hasn't been good since 2005
[+]
 Fenrir.Surgator
By Fenrir.Surgator 2011-05-22 18:11:00
Link | Quote | Reply

and for shura?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-05-22 18:11:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ohat hasn't been good since ToAU if not earlier, evasion aside...

Togi may be decent with augments, but there are easy to get pieces that rival or outperform it in its base form.
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-22 18:12:59
Link | Quote | Reply

OHat can have its uses if you're in desperate search of Accuracy or Evasion and happen to have one hanging around.
Shura used to be the best MNK TP and WS body, and it got a slight improvement from the synergy augments which can add some extra Attack and even Haste, but Abyssea armor is just soooo much better than that.
[+]
 Fenrir.Surgator
By Fenrir.Surgator 2011-05-22 18:23:01
Link | Quote | Reply

thank you for all your info , i will try to work hard on those abyssea armor but it is hard to get when you need like all good atma to be able to do low man thing for those item to drop!
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-22 18:27:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Getting the +1 is rather simple, and as long as you have a few friends who already possess good Atmas, you can simply ask them to help you get the seals real quick.

For +2s it's pretty much the same thing, and with the increased number of NMs dropping such items, it is now much simpler to obtain them. Some NMs are much easier than others. You are likely to stumble upon a few +2 items while you are targeting Atmas as well. GL
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-05-22 18:31:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Togi for MNK gets beaten out by Aurore body, sadly.
[+]
 Leviathan.Niniann
Server: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-05-22 18:34:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Go buy a full assortment of the Aurore set. It kinda sucks but it's waaaay better than the things you've mentioned. From there work on AF3, and do a Magian Weapon.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-05-22 18:45:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Niniann said:
Go buy a full assortment of the Aurore set. It kinda sucks but it's waaaay better than the things you've mentioned. From there work on AF3, and do a Magian Weapon.

That's why I refuse to level MNK again until I have a full set of +1 ready to go :D
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-05-22 18:55:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Surgator said:
optical hat too?

you'd think so from the number you see in aby parties
 Carbuncle.Ronson
Server: Carbuncle
user: ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2011-05-22 18:56:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:

That's why I refuse to level MNK again until I have a full set of +1 ready to go :D

i have everything but the body and feet :(....bloody feet want drop in chests for me and ive had all feet seals months.i dont quest seals but its looking likely that i will have to quest body,have to see.
 Fenrir.Terminus
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-05-24 16:11:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Ronson said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:

i have everything but the body and feet :(....bloody feet want drop in chests for me and ive had all feet seals months.i dont quest seals but its looking likely that i will have to quest body,have to see.

Don't quest the body. The mnk body seals are kinda a pain to get drops for, but the quests are terribad in comparison. (Still doable, of course, but still.)

Source: My aurore body piece.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-05-24 16:18:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Optical hat wasn't a bad evasion piece back in the day, acc and eva on it. Emp pin is better but not by much. It's still one of the best evasion head pieces.
 Asura.Arkanethered
Server: Asura
By Asura.Arkanethered 2011-05-24 16:22:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Sadly I remember when ohat was a must have.